Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of Duty

Comments

• aliwibble said:
    robroy said:
    I think Gill is H. That is why she always types on the chat and never speaks. Its got to be a woman. 

It would be too easy for Ted to be H. 

An alternative is for Ted to get off and then in the final credits reveal he is H. 

Anyway, enjoying it so far 
    Agree that Gill is H. Where does Lisa McQueen fit in as Tony Gates' daughter there though?
    One theory is that she is Tony and Jackies daughter. Plausible but I wouldn’t like that personally. 
    Without going back and watching series 1 it's hard to know if the timeline fits but Jed Mercurio does like a seemless connection  between series But with the odd loose stitch waiting to be picked and  that would fit in with his writing Raison d'être.
    Gates and Jackie were dating for a long time and she left him to marry someone rich, according to Gates story to Kate in Series 1. Im not sure how she would hide the baby from Gates and her new husband unless the new husband made her give up Lisa as soon as they got together. 
    Yeah has Lisa not mentioned she was in care? So that story fits. Lisa certainly seems twitchy but she was happy for an ‘innocent’man in Corbett get killed so she’s in rather deep. Plus Jackies body has only just been discovered so how would she know they definitely killed her? 
    Am i correct in thinking that OCG have been storing Jackie in the lad with downs syndromes house since series one? I have no idea how she would know that though, but if the theory is true then she must have got her knowledge about what had gone on from somewhere to infiltrate the correct gang in the first place.
    Yeah she could easily have found it out somewhere. We didn't really see her reaction but if she was willing to go undercover with the group for revenge for her Mum, I would have thought she would have acted differently upon seeing her in a freezer. 

The theory would work but personally I would prefer a different twist. 
    She wasn't there when they reopened the freezer was she?
    Different room but she could easily have seen and would have heard them talking about in a women in a freezer. 
    Or maybe she missed the whole incident. I think the theory she is Gates' daughter has some substance. She's the most interesting character on the show I think.
    She was there when they dumped the bodies though, so I have my doubts personally. It's a bit too convoluted a theory even for Line of Duty.
    She was, although stayed in the car and spoke to that young lad about job interviews etc. Maybe to take her mind off of it? 
  • MrLargo said:
    hawksmoor said:
    cfgs said:
    I also have a sneaky suspicion about Steve's on off girlfriend, she works in major crimes and has an "in" into AC12 through him.  She is also rather pretty. 
    Is this the same one he was seeing in season 3? Of course, I could look it up.
    Yeah she pied him off when he got stitched up. She's now pied him off cos he can't get a boner. Lovely girl.
    But he got injured in Series 4, which finished in April 2017, 2 years ago. Even if he's on a lean spell, he must have poured himself a few hand shandies during that time. I mean, I've had several hundred during that time. So he must already know if he's got issues downstairs, in which case why has he put himself in a potentially embarrassing situation with his ex-bird.

I think I've figured out who "H" is, I know who Lisa McQueen is, I know who's stitched Hastings up - all of that's easy. The story surrounding Steve's todger just doesn't add up though. Apart from anything else, she was fully clothed when he gave up and went to the bathroom. At the very least, you'd get her bra off and have a bit of a fondle upstairs and downstairs before calling it a night, and he's had the entire bus journey home to give it a sneaky motivational rub in his pocket as well. All very mysterious - pretty sure that the big twist/shock/cliffhanger in next week's episode will relate to Arnott's knob. I know we're not supposed to do spoilers, but I'm almost certain that Steve's penis is H, and is responsible for recruiting and running bent coppers across the 5 series to date from deep inside Steve's pants. 

This is brilliant , proper LOL at work reading this , post of the week !
  • JamesSeed said:
    My wife makes me watch it, but I don’t like it at all. Please don’t tell her. 
    She (Mrs H) has started watching it tonight, I'd rather listen to the footy on the radio and catch up with CL etc.
  • Language Timothy  !!
  • explains the extra long beeeeeep when they start recording an interview
  • Sponsored links:

• Jed needs to calm down. Nowhere in that article does Pink say that anyone has written series 6 or 7. 
  • Riviera said:
    Jed needs to calm down. Nowhere in that article does Pink say that anyone has written series 6 or 7. 
    But does Jed know who 'H' is?
  • Greenie said:
    Riviera said:
    Jed needs to calm down. Nowhere in that article does Pink say that anyone has written series 6 or 7. 
    But does Jed know who 'H' is?
    What's Steer got to do with knowing who H is?

• Fantastic. Others I'd have:

- Someone is introduced, doesn't have a speaking role and their only job is to sit in a corner and take notes/whisper in their client's ear

- "The Gaffer"

- Rights are read

- We see someone's death
  • And 'You pull from the inside, I'll pull from the outside.'
  • hawksmoor said:
    And 'You pull from the inside, I'll pull from the outside.'
    Don't be filthy !
  • edited May 2019
    I watched episode 2-4 this evening. I thought episode 1 was a little disappointing but the next 3 episodes were amazingly good. I was so surprised Corbett was killed that way. Very sad. :cry: Stephen Graham's performance in this series is truly great.
  • I watched episode 2-4 this evening. I thought episode 1 was a little disappointing but the next 3 episodes were amazingly good. I was so surprised Corbett was killed that way. Very sad. :cry: Stephen Graham's performance in this series is truly great.
    Stephen Graham is excellent. Ive still not watched Taboo from a couple of years back, apparently hes good in that too. 
    Looking forward to seeing him in Scorsese's new film The Irishman. Great cast he is going to be acting with, De Niro, Pacino, Joe Pesci, Harvey Keitel. Should be on Netflix very soon in UK so may be already on in US 
  • Sponsored links:

• I watched episode 2-4 this evening. I thought episode 1 was a little disappointing but the next 3 episodes were amazingly good. I was so surprised Corbett was killed that way. Very sad. :cry: Stephen Graham's performance in this series is truly great.
    Stephen Graham is excellent. Ive still not watched Taboo from a couple of years back, apparently hes good in that too. 
    Looking forward to seeing him in Scorsese's new film The Irishman. Great cast he is going to be acting with, De Niro, Pacino, Joe Pesci, Harvey Keitel. Should be on Netflix very soon in UK so may be already on in US 
    I didn't know he was in Taboo. I watched about 20 minutes of it earlier this year but thought it was a bit weird/not my cup of tea so I gave it up.

The Irishman's cast is amazing..... I'll definitely watch it when it is available.
  • Good tip while viewing Line of Duty, watch it with the sub-titles on even if you're not hard of hearing 😀
  • Is the season finale on tonight? (I haven't read all posts on this thread as I have yet to watch episode 5).
  • Is the season finale on tonight? (I haven't read all posts on this thread as I have yet to watch episode 5).
    Yeah. 90 minute special
  • edited May 2019
    Is the season finale on tonight? (I haven't read all posts on this thread as I have yet to watch episode 5).
    Yeah. 90 minute special
    Wow that is like a film. I guess I'll have to restrain myself from opening this thread after the finale is aired😂 (It won't be available here immediately.)
    Stephen Graham is only 5 foot 3 and is more scary than John Terry.

Stephen Graham is only 5 foot 3 and is more scary than John Terry.

Absolutely. But I like scenes more where he/Corbett appears vulnerable, for example when he talks to his wife on the phone, and when he almost loses it confronting Steve in the garage. Moments like those make me feel really sorry for him. I always thought he would die but didn't expect him to be killed by his own men. To think he actually was killed (partly) because he wanted to save the girls.... A very tragic character died in an even more tragic way.
  • At a cubs and beavers fund raising party until 10 tonight so will only watch it late tonight. Will have to avoid the internet ! 
  • edited May 2019
    Printing off the line of duty bingo card for tonight.... eyes down....