Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of Duty

Comments

• Chizz said:
    Favourite like tonight, "Fuck the Chizz".
    Now listen here, fella... 
    I refer the suspect to document 2 in your folder....
  • edited March 2021
    Searches for the words Covid and chis in the UK today..

• A lot of references back to earlier episodes there.
  • I am glad you confirmed re Terry. 
    Said to the wife is he the one from previous series but with a new actor. 
  • New Hastings saying and as my old granny would say:

Houl yer whisht 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks @aliwibble. LoD is one of those shows where its good to have a catch up on the previous seasons beforehand as its so interlinked. Recognised the Terry character from before and Buckles but not Farida.
  • Worst acting by far was by the guy who played Davison’s boss. Tree-trunk wooden.
  • Well that was disappointing.
    The worst opening episode by a mile.
    The filming also seemed to lack atmosphere, felt a bit sterile, probably something to do with Covid filming.
    I don’t think Sue Tulley is directing this series. That might be why it seems slightly different
  • Starting to be a non police event and more resembling a story about sexual conquests and intrigue.  I never new if Dixon of Dock Geeen was Straight,  gay or bi...why do we need to know any of this and if we do what is the point.
    Given the involvement of the ex (meeting with Steve) surely the fact they were in a relationship could be very relevant later down the line?
  • Anybody got any early predictions/theories?

Personally I believe Kate is still AC12 and is investigating Buckles for being bent. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Think Mercurio shocked us by not shocking us in the first episode. 

Solid opening, building the base  
    I hope and believe you are right. I probably went into it with sky-high expectations, and did feel it was a bit wooden, laboured, in places.
  • To be fair never rated Kelly McDonald as an actress. Seen her in several series and wooden is correct description 
  • Anybody got any early predictions/theories?

Personally I believe Kate is still AC12 and is investigating Buckles for being bent. 
    The only one I have so far is that Kelly Macdonald was:
    a) covering for/doing something dodgy with the van delay for
    b) is scared of (hence the locks)

the ex who reported her to Steve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Starting to be a non police event and more resembling a story about sexual conquests and intrigue.  I never new if Dixon of Dock Geeen was Straight,  gay or bi...why do we need to know any of this and if we do what is the point.
    Firstly, not true - George Dixon was married so you knew he was straight.

But secondly, Line of Duty is about police corruption not simply police trying to catch bad guys, and in many cases during the series it's been private lives that have led to officers being coerced etc.

Tony Gates/Jackie Laverty as an example from the very first episode.

Si being married is a sign of straighness...try Philip Scofield then. 
    Its not the solid gold guarantee but its a fairly good indicator just going by numbers 

In Dixon of dock greens day to say you were married was a cast iron certainly you were straight 

In Phillip Schofields case I was genuinely amazed he had been living as a straight man and married with a family, I'd always assumed he was gay 
  • It was slightly wooden I must admit. All looked a bit cheap as well, even when Steve and Kate were driving round the block, the background looked like 80’s special effects. Still glad it’s back tho.
  • Always have to suspend disbelief for this excellent series .. why are there so many mucked up corrupt senior female police officers ?, the coincidences are mind boggling, the logistics for some of the organised crimes and cover ups are astounding, but I still thoroughly enjoy Line of Duty .. Unforgotten is coming up fast on the rails though. as is The Bay (hope there is a new series of that in the pipeline) .. the UK is still producing a lot of quality, cliff hanging/mustn't miss TV drama
  • Kelly Mac is nailed on baddy in first episode, ergo: she isn't a baddy.
    Apart from that, lots of coppers in an office leaning back in their chairs, tapping a biro on their chin and looking accusingly at a higher ranking copper in a bad mood talking to another higher ranking copper who looks as though they might start crying. Or more probably, walk out and find a stairwell and text someone. 
  • A fairly quiet start but I quite enjoyed it, and I think it will gather pace and power in the next couple of episodes. I liked the way the writers explored the state mind of the main protagonists after the fall out from the last series' storyline. Ted Hastings still under a cloud, Steve Arnott getting fed up with the routine mundanity of his workload, Kate Fleming having moved on to a murder squad. Quite a change from the super-charged team spirit and closeness of earlier series. I think the story of how this develops will be an important part of this series, alongside the main storyline.
  • Gail Vella isn't dead. 

DCI Jo Davidson and DSU Buckles had words along the lines of 'if you want this to go the way we want it to go...' hinting that they were in collusion in a scam. 

Davidson split with PS Jatri.  We saw Davidson let herself in to their semi-detached house.  Davidson later let herself into hew own flat, and then bolted it like it was Fort Knox.  Is she locking people out of her flat?  Or preventing something or someone from getting out?  

If the latter, the candidates are Gail Vella, (and the potential victim of a hostage situation to be carried out later by Davidson and Buckles); or Turner, either dead (in a freezer, recovered from Ross Turner's flat, at which Terry Boyle was arrested) or alive and held hostage in the flat.  

Jatri has psychological issues (the cutting, the apologies, the un-returned calls, the cutting up of Davidson's clothes).  Her call to AC-12 is a false flag. 

Ryan Pilkington has a hand in the situation with Vella. 

Gail Vella isn't dead. 
  • An awful lot of codes in the dialogue at the start, I spent as much time translating for MsAA as listening for my own enjoyment.