Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of Duty

Comments

• Just a bit of fun this isn't it. Started going downhill from series 3 onwards if you ask me..Good entertainment but completely unbelievable most of the time. Acting not brilliant. Storylines with riddled with holes.

If you're new to it and going in expecting the Wire because of the hullabaloo surrounding it, ... Don't.
    Series 2 and 3 were definitely the peak so far, having Dot join AC12 was a good idea, and the "urgent exit required" bit was class.
  • I thought Season 4 with Thandie Newton was still excellent, although don't disagree it became that bit more unbelievable. I enjoyed Season 5 but yes, you had to pretend it was on a different planet. 
  • Chizz said:
    Gail Vella isn't dead. 

DCI Jo Davidson and DSU Buckles had words along the lines of 'if you want this to go the way we want it to go...' hinting that they were in collusion in a scam. 

Davidson split with PS Jatri.  We saw Davidson let herself in to their semi-detached house.  Davidson later let herself into hew own flat, and then bolted it like it was Fort Knox.  Is she locking people out of her flat?  Or preventing something or someone from getting out?  

If the latter, the candidates are Gail Vella, (and the potential victim of a hostage situation to be carried out later by Davidson and Buckles); or Turner, either dead (in a freezer, recovered from Ross Turner's flat, at which Terry Boyle was arrested) or alive and held hostage in the flat.  

Jatri has psychological issues (the cutting, the apologies, the un-returned calls, the cutting up of Davidson's clothes).  Her call to AC-12 is a false flag. 

Ryan Pilkington has a hand in the situation with Vella. 

Gail Vella isn't dead. 
    A lot of ideas there that are shall we say .... a little out there!

but good point about Ryan Pilkington. He’s definitely gonna be in this series after ending the last with him joining the force 
  • Did Kate leave AC-12 at the end of last season or somewhere between last season and this? I thought she was already undercover in this murder dept at the start of this episode as I couldn't remember
  • Did Kate leave AC-12 at the end of last season or somewhere between last season and this? I thought she was already undercover in this murder dept at the start of this episode as I couldn't remember
    Davidson, Buckles and Arnott all believe that she has permanently transferred from AC-12.  But, has she?  And, if so, why have she and Hastings not told Arnott? 
  • Pleased that we have special needs actors in Line of Duty.
  • I don’t know if this has already been mentioned, but that’s the first time a continuity announcer has had to explain an abbreviation in an episode as the credits rolled.
  • Much better than last week
  • Starting to build, from the new policeman on the case that was part of the OCG in earlier episodes and tried to cut off Arnotts fingers.
  • Sponsored links:

• BENT CARRPPEERRRSSS
  • Arnott walked back to his PC, which had AC12 on it and he just clicked to get onto a working screen, no password. Sackable offence in many places.
    Super sensitive finger print recognition? 
  • Ahhh..... Didn’t make the connection of young Ryan and OCG Ryan (series 5). 

• Taxi_Lad said:
    Ahhh..... Didn’t make the connection of young Ryan and OCG Ryan (series 5). 

Or proper kiddie OCG Ryan (Series 1)
  • Arnott walked back to his PC, which had AC12 on it and he just clicked to get onto a working screen, no password. Sackable offence in many places.
    I said exactly the same thing to my wife. It’s so ingrained in me that I even lock my pc every time I leave my desk when I’m working from home.
  • Chizz said:
    Gail Vella isn't dead. 

DCI Jo Davidson and DSU Buckles had words along the lines of 'if you want this to go the way we want it to go...' hinting that they were in collusion in a scam. 

Davidson split with PS Jatri.  We saw Davidson let herself in to their semi-detached house.  Davidson later let herself into hew own flat, and then bolted it like it was Fort Knox.  Is she locking people out of her flat?  Or preventing something or someone from getting out?  

If the latter, the candidates are Gail Vella, (and the potential victim of a hostage situation to be carried out later by Davidson and Buckles); or Turner, either dead (in a freezer, recovered from Ross Turner's flat, at which Terry Boyle was arrested) or alive and held hostage in the flat.  

Jatri has psychological issues (the cutting, the apologies, the un-returned calls, the cutting up of Davidson's clothes).  Her call to AC-12 is a false flag. 

Ryan Pilkington has a hand in the situation with Vella. 

Gail Vella isn't dead. 
    Well, unsurprisingly, Ryan Pilkington indeed has a hand in the situation. Not just 'finding' the knife used to murder Carl Banks, with forensic evidence linked to the CHIS, (the OCG's M.O. is planting incriminating evidence (example: the use of forensic evidence linking to Jackie Laverty's body)) but also in acting as a chauffeur for Davidson after her release and prior to her being given her latest burner phone by the OCG. 

It's also interesting that Corbett's widow seems to want to continue a friendship with acting DI Arnott, despite having relied on a £50,000 cash gift from Hastings. I think we will see more of her. 

Remember also that Dot Cottan ('the third H') worked at The Hill prior to transferring to AC-12. That shows a further link between the MIT and AC-12.  (Perhaps exacerbated by Buckles' golf fetish - check out the posters in his office). 

Chloe will definitely have a big part in how the story pans out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought it was a quality episode tonight. Far better than last week. The interview scenes are what the show is all about and Adrian Dunbar as Ted Hastings is brilliant at what he does 
  • I reckon Buckles is just playing the fool
  • edited March 2021
    A few questions........

1)  surely they wouldn't just take Jo's word for the phones being at the flat. Anyone can see it could be a fit up, esp if they suspect her enough to question her under caution.  Why would a low level PC be that involved & have that amount of power/leverage to organise a switch of the men in the flat.

2) Steve said the painkillers were in the side pocket of the car - so why did Corbetts widow go straight to the glove compartment.

3) I'm sure Kate has interviewed Ryan before. Surely she would recognise him.....esp if he still has the same first name. Not very good coppering imo. 
  • She does recognise him, she even asked him if they had met before. 

It will come to her. 
  • edited March 2021
    A few questions........

1)  surely they wouldn't just take Jo's word for the phones being at the flat. Anyone can see it could be a fit up, esp if they suspect her enough to question her under caution.  Why would a low level PC be that involved & have that amount of power/leverage to organise a switch of the men in the flat.

2) Steve said the painkillers were in the side pocket of the car - so why did Corbetts widow go straight to the glove compartment.

3) I'm sure Kate has interviewed Ryan before. Surely she would recognise him.....esp if he still has the same first name. Not very good coppering imo. 
    Despite Line of Duty being extremely unrealistic at times, I don’t think that’s fair. She half recognised him and it’s been a long time since she interviewed him. He’s changed slightly and is an inch or two taller since then. Ryan is hardly a first name that would stand out. 

I think it’s far more ridiculous that he was allowed to join the police in the first place given his links to OCG. At the very least he would be well on anti corruptions radar. 

Also, Buckles interviewed Ryan in Season 1 so he’s either bent, thick as pig shit, both or the writers have screwed up. 
  • A few questions........

I don’t believe Jo said anything about the phones being at the flat. She just listed the names of the others who had the opportunity to inform the OCG. 
  • Good episode! I never quite get the 'unrealistic' jibes that such a drama gets for condensing let's say a weeks worth of 'real life' into 58 minutes.
  • Chizz said:
    Did Kate leave AC-12 at the end of last season or somewhere between last season and this? I thought she was already undercover in this murder dept at the start of this episode as I couldn't remember
    Davidson, Buckles and Arnott all believe that she has permanently transferred from AC-12.  But, has she?  And, if so, why have she and Hastings not told Arnott? 
    Ted really laying it on thick about Kate leaving. Protecting Arnott from knowing the scrote  who tried to cut off his fingers in series 1 is now in the force and that Kate is deep undercover?

Arnott only getting a temp promotion as Kate will be coming back?