Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of Duty

Comments

• Another excellent episode tonight I thought. Who was Davidson messaging on the laptop at the end? Don't think buckles is dodgy at all.

What's everyone's thoughts? 
  • Another excellent episode tonight I thought. Who was Davidson messaging on the laptop at the end? Don't think buckles is dodgy at all.

What's everyone's thoughts? 
    The OCG
  • I think Buckle is a red herring - the writer is trying to sow a seed that he's the Caddy I think (the golf clubs in the office), can't personally work out if he's dodgy, thick or both!
  • Rob7Lee said:
    I think Buckle is a red herring - the writer is trying to sow a seed that he's the Caddy I think (the golf clubs in the office), can't personally work out if he's dodgy, thick or both!
    Too obvious, definitely agree it's a red herring, Davidson has fitted him up.  However, I think Ted and Kate's plan was to get an interview with Buckells knowing it's not him who's guilty, but now done in a way so the OCG won't be alarmed by AC-12 bringing Buckells in.

If that makes sense! 

• Saw this on Twitter, no idea how people pick up this stuff!
  • Not enough furtive glancing in this series.
  • Sponsored links:

sorry, I have dodgy eye - what are we supposed to be looking at. What do the mugs say  ?

sorry, I have dodgy eye - what are we supposed to be looking at. What do the mugs say  ?
    The 'H' on the tiles.

"No-one likes us". 

But, back to the picture. The tiles on the wall spell out "H". 
  • edited April 2021
    One thing I'm not sure on - would Steve potentially fail a drugs test for stuff (co-codamol was it?) that's available over the counter, especially given they know he's had a bad back (to put it mildly)?

Even if he's clearly taking a ton more than he should, it's still over the counter (& potentially partly prescribed)?
  • edited April 2021
    One thing I'm not sure on - would Steve potentially fail a drugs test for stuff (co-codamol was it?) that's available over the counter, especially given they know he's had a bad back (to put it mildly)?

Even if he's clearly taking a ton more than he should, it's still over the counter (& potentially partly prescribed)?
    An abnormal level of the drug would come up in a test wouldn't it? If he is addicted to it then he becomes dependent on it to exist. It can also harm both his physical and mental state. In addition, it is masking a serious medical condition that could see him pensioned off.
  • Does anyone feel any affection for any of the characters in this now?

They're all so cold and wooden.
    The storyline gets funnier by the week. I think that's the only reason I'm still watching.

I'm at the point now where I really couldn't give a shit about what happens to any of them.
  • MrLargo said:
    Also can someone explain to me why Ryan was avoiding Steve so much? I can't remember how they came into contact before, was it in the John Corbett season?
    Season 1. Tried to cut his fingers off with bolt cutters.
    Oh right yea I remember - but when he was like 10? Bit odd that he was worried he'd remember him when he's walking around right in front of Kate all day getting her a brew.
    Wouldn't you remember the kid who tried to cut your fingers off, even if he was grown up?

Kate interviewed him once, years ago.  He's not as paranoid there.
    But would you recognise him 10 years later when he's grown up in a Police uniform in a situation you definitely wouldn't expect to meet him? 
    Yeah, he tried to cut my fingers off.
    "Little bastard damn near cut my fingers off."
  • One thing I'm not sure on - would Steve potentially fail a drugs test for stuff (co-codamol was it?) that's available over the counter, especially given they know he's had a bad back (to put it mildly)?

An abnormal level of the drug would come up in a test wouldn't it? If he is addicted to it then he becomes dependent on it to exist. It can also harm both his physical and mental state. In addition, it is masking a serious medical condition that could see him pensioned off.
    Without wishing to spoil artistic license, it would be a mouth swab saliva drug test which would come back positive for opiates, a second confirmation test would then be done on the same sample and would be able to show that it was a synthetic opioid such as codine and not heroin. This could be easily explained away by over the counter medication such as neurofen plus, but to obtain a level a blood test would have to be done. In short in real life he would be unlikely to be caught by routine drug testing and why if you were his boss and you had suspicions would you not just talk to him an offer support. But that’s real life and does not have the jeopardy that enhances drama. 
  • I’ve seen some social media stuff saying that the drugs Steve is on are, although made up brands, for pain relief and the for sleeplessness/anxiety. He said s clearly addicted 
  • Sponsored links:

• Addicted to watching LOD but its turned into Midsomer murders.

It's a parody with the police car going into the lake when any OCG would have taken out Terry Boyle without having  to kill a police officer in a bizarre sequence of events.

Every series has some brilliant acting from the likes of Lennie James and Keeley Hawkes with real emotions coming to the fore; but on the flip side you get one dimensional characters who should be in a panto. Oh no they shouldn't.

The furtive looks in this series have reached a new high.

Please Steve Arnot got his leg over dispite being in pain when just sitting down; where there's a will there's a way.

Does sound like Davidson has the hots for Kate Fleming who will go under cover or duvet and past her line of duty to record the pillow talk. 

The new Character Chole Bishop must surely be DCI Tony Gates Daughter who is determined to avenged her father's death by OCG. Same first name and as characters continue to show up from earlier series then Chole's back story will be revealed in small steps; if she mentions she can play the piano we know that Gates is the Daddy.

Sublime to the ridiculous but compulsive viewing with more red herrings than a fishmongers.
  • Addicted to watching LOD but its turned into Midsomer murders.

It's a parody with the police car going into the lake when any OCG would have taken out Terry Boyle without having  to kill a police officer in a bizarre sequence of events.

Every series has some brilliant acting from the likes of Lennie James and Keeley Hawkes with real emotions coming to the fore; but on the flip side you get one dimensional characters who should be in a panto. Oh no they shouldn't.

Please Steve Arnot got his leg over dispite being in pain when just sitting down; where there's a will there's a way.

Does sound like Davidson has the hots for Kate Fleming who will go under cover or duvet and past her line of duty to record the pillow talk. 

The new Character Chole Bishop must surely be DCI Tony Gates Daughter who is determined to avenged her father's death by OCG. Same first name and as characters continue to show up from earlier series then Chole's back story will be revealed in small steps; if she mentions she can play the piano we know that Gates is the Daddy.

Sublime to the ridiculous but compulsive viewing with more red herrings than a fishmongers.
    Do you think an anti corruption police officer would pass all the vetting required but still be able to hide the fact her father was a corrupt police officer and her mother a victim of murder from an OCG? 
  • Chizz said:
    Addicted to watching LOD but its turned into Midsomer murders.

Do you think an anti corruption police officer would pass all the vetting required but still be able to hide the fact her father was a corrupt police officer and her mother a victim of murder from an OCG? 

In the world of Line of Duty ?  Yes, its possible even if it should be a non starter.
    Jed Mercurio has created so many characters that are either bent coppers, weak police characters or just thick like Buckle. For JM to show the vetting system is flawed would fit in with his remit of showing a behemoth plagued with political influence at the apex, as hard working detectives are pressured into crossing the line as they rub shoulders with the criminals.

Being called Chole, and the right age may just be a Jed Mercurio Red herring as he knows the tooth comb is used by LOD fans and enjoys the speculation. 
  • edited April 2021
    Bump - who’s the relation?

Edit: My guess is John Corbett (Steven Graham)

I think Ryan killed Gail Vela
  • That was quality tonight!!! Proper line of duty! No who on earth is she related to? 
  • Bump - who’s the relation?

Jackie Laverty
  • Chizz said:
    Bump - who’s the relation?

Jackie Laverty
    Ooh good shout too