Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of Duty

Comments

• Separate databases for Police Officers & "nominals" so it's not anyone who is / was in the force- so rules out Corbett.

Can't be John for that reason. But it doesn't rule out Stephanie. 
  • Am I the only person on here who had to Google to remind myself who Tommy Hunter was? I can’t even remember the characters in series 5, let alone all the way back to the earlier series.
    Slimy greaseball fella from S1 I think... Had the 'caddy' working for him.
  • Original big player in the OCG who recruited Cottan to be his caddy when younger. Also was running Tony Gates in series 1. Turned informant and was the prisoner being transported in series 2 who was ambushed 
  • The fact it was Lee Banks who killed Lakewell last night you would expect Hastings mysterious visit to see Banks in prison in the last series to come up again.
  • edited April 2021
    Am I the only person on here who had to Google to remind myself who Tommy Hunter was? I can’t even remember the characters in series 5, let alone all the way back to the earlier series.
    This. It’s way too reliant on previous eps for me. I can’t remember any of the characters from other series. 
  • Separate databases for Police Officers & "nominals" so it's not anyone who is / was in the force- so rules out Corbett.

Unless he was taken off the police one when undercover maybe?
  • I don't mind the references to earlier series. I always had a feeling Albert Tatlock and Walter Gabriel were up to something.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Original big player in the OCG who recruited Cottan to be his caddy when younger. Also was running Tony Gates in series 1. Turned informant and was the prisoner being transported in series 2 who was ambushed 
    Maybe why they chose to re-run Series 2 just before this one started. "In all the bars in all the world....."
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Chloe the AC12 leak......?
    I think that, the way she looked at that Range Rover as they went past. Also the connection that she is the potential daughter of gates.
  • Why would she want to help the OCG though if they essentially killed her parents?
  • edited April 2021
    Is Chloe the AC12 leak......?
    I would say so. She didn’t exactly put herself out to pull the release catch on the wagon with Lakewell and Arnott in either.  In fact she might as well have pulled the trigger on Jonesy. 
  • edited April 2021

Anne-Marie McGills (left) Joanne Davidson with her 'mother' (right).  

Could Anne-Marie McGillis be the mother of Joanne Davidson? 

She grew up in Belfast and lived in Parasol Road with her husband. However, there is a persistent suggestion that Ted Hastings may be the father of her son, John, born on 3 June 1979. She is reported to have gone missing five years after her husband died in 1984.  A year later, her son, John McGillis was adopted by Anne-Marie's husband's sister, Sorcha Corbett and her husband Robert, and brought him up in Liverpool.  John McGillis took his adoptive parents' surname and grew up as John Corbett. 

Did Anne-Marie McGillis move to Scotland in 1989?  Did she change her name?  

Joanne Davidson gives her date of birth as 22 April 1979 and gives the name 'Mrs Samantha Davidson' as her next of kin.  However, Davidson told her former partner, Farida Jatri, that she does not have a family.  Might this suggest that her next of kin is fictitious?  And, if so, might she also have given a false date of birth on joining the force? 

If Joanne Davidson's date of birth, given on her personnel record is wrong, then it's possible she could be a sister, or half-sister, of the late DS John Corbett.  And possibly, therefore, distantly related to Ted Hastings. 
  • Dizzle said:
    Why would she want to help the OCG though if they essentially killed her parents?
    That's what I think aswell. She could be the leak but I still think she is the daughter of Gates and there wasn't necessarily a leak from AC12, could easily have been from the prison. Admittedly the OCG got themselves set up pretty swiftly if it was from the prison half hour before!
  • Valley11 said:
    Chizz said:

She grew up in Belfast and lived in Parasol Road with her husband. However, there is a persistent suggestion that Ted Hastings may be the father of her son, John, born on 3 June 1979. She is reported to have gone missing five years after her husband died in 1984.  A year later, her son, John McGillis was adopted by Anne-Marie's husband's sister, Sorcha Corbett and her husband Robert, and brought him up in Liverpool.  John McGillis took his adoptive parents' surname and grew up as John Corbett. 

Joanne Davidson gives her date of birth as 22 April 1979 and gives the name 'Mrs Samantha Davidson' as her next of kin.  However, Davidson told her former partner, Farida Jatri, that she does not have a family.  Might this suggest that her next of kin is fictitious?  And, if so, might she also have given a false date of birth on joining the force? 

If Joanne Davidson's date of birth, given on her personnel record is wrong, then it's possible she could be a sister, or half-sister, of the late DS John Corbett.  And possibly, therefore, distantly related to Ted Hastings. 
    I’m completely lost. 
    'Joanne Davidson might be related to John Corbett'. 
  • Chizz said:

I think your on to something fella, I think you’re on to something. 
    I don't, certainly hope not anyway. If so it makes this series pretty much the same as the previous one. I think the twist of Jo Davidson being related to someone from before is fantastic, but personally wouldn't like it to be Corbett. Hastings never mentioned a daughter and if she turns out the kids ended up in Liverpool and Scotland would be daft IMO. Can't see past Hunter, I feel the actress being Scottish is more than a coincidence. 

Also I'm not being funny, but there's a slight resemblance in the pictures but not enough to be the same person. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

I don't, certainly hope not anyway. If so it makes this series pretty much the same as the previous one. I think the twist of Jo Davidson being related to someone from before is fantastic, but personally wouldn't like it to be Corbett. Hastings never mentioned a daughter and if she turns out the kids ended up in Liverpool and Scotland would be daft IMO. Can't see past Hunter, I feel the actress being Scottish is more than a coincidence. 

Also I'm not being funny, but there's a slight resemblance in the pictures but not enough to be the same person. 
    To be clear, I have suggested a combination of what we know (John Corbett being taken to Liverpool by his adoptive parents (Anne-Marie McGillis' sister in law and her husband) and growing up there; Samantha Davidson being given as Joanne Davidson's NoK; Anne-Marie McGillis disappearing in 1989, etc) to my, wild speculation (Anne-Marie McGillis moving to Scotland and changing her name; the possibility her dob and NoK details have been obfuscated).  
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

To be clear, I have suggested a combination of what we know (John Corbett being taken to Liverpool by his adoptive parents (Anne-Marie McGillis' sister in law and her husband) and growing up there; Samantha Davidson being given as Joanne Davidson's NoK; Anne-Marie McGillis disappearing in 1989, etc) to my, wild speculation (Anne-Marie McGillis moving to Scotland and changing her name; the possibility her dob and NoK details have been obfuscated).  
    I know. The comparator picture has been over social media since Episode 1 of this Series. I just don't feel the resemblance is there nor do I think it's good for the series if she turns out to be Corbett's sister. Appreciate you're just throwing a theory out there, it's one of several I've seen, I'd just be really disappointed if it turns out to be correct. 
  • Jo Davidson will appear to be related to John Thomas 'Tommy' Hunter
  • what is the role of the Police and Crime Commissioner ? .. always lurking in the background and causing trouble for Ted. I reckon he is H  .. (or will H not be revealed until series 20 in 2035 ?)
  • Chizz said:

Not sure if timings work here, with Kelly McDonald and Stephen Graham being roughly the same age, given the above has them a few years apart?

Not to mention Davidson being born years before AMM moved to Scotland?

• what is the role of the Police and Crime Commissioner ? .. always lurking in the background and causing trouble for Ted. I reckon he is H  .. (or will H not be revealed until series 20 in 2035 ?)
    Yeah he’s up to something but I also feel he’s a red herring when it comes to the OCG
  • Chizz said:

Not sure if timings work here, with Kelly McDonald and Stephen Graham being roughly the same age, given the above has them a few years apart?

Not to mention Davidson being born years before AMM moved to Scotland?

If her dob is accurate, she can't be Corbett's sister. But if she's obfuscated the NoK, why not the dob too?
    Yeah he’s up to something but I also feel he’s a red herring when it comes to the OCG
    could be that he's being blackmailed/coerced in some way by the OCG .. so many ifs and maybes lol
  • edited April 2021
    Just asked Alexa who is H is and she said she can't tell me as the bent coppers will have her bumped off.
    I just tested that out to see if you were joking or not!