Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of Duty

Comments

• Dizzle said:

Niece AND daughter! The dirty inbreds
    Who else googled homozygisity? 
  • Is it a set up by Davison to frame Fleming for the murder of Pilkington somehow?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    aliwibble said:
    CHG said:
    Kate Fleming has 36 episodes on her IMDB credits. 
    Yeah, but they'll often include you in the credits if it's a flashback scene after your character's died, so that doesn't tell us anything.
    Has Line of Duty ever done a flashback? Although saying that, recaps from the previous episode could count too. 
    What about having your picture on the board in the AC-12 incident room? 
    Don't believe that counts as an IMDB credit. 
    Generally has to be a speaking part for an IMDB credit I think.
  • edited April 2021
    Mother of God!!! Now who got shot then? 
    I think it was Ryan, but by one of the covert ops team & not by Kate. Carmichael might have pulled them out but they might have stayed on knowing something bad was going down - followed Ryan /Jo and acted when guns were drawn. Dont think Ted, Steve & gang could get there quick enough. 
  • Mother of God!!! Now who got shot then? 
    I think it was Ryan, but by one of the covert ops team & not by Kate. Carmichael might have pulled them out but they might have stayed on knowing something bad was going down - followed Ryan /Jo and acted when guns were drawn. Dont think Ted, Steve & gang could get there quick enough. 
    Doubt surveillance teams would be armed.
  • edited April 2021
    For Kate to go there alone to meet Davidson when she's been told about her being Tommy Hunter's daughter just begger's belief But it made for entertainment despite being obvious with 20 minutes to go what the cliffhanger would be this week.
  • Maybe not as sharp as previous series but I’m still enjoying it. Far fetched, yes, but most watchable cop dramas are these days.
  • Carmichael nickname 'Hoagey' could be H?
  • aliwibble said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    aliwibble said:
    CHG said:
    Kate Fleming has 36 episodes on her IMDB credits. 
    Yeah, but they'll often include you in the credits if it's a flashback scene after your character's died, so that doesn't tell us anything.
    Has Line of Duty ever done a flashback? Although saying that, recaps from the previous episode could count too. 
    What about having your picture on the board in the AC-12 incident room? 
    Don't believe that counts as an IMDB credit. 
    Generally has to be a speaking part for an IMDB credit I think.
    I was speaking to my IMDB supporting mate about this - and he agrees with you. 
  • Definitely or definitely
  • Sponsored links:

• PWR

not sure if anyone has done/mentioned this but ask your Alexa who H is in line of duty
  • PWR

not sure if anyone has done/mentioned this but ask your Alexa who H is in line of duty
    It was covered further up the thread - very funny though.
  • bobmunro said:
    PWR

It was covered further up the thread - very funny though.
    i went to my mums this morning and she was telling me to ask it as soon as i walked in and pissing herself laughing before Alexa hade even answered.
  • You can ask alexa "who shot who" too
  • edited April 2021
    As Kate is part of the triumvirate with Ted and Steve, I just can't see her being killed off.

I realized early on that the journalist Vella who was murdered was based on the Maltese Journalist blogger and anti corruption activist Daphne Caruana Galizea who was blown up in her car when finding out information on OCG and that it led to the government. Caught the Murderer but on going to find the big fish.

Daphne Vella was her maiden name.

Jed Mercurio has true stories interwoven with the fiction. The young black architecture murdered by a white racist gang needed no explanation or incompetent police taking early retirement on medical grounds before the truth of their neglect comes out.

Chole's character and background will be revealed next week I'm sure as names from Series one are so relevent to the overlapping storylines and time scale.
    It was just the Scottish connection with Tommy Hunter and Jo Davidson ( They missed that in the Vetting procedure Chizz !) Maybe just a red herring by Mercurio but Chole being the same age and first name as DCI Gates (Lennie James) daughter feels significant unless that is Jed's plan to confuse and bewilder.

5 down, 2 episodes to go.
    Edited as thought only six in this series.
  • As Kate is part of the triumvirate with Ted and Steve, I just can't see her being killed off.

I realized early on that the journalist Vella who was murdered was based on the Maltese Journalist blogger and anti corruption activist Daphne Caruana Galizea who was blown up in her car when finding out information on OCG and that it led to the government. Caught the Murderer but on going to find the big fish.

Jed Mercurio has true stories interwoven with the fiction. The young black architecture murdered by a white racist gang needed no explanation or incompetent police taking early retirement on medical grounds before the truth of their neglect comes out.

Chole's character and background will be revealed next week I'm sure as names from Series one are so relevent to the overlapping storylines and time scale.
    It was just the Scottish connection with Tommy Hunter and Jo Davidson ( They missed that in the Vetting procedure Chizz !) Maybe just a red herring by Mercurio but Chole being the same age and first name as DCI Gates (Lennie James) daughter feels significant unless that is Jed's plan to confuse and bewilder.

5 down, one episode to go.
    Two episodes I believe - seven in this series.
  • bobmunro said:
    As Kate is part of the triumvirate with Ted and Steve, I just can't see her being killed off.

5 down, one episode to go.
    Two episodes I believe - seven in this series.
    Indeed, bonus one this series. 

• Mother of God!!! Now who got shot then? 
    I think the first shot was Ryan's "hand made" untraceable gun backfiring and the second shot was Kate finishing him off.

If Ryan was there to kill Kate, anyway, why didn't he just shoot her instead of trying to get her to lower her gun.

Did Ryan shoot at Jo, when she tried to run? If he did, he missed, so he could well have missed Kate, too. Perhaps he is better with a knife than a gun.
  • I got quite excited seeing Kate so fiery and sweary! Keep it up DCI Fleming!
  • mendonca said:
    I got quite excited seeing Kate so fiery and sweary! Keep it up DCI Fleming!
    Nurse.....!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2021
    Rob7Lee said:
    I think Carmichael is the big cheese in the OCG.

And can't believe they wrote the Stephen Lawrence murder into line of duty!
    Stephen Lawrence, Jimmy Savile, Jill Dando and Daniel Morgan all referenced by either name or circumstance now this series.
    The murdered journalist is based on Daphne Caruana Galizia, who was killed in 2017 while digging into government corruption in Malta. Her maiden name was Vella.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/line-of-duty-viewers-crack-link-to-murder-of-maltese-journalist-caruana-galizia-ct68lrbsh
  • mendonca said:
    I’m not a fan of the short hair but she’s a pretty girl.
  • mendonca said:
    It's a lot longer than in this is England. 
  • kodfish said:I
    Definitely or definitely

Did anyone else notice the misspelling of this word in Jo’s chat with her mysterious “director” on the laptop (definately)

I presume this is how we, the viewers (and maybe her), will workout/catch whoever it is in a future episode.

• WHAddick said:
    kodfish said:I
    Definitely or definitely

Did anyone else notice the misspelling of this word in Jo’s chat with her mysterious “director” on the laptop (definately)

I presume this is how we, the viewers (and maybe her), will workout/catch whoever it is in a future episode.

it was spelt like that when the OCG were contacting the head honcho in the series where John Corbett was killed.  
  • WHAddick said:
    kodfish said:I
    Definitely or definitely

it was spelt like that when the OCG were contacting the head honcho in the series where John Corbett was killed.  
    Yes - when Hastings was in dialogue with 'H' (I'm assuming the person on the other end of the messaging is 'H').  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    Have you noticed the fella from this is england.
  • aliwibble said:
    Kate's not dead, cos she's wearing the same clothes as she was in the pre-series trailer where she and AN Other (probably Jo, but I couldn't see closely enough to say for certain) are being told to surrender by Steve and co. Suspect Ryan's probably dead.
    Have to admit when James Nesbitt's picture showed up on screen that I wondered for a minute whether they were going to do some kind of crossover with Bloodlands (the Northern Irish thing that was on BBC 1 prior to this)
    Nesbitt and Mercurio are mates - JN's mug might just be a private joke
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    Have you noticed the fella from this is england.
    Half the cast are in it