Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of Duty

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    I got quite excited seeing Kate so fiery and sweary! Keep it up DCI Fleming!
    I’m not a fan of the short hair but she’s a pretty girl.
    It's a lot longer than in this is England. 
    Have you noticed the fella from this is england.
    He was asked how many minutes something would take this episode and said 10 to 15.

I thought it was a missed opportunity to have him go "thirteen!"
  • Mother of God!
  • Rewatching it again, I'm sure chloe is gates daughter or being portrayed as a massive red herring. In the grand scheme she is a "nobody", but the scene with Kate , Steve, Hastings and chloe where they disclose Davidsons family tree why keep panning to chloe after kates reaction to everything. 
  • I think Thurwell is going to be linked to Hastings.

They lingered  too long on the picture of his squad (Sargeants was it?) when he was NI - With Nesbitt being Northern Irish too it fits. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    I got quite excited seeing Kate so fiery and sweary! Keep it up DCI Fleming!
    I’m not a fan of the short hair but she’s a pretty girl.
    It's a lot longer than in this is England. 
    Have you noticed the fella from this is england.
    Oh that's where I recognised him from! I knew he looked familiar but couldn't think why, and hadn't got round to doing the trawl through his imdb profile.
  • Mother of God!!! Now who got shot then? 
    I think it was Ryan, but by one of the covert ops team & not by Kate. Carmichael might have pulled them out but they might have stayed on knowing something bad was going down - followed Ryan /Jo and acted when guns were drawn. Dont think Ted, Steve & gang could get there quick enough. 
    I think the first shot was Ryan's "hand made" untraceable gun backfiring and the second shot was Kate finishing him off.

If Ryan was there to kill Kate, anyway, why didn't he just shoot her instead of trying to get her to lower her gun.

Did Ryan shoot at Jo, when she tried to run? If he did, he missed, so he could well have missed Kate, too. Perhaps he is better with a knife than a gun.
    As Steve Arnott no doubt recalls, as a young boy Ryan was quite a dab hand with bolt cutters too!
  • My theory. The two shots in short succession sounded like double tapping from the same weapon. I doubt that Pilkington's workshop manufactured firearm could manage that. So Kate probably shot him unless Davidson had a decent weapon to shoot either or both Kate and Pilkington. 
  • My theory. The two shots in short succession sounded like double tapping from the same weapon. I doubt that Pilkington's workshop manufactured firearm could manage that. So Kate probably shot him unless Davidson had a decent weapon to shoot either or both Kate and Pilkington. 

• Sponsored links:

• Or Ryan shot Jo knowing that she would blab them Kate put one in him 

• Alexa thinks it was Steve arriving in the nick of time
  • In the series trailer, there was a spoiler of who shot who.
  • Chizz said:
    My theory. The two shots in short succession sounded like double tapping from the same weapon. I doubt that Pilkington's workshop manufactured firearm could manage that. So Kate probably shot him unless Davidson had a decent weapon to shoot either or both Kate and Pilkington. 
    So, of the three people at the scene, you have narrowed down the shooter to either Kate or Jo, with the possibility it might have been Ryan, or it could be Kate and Jo.  And you have also narrowed down the likely victim of the shooting to be Ryan, or Ryan and Kate, with the possibility it might have been Kate. 

Good theory - I think you might be on to something, fella. 

Backing every horse in a race is a sure way of picking the winner - I wouldn't advise it as a strategy though!
  • Alexa thinks it was Steve arriving in the nick of time

Alexa gets right on my thrupenny bits - I'm not talking to her anymore.
  • bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    My theory. The two shots in short succession sounded like double tapping from the same weapon. I doubt that Pilkington's workshop manufactured firearm could manage that. So Kate probably shot him unless Davidson had a decent weapon to shoot either or both Kate and Pilkington. 
    So, of the three people at the scene, you have narrowed down the shooter to either Kate or Jo, with the possibility it might have been Ryan, or it could be Kate and Jo.  And you have also narrowed down the likely victim of the shooting to be Ryan, or Ryan and Kate, with the possibility it might have been Kate. 

Good theory - I think you might be on to something, fella. 

Backing every horse in a race is a sure way of picking the winner - I wouldn't advise it as a strategy though!
    Used to be a decent option back in the Pricewise days and bookies going back to the grid prices at 8.30/9am. You could guarantee a profit on some races by backing every horse!
  • Carter said:
    Or Ryan shot Jo knowing that she would blab them Kate put one in him 
    I am fairly confident they traded shots. I don't get why though. Ryan went there to kill Kate and decided to have a long drawn out conversation instead! Why? Why do the bad guys always have to give a speech giving the main characters a chance to save themselves?

Given this, I reckon Ryan fired first possibly injuring Kate, she returns fire killing him is my guess. Hero's are always crack shots with insta-kill mods whereas bad guys are usually Storm Troopers.

I would really like a GOT-esque killing of a main character though. I hate TV shows where the main characters continually survive unreasonable situations. 
  • I reckon someone dropped a couple of Snap-Its
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty suspicious that the surveillance on Ryan + Davison got pulled by Carmichael at the exact time they were off to kill Kate - very similar situation to the start of the season when the surveillance was pulled for the few hours when they switched Carl Banks for Terry Boyle in the flat.

Line of Duty likes to use the same evidence/MO  to make connections to the OCG ...
  • Pretty suspicious that the surveillance on Ryan + Davison got pulled by Carmichael at the exact time they were off to kill Kate - very similar situation to the start of the season when the surveillance was pulled for the few hours when they switched Carl Banks for Terry Boyle in the flat.

Line of Duty likes to use the same evidence/MO  to make connections to the OCG ...
    If there’s anyone that Hastings tags for being H, I so hope it’s Carmichael.
  • Thinking on it more she'd probably have the ability to question if the surveillance on the Banks/Boyle flat was 'legal' to set up the events in that first episode too - they pinned that on Buckles purposefully issuing the wrong order or something but he seems to have got caught up in it all rather than masterminding the events.

And she was sent to meddle in AC12s investigation by the Commissioner who is linked to the Peadophilia scandal and this Thurwell fella...
  • Wild guess here. 

Davidson produces a gun and shoots Ryan as he pulls the trigger on Kate, causing him to miss

• Or is someone can post the series trailer that has the clue....
  • MrOneLung said:

Or is someone can post the series trailer that has the clue....
    I think the trailer pretty much points to Ryan being the one that was shot. If Kate or Jo got shot, they recovered pretty well to then be on their feet straight after! 
  • Comment from Lakewell before he met his maker, along the lines of beware or watch out for race claim.  Carmichael, less race claim leaves ....H. . 
  • Thing is there isn't a "H" anymore is there. The finale of the previous series concluded that Cottan wasn't doing 4 dots for H, he was doing 4 dots because there are 4 major players. So they are now searching for the final one rather than H.
  • Comment from Lakewell before he met his maker, along the lines of beware or watch out for race claim.  Carmichael, less race claim leaves ....H. . 

Brilliant, Holmes.
    Elementary my dear Watson.
  • MrOneLung said:

Or is someone can post the series trailer that has the clue....
    I think the trailer pretty much points to Ryan being the one that was shot. If Kate or Jo got shot, they recovered pretty well to then be on their feet straight after! 
    I took that trailer to just be trailing the whole series, not just one particular scene in it. ie, this is the kind of series it is just to whet your appetite. Why would Hastings need a megaphone when they are in a small car park & know that there are only 3 protangists present.