Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Line of Duty

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I do hope this doesn't end up going down the road that Game of Thrones went trying to shoehorn everything in at the end. Line of Duty does not deserve that ignominy.
    neither did Game of Thrones, but Weiss & Benioff were allegedly paid a bonus to wrap it before it went stale, instead they made it spoil quicker...

Hope the same never happens again to any TV show. 
    weiss and beinhoff basically got out of their game of thrones contract to do the next star wars trilogy, which they've now lost (allegedly because their ideas were awful). They have got next to no writing credits before or since GOT, i think they were just massive fans of great source material (which is why GRRM gave them the rights), but are really terrible writers.
  • Options
    This now makes Coronation Street seem interesting to be honest.  Good for insomniac though .
    Why do you bother?
  • Options
    Anyone think that’s it for Adrian Dunbar, or will he get out of being pensioned off?
  • Options
    IF they are to make another series, I'd like to see AC12 solve this case with Ted getting a promotion as reward. Kate to come back and lead AC12 with Steve. 
  • Options
    Anyone think that’s it for Adrian Dunbar, or will he get out of being pensioned off?
    Difficult to say, fella. If he proves that the CC and/or DCC are corrupt then he saves his job (subject to an explanation of the £50k!!).
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Final episode teaser trailer https://youtu.be/1nHe3Weueog
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    bobmunro said:
    Difficult to say, fella. If he proves that the CC and/or DCC are corrupt then he saves his job (subject to an explanation of the £50k!!).
    That is the next series,  retired Hastings pulling the strings of kate and arnott
  • Options
    My wife  is one of those people who struggles to recall people's names -she barely remembers mine at times and finds it far easier to replace it with an expletive! Can you imagine the agony she is in trying to follow all the various characters? It would be funny to watch if it weren't for the fact that she keeps asking me "so who is such and such". It must have taken us two hours to finish last night's episode!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    My wife  is one of those people who struggles to recall people's names -she barely remembers mine at times and finds it far easier to replace it with an expletive! Can you imagine the agony she is in trying to follow all the various characters? It would be funny to watch if it weren't for the fact that she keeps asking me "so who is such and such". It must have taken us two hours to finish last night's episode!!!

She should be in bed fella, she should be in bed. 9pm onwards is your time. 
  • Options
    Line of Duty: Penultimate episode achieves record ratings https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56889021
  • Options
    Defo gonna be another series. 

They would have been promoting FINAL EVER EPISODE all over the shop if this was last episode
  • Options
    Presume they just haven't announced another series so people go into it wondering if the main characters are going to be killed off (Kate)/sacked(Steve - drugs)/forced to retire (Ted) etc.

Imagine the 7th Series will be announced shortly after this one finishes
  • Options
    Watching last nights.It gets worse.

Ive just spent near on an hour of my life watching Terry Wogan and his mates interrogating 'No comment'Lorraine Kelly!
    Hundreds of names being thrown around. Not a clue/can't remember who they are?

Can't be doing with another series of this surely?

• Options
    This now makes Coronation Street seem interesting to be honest.  Good for insomniac though .

• Options
    Watching last nights.It gets worse.

Ive just spent near on an hour of my life watching Terry Wogan and his mates interrogating 'No comment'Lorraine Kelly!
    Hundreds of names being thrown around. Not a clue/can't remember who they are?

Can't be doing with another series of this surely?

You could always retune to the light program 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Spare a thought ?

I only started watching at episode 2 of present series !!

Hooked already of course, acting is superb and I'm getting used to the constant surprise's.
    Totally lost when the interviews go over the history. 😂
  • Options
    Spare a thought ?

I only started watching at episode 2 of present series !!

Hooked already of course, acting is superb and I'm getting used to the constant surprise's.
    Totally lost when the interviews go over the history. 😂
    If you've enjoyed it having only started on episode two, then you should go back and start from episode one of the first series and view them all chronologically.  You're really in for a treat. 
  • Options
    what Chizz said. 

Start at the beginning as young schoolboy Steve Arnott wrestles with his conscience. 

Know a couple of people at work who have only just decided to watch the programme. 

Binged the previous series and everything is fresh in their mind and they are loving it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I do hope this doesn't end up going down the road that Game of Thrones went trying to shoehorn everything in at the end. Line of Duty does not deserve that ignominy.
    Serious lack of dragons in Line of Duty.
  • Options
    the BIG mystery is .. what are we all gonna do for all the coming Sundays after next week ? .. our worlds will all be a little emptier  :'(
  • Options
    the BIG mystery is .. what are we all gonna do for all the coming Sundays after next week ? .. our worlds will all be a little emptier  :'(
    I felt the same when the Bonkers Shenanigans thread dried up, but life goes on.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    arny23394 said:
    Heavy weekend so I was in and out of consciousness during the episode so may have missed it, but why are they lying about who killed Pilkington? Am I being really stupid?
    I had the same question. Surely you’re allowed to shoot someone if they’re pointing a gun at you?
    My guess was her only way out was to say she shot him and therefore gets out of the police and into Jail.
    Still makes no sense to me as Davidson was going to prison regardless of whether it was her who shot pilkington. 
  • Options
    Perhaps the 7th series could focus on all the main characters coming together to investigate which OCG or OCU stole their senses of humour? 
  • Options
    Carmichael at one point in the interview tapped her pen 4 times on the desk - that's morse code for H!