Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Line of Duty

Comments

• Options
    That was a Charlton season of a finale.
    Perfect analogy! End of episode 5 was like back in the Premier League days when we used to sing "we're all going on a European Tour" throughout January and February.
    Tonight's episode was like the last day of the season home defeat to Fulham or whoever that just summed up how shit we'd been for the last couple of months!
  • Options
    The reveal that Buckles was a key coordinator for the OCG is like finding out that Graham Norton has been pulling the strings for Al Qaeda for the past 20 years.
    But he wasnt because there was no H. Tommy Hunter was the key man and since he got banged up it was simply OCGs running round with a bit of help from multiple police officers, one of which was Buckles. I personally didn't mind it being him, my disappointment purely came from the episode being flat. 
  • Options
    Disappointed. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Way better alternative ending on here, for anyone who's not seen it:

brilliant, so much better than tonight's episode
  • Options
    For a series which has railed against liars being promoted to our highest offices, and their ability to get away with it, it’s not surprising that it had an unsatisfying ending. Because they continue to get away with it…
    Thats the point I think. Well that's my take on the series. The writer is saying police corruption carries on as normal.
    The corruption continues and gets swept under the carpet no matter what anti-corruption is in place.
    The writer wants people to look at police corruption.  
    There are lots of cases throughout LOD that mirror real life, not just the Stephen Lawrence case. 
    People can't wait to show the world their outrage on social media,  I think it was 21:55 on this thread when it started...gotta tell the world 1st coz I'm so important and my opinion needs to be heard 1st. 
    It's a TV show.
    Police corruption is real unfortunately

This was a drama programme though. Something to relax & enjoy. BBC2 has been running a documentary over the past 3 weeks (funnily enough titled "Bent Coppers - in the line of Duty") all about police corruption in the 70's & 80's. If you want to know about "real life" crime watch that. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    One thing I hate about all the final episodes of LOD is the "where are they now" bits....as if it's a real life crime programme. Tonight's took the biscuit with Jo, her dog & partner. They go skipping off into the AUTUMNAL sunset (lovely red & brown leaves everywhere) when we know that the investigation into Gail Vella's murder was only started in mid October 2020 & Hastings got his retirement papers about a month later (date on letter). God knows how long it took to wrap everything up, get Jo into WP and for her to find a new gf.......but it certainly wasn't before November !! 

So if you are going to wrap everything up with a lovely bow at least make it credible.

(Continuity is one of my bugbears... )
  • Options
    The build up to the interview with Buckles was like something they’d do for Comic Relief, with the big reveal being Mr Blobby or something shit like that in chair opposite. So much filler stuff, characters staring etc,

The series still had a cracking couple of episodes that literally had the whole country talking about, and very few programmes get to that level. But that was a really poor season decider. Poor content and poorly shot. 
    How many times did Hastings say “Great work  you two?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One thing I hate about all the final episodes of LOD is the "where are they now" bits....as if it's a real life crime programme. Tonight's took the biscuit with Jo, her dog & partner. They go skipping off into the AUTUMNAL sunset (lovely red & brown leaves everywhere) when we know that the investigation into Gail Vella's murder was only started in mid October 2020 & Hastings got his retirement papers about a month later (date on letter). God knows how long it took to wrap everything up, get Jo into WP and for her to find a new gf.......but it certainly wasn't before November !! 

So if you are going to wrap everything up with a lovely bow at least make it credible.

It could have been in the southern hemisphere
  • Options
    Never had curbs down as ‘H’
  • Options

Could have been nearly a year later - she had time to meet the ginger Kate-replacement, I doubt that's part of the witness protection package.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the season as a whole and the conclusion made sense to me. I take it for what it is - one hour of entertainment.
    I'm sure if the writer had known that a small BBC 2 series would become a BBC1 megahit he might have saved the best twists for later seasons. As it is he has used most of them up. 
  • Options
    Never had curbs down as ‘H’
    16-1
  • Options
    It was ok, rather than the usual brilliant - but I'll still be very pleased to see another series.
  • Options

Could have been nearly a year later - she had time to meet the ginger Kate-replacement, I doubt that's part of the witness protection package.
    It can't be a year later if the Investigation started in October 2020 & we have just entered May 2021. Do keep up fella. 
  • Options
    Think it is a clever ending, it leaves the viewers demanding a "proper ending", meaning that if the BBC don't pick it up a 7th series someone else will.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Still wouldn't work timeline wise. Also it was known she loved Scotland & wanted to go back there. 
  • Options
    I said when I bumped the thread for this series, that I hope they resolve the H/Fourth man situation and then come back for one more series with a cracking stand alone story to finish things off. 

Deserves a better ending 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

Still wouldn't work timeline wise. Also it was known she loved Scotland & wanted to go back there. 
    I would assume it was a year later.
  • Options
    For those of you for whom this was your first series, you should have seen it when it was good.
  • Options
    The reveal that Buckles was a key coordinator for the OCG is like finding out that Graham Norton has been pulling the strings for Al Qaeda for the past 20 years.
    What, you mean he hasn't?  Then that's another thing QAnon have got wrong.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    bobmunro said:
    Underwhelmed.
    But there is more to come.
    Series six was produced by WPLOD6 Ltd. Series five by WPLOD5 Ltd. 

There is no WPLOD7 Ltd on Companies House...
    You'd have thought he'd have moved on from WordPerfect by now.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Her well known love of Scotland would be a very good reason for her to settle as far from Scotland as possible. 

Maybe her new partner is a Kiwi.
  • Options
    Love a good lick from Fleming
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    cfgs said:
    Chizz said:

I would assume it was a year later.
    How can it be a year later. We are only 6 months past the time when the investigation started. If you want to film stuff as "real time"  by showing actual dates then you have to at least keep to the notion that your viewers are watching now, ie May 2021.