Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Line of Duty

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    MrLargo said:
    Thirwell isn’t dead he was one of the armed police
    I can't imagine they'd get a high profile actor like James Nesbitt involved and then only use a couple of photographs of him without a proper appearance.
    I think Nesbitt was jokey moaning about not being in LOD in an interview when Bloodlands was released, so maybe just using his face was JM’s jokey comeback.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    I've watched every episode of this series twice (I'll watch tonight's again in the next couple of days).

I am enjoying it, but less so than the previous series. It's much more difficult to follow, and seems like it's been written to appeal to all those obsessives that hunt down the subliminal clues like a letter "H" disguised in the kitchen tiles. 
    Must admit I still think it's good, but it peaked about Series 3 ("urgent exit required" etc).
  • Options
    I don't think he was the police guy but I still think he's alive and will be the ultimate big bad, probably next series. 
  • Options
    I don't think he was the police guy but I still think he's alive and will be the ultimate big bad, probably next series. 
    Surely has to be someone still within the force though? Someone would have to alerted him that AC12 were looking into him (admittedly could be one lower down the chain). But still think the big bad will be one of Carmichael, Osborn or Wise. I think Jo Davidson was told Thurwell was her dad.
  • Options
    Surely has to be someone still within the force though? Someone would have to alerted him that AC12 were looking into him (admittedly could be one lower down the chain). But still think the big bad will be one of Carmichael, Osborn or Wise. I think Jo Davidson was told Thurwell was her dad.
    I agree with that.

Maybe they'll catch someone like Osborne next week and then Thirwell will be series 7.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    I've watched every episode of this series twice (I'll watch tonight's again in the next couple of days).

I am enjoying it, but less so than the previous series. It's much more difficult to follow, and seems like it's been written to appeal to all those obsessives that hunt down the subliminal clues like a letter "H" disguised in the kitchen tiles. 
    A lot of work goes into adding all those sorts of clues into the show for the 'at home detective' viewer.
    Things that would be missed by those just watching the show but bits that will be discussed for days and sometimes weeks on social media by those more obsessed.

The majority of them lead nowhere and aren't even mentioned on the show again. But instead the objective of those clues is purely to create discussion.

Things like the H in the kitchen tile, perhaps the Carmichael - race claim = h.

All very clever. And 99% of it just to get us talking.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Looked very much like the Spanish lead special forces bloke. 

It’s getting tiresome now. Is next week the final episode or they going to string it out for more series?

• Options
    Anyone else enjoy the fact that they had CCTV in the prison to protect Jo Davidson when they haven't bothered for anyone else in similar situations for 5 and a half bloody series?!
  • Options
    During the interview with Davidson, Carmicheal was tapping her pen on the table, it was Morse code for H !!!!!!
  • Options
    Dont think carmichael is bent - its too obvious. I think she thinks hastings is bent and thinks him trying to move conversation towards H is simply him deflecting away from himself. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I do enjoy it but hope that this is the final series
  • Options
    me too .. thing is it's so, popular and such a money spinner (for BBC and ITV World Productions) that the Golden Goose will be allowed to continue laying them there eggs
  • Options
    Yeah as much as I love it I feel the same. I wouldn't be against another series or even multiple series as long as this whole storyline closes on Sunday. That's not going to happen so I do hope it comes to a close. 
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Ged Mercurio has said there is another series.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:
    During the interview with Davidson, Carmicheal was tapping her pen on the table, it was Morse code for H !!!!!!
    I'm still astonished that anyone knows Morse Code. I learnt it for my DofE 40 years ago but had forgotten most of it a few years later. I very much doubt a DCI would know the first thing about it, let alone be able to pick up what was being signaled when in that situation. 
  • Options
    Heavy weekend so I was in and out of consciousness during the episode so may have missed it, but why are they lying about who killed Pilkington? Am I being really stupid?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    smiffyboy said:
    I'm still astonished that anyone knows Morse Code. I learnt it for my DofE 40 years ago but had forgotten most of it a few years later. I very much doubt a DCI would know the first thing about it, let alone be able to pick up what was being signaled when in that situation. 
    H is dot dot dot dot .. could be a reference to the late D I Dot Cottan ? ((:>)
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:
    Just clever by Jed to get people talking IMO. There is no H, the four dots by Cottan was because there are four people, not because it was H. There has been something pointing towards a H in each episode, the kitchen tiles, the H in graffiti when Ted meets Kate and now this. All just playing with the viewer for me. 
  • Options
    I love Line of Duty but I hope they don't jump the shark with it just to go after viewing figures. There isn't a great deal more road they can go down with the storylines so I'd want them to wrap it up in 1 more season (can't see them doing it this one) so it can end as a great show rather than being one people remember for going on too long.
  • Options
    I think the current story arc around 'H' or the 4th man will be wrapped up this week and any new series would be a completely new story.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the current story arc around 'H' or the 4th man will be wrapped up this week and any new series would be a completely new story.
    I'd be up for that to be honest. I think Jed is a good writer and the series still has potential. But after 6 series this storyline has to finish. 
  • Options
    H is Carmichael.

'Look further than the RACE CLAIM' - take 'Race Claim' from Carmichael and you get.......... H!
  • Options
    There's a lot to clear up in one episode next week, such as who's H, Steve missing his drug test & Hastings and the £50K, feels like another series.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    H is Carmichael.

'Look further than the RACE CLAIM' - take 'Race Claim' from Carmichael and you get.......... H!
    Ah, but an anagram of Carmichael is 'acclaim her'. Will she get all the glory and not Ted?
  • Options
    There's a lot to clear up in one episode next week, such as who's H, Steve missing his drug test & Hastings and the £50K, feels like another series.
    Or if the show is finished, ac-12 get disbanded but we find out who H is... and that he gets away with it. 
  • Options
    I do hope this doesn't end up going down the road that Game of Thrones went trying to shoehorn everything in at the end. Line of Duty does not deserve that ignominy.
  • Options
    It's difficult to gauge. Mecurio wants to do another series but it hasn't been commissioned yet. So I suppose it depends on what he thinks the chances are/were of getting series 7 (or more) - if he thinks it's unlikely then I can see an end to the storyline with maybe Hastings either banged up or he goes into retirement in a blaze of glory having identified the main (fourth) man/woman! But if Mecurio thinks another series is definitely on the cards then it could finish next week with yet another BIG cliff hanger.

• Options
    I do hope this doesn't end up going down the road that Game of Thrones went trying to shoehorn everything in at the end. Line of Duty does not deserve that ignominy.
    neither did Game of Thrones, but Weiss & Benioff were allegedly paid a bonus to wrap it before it went stale, instead they made it spoil quicker...

Hope the same never happens again to any TV show. 
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Heavy weekend so I was in and out of consciousness during the episode so may have missed it, but why are they lying about who killed Pilkington? Am I being really stupid?
    I had the same question. Surely you’re allowed to shoot someone if they’re pointing a gun at you?
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    I had the same question. Surely you’re allowed to shoot someone if they’re pointing a gun at you?
    My guess was her only way out was to say she shot him and therefore gets out of the police and into Jail.