Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Line of Duty

Comments

• Options
    Shame. In a finale, we learnt absolutely nothing new. 
  • Options
    Jed Mercurio is doing an interview on the BBC Sounds podcast for LOD which comes out tomorrow, so sure you’ll hear more then 
  • Options
    In fact it’s already available 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09gftky
  • Options
    That was absolutely shocking.... when’s the new series on?
  • Options
    That was absolutely shocking.... when’s the new series on?
    They’re usually every couple of years.

Agree that the ending was a bit flat. The episode didn’t have any real drama.
  • Options
    So 'H" was none other than Benny from crossroads!
    A character of such non entity proportions that I cannot remember ever seeing him in any of the other series
  • Options
    Jo never said the name of her ‘so called father’ did she?
    If not why did she get witness protection?
    Yes, Fairbank
  • Options
    Jed Mercurio is too good of a writer. This is definitely not the end of this story. 
     On what basis is he a good writer?

A story with more holes in it than a pack of polos. Souless characters. Rushed storylines that make little sense. Poor attention to detail.... I could go on.

I have never understood the hyperbole that follows this turkey of a series around.
    Dont go on, that's enough shit chatted. 
  • Options
    did nobody think to tell the makers that this was the last one of the series so they could film some sort of an ending? really disappointing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jed Mercurio is too good of a writer. This is definitely not the end of this story. 

A story with more holes in it than a pack of polos. Souless characters. Rushed storylines that make little sense. Poor attention to detail.... I could go on.

I have never understood the hyperbole that follows this turkey of a series around.
    Dont go on, that's enough shit chatted
    If you've just watched another hour of it I can understand that sentiment
  • Options
    Still feel the whole H story line should have been wrapped up at the end of the previous series. Feels like it's been dragged out for another whole series for no real reason after that finale. 
  • Options
    For a series which has railed against liars being promoted to our highest offices, and their ability to get away with it, it’s not surprising that it had an unsatisfying ending. Because they continue to get away with it…
  • Options

Genuine question, if it's been shit since series 2 why have you wasted over 24 hours of your life on it? 
     I have absolutely no idea. 
    Funny enough, my wife normally asks me a similar question when I get back from the Valley.
  • Options
    I did enjoy Hastings criticism of Buckles' corruption/incompetence, more than a nod towards Boris I would say! 
  • Options

Genuine question, if it's been shit since series 2 why have you wasted over 24 hours of your life on it? 
     I have absolutely no idea. 
    Funny enough, my wife normally asks me a similar question when I get back from the Valley.
    Nowhere near the same thing. Fair enough both have ended in disappointment this weekend mind. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    clb74 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    There is no way that's the end of it.  If Buckles is H, or the 4th man, I am a 20 goal a season striker. 
    Are you available next season?
    Only if I can play with my mate Omar :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same as everyone else......wtf was that  ?

Very poor episode & no way is Buckles the 4th man. JM must have something on the Director General as I cant see any other reason why they would let such a shit ending go out. 
  • Options
    Maybe the twist is the shit ending
  • Options
    For a series which has railed against liars being promoted to our highest offices, and their ability to get away with it, it’s not surprising that it had an unsatisfying ending. Because they continue to get away with it…
    Thats the point I think. Well that's my take on the series. The writer is saying police corruption carries on as normal.
    The corruption continues and gets swept under the carpet no matter what anti-corruption is in place.
    The writer wants people to look at police corruption.  
    There are lots of cases throughout LOD that mirror real life, not just the Stephen Lawrence case. 
    People can't wait to show the world their outrage on social media,  I think it was 21:55 on this thread when it started...gotta tell the world 1st coz I'm so important and my opinion needs to be heard 1st. 
    It's a TV show.
    Police corruption is real unfortunately

I don’t really want it that deep from a Sunday night tv show. Just a decent ending would be fine.
  • Options
    Thats the point I think. Well that's my take on the series. The writer is saying police corruption carries on as normal.
    The corruption continues and gets swept under the carpet no matter what anti-corruption is in place.
    There are lots of cases throughout LOD that mirror real life, not just the Stephen Lawrence case. 
    People can't wait to show the world their outrage on social media,  I think it was 21:55 on this thread when it started...gotta tell the world 1st coz I'm so important and my opinion needs to be heard 1st. 
    It's a TV show.

I don’t really want it that deep from a Sunday night tv show. Just a decent ending would be fine.
    Listen to Jeds interviews over the years. He wants people to look into cases.
    It's deep I know and the ending didn't have the big chase or shootout people wanted but I liked how it turned out to be another one that not many guessed. Im Probably in the minority though that are satisfied 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    It's a TV show.

Listen to Jeds interviews over the years. He wants people to look into cases.
    It's deep I know and the ending didn't have the big chase or shootout people wanted but I liked how it turned out to be another one that not many guessed. Im Probably in the minority though that are satisfied 
    I don't disagree that's what Jed wants and dropping in the real cases shows that. But he could still have done the shootout/big chase etc, because he has done that throughout and that's what got people gripped. I just think he got the ending wrong because its completely unsatisfied the majority.