Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Line of Duty

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:
    MrOneLung said:
    J BLOCK said:
    PWR. My 2cents conspiracy theory is that the Lisa McQueen is clearly not "one of the them" (OCG), but she's not Old bill either. Based on tonights episode, that touches upon Season 1 with Jackies body still in the freezer, I think this is the big link. Lisa McQueen is Tony Gates' daughter from S1 who has infiltrated the group looking for revenge. 
    I like this idea a lot. 
    Me too but I would suggest she is far too old to be either one of his daughters. 
    Tony Gates had two daughters (Natalie and Chloe) by his marriage to Jools.  Natalie and Chloe were at primary school during series one (2012), meaning they were born around 2004-6, so they would be in their teens now.  

But Tony Gates and Jackie Laverty had an affair many years before Tony Gates married.  Jackie Laverty and Tony Gates were engaged in the 1990s.  Lisa McQueen was born in 1990 and put into social care.  It's entirely possible that Lisa McQueen's parents were Tony Gates and Jackie Laverty. Or that Jackie Laverty had Lisa McQueen before she first met Tony Gates, through a liaison with someone called McQueen. 

Also, it's worth noting that Jackie Laverty's maiden name was O'Connor, perhaps there is a Nothern Irish connection still to be explored. 
    Good points. Guess that’s plausible and would be a decent twist. There was definitely a nod to series 1 last night and am expecting something to crop up. 
  • Options
    Don't anyone hold their breath expecting answers and conclusions anytime soon as series 6 has already been commissioned and Adrian Dunbar would not rule out series 7 in a recent interview. 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Don't anyone hold their breath expecting answers and conclusions anytime soon as series 6 has already been commissioned and Adrian Dunbar would not rule out series 7 in a recent interview. 
    I'd like them to tie quite a few things up this series. As good as it is, it needs to have some answers rather than continuous questions. 
  • Options
    A 6th or even a 7th series doesn’t mean they can’t finish up storylines.
    Unlikely to put people off watching future series.

i think H is resolved this year
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I KNEW it!  All along.  KNEW it. 

Turns out Hastings is originally from Northern Ireland...
    Now listen fella, Ted is a good guy.
    Mother of Mary, he's just shite with money.

• Options
    Chizz said:
    I KNEW it!  All along.  KNEW it. 

Turns out Hastings is originally from Northern Ireland...
    Now listen fella, Ted is a good guy.
    Mother of Mary, he's just shite with money.

• Options
    Hour and a half next week
  • Options
    Can’t see how Ted will get out of this. They have him banged to rights!
    although there was a prison guard present when he visited Lee Banks. Perhaps he can verify Teds version of events 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    H is not Ted. Big twist to come next week. 
  • Options
    I have nothing to add to this conversation. 
  • Options
    Even @Covered End is baffled! 
  • Options
    Confused. Now I'll have to binge watch the first series this week to try and figure out what went on!
  • Options
    My two pence worth.... Ted too canny to be making all those school boy errors. Reckon he’s going deep undercover to get H. McQueen is a cop and will be working with him. Gill is well dodgy!

Also thought Anna Maxwell Martin’s performance was brilliantly fun this last episode.
  • Options
    Perfectly set up next week.
    Hastings ruled out as H.
    Still expecting big twist with Lisa, everyone seems to think she’s a cop. Could be something else.
  • Options
    H is defo definitely Ted, he’ll get out of it next week.

Im more confident in my theory that Lisa McQueen is the child of Jackie and Tony and she’s infiltrated the OCG to find H and get revenge on the death of her parents. 
  • Options
    H is not Ted. Big twist to come next week. 
    The twist will be if Hastings actually is H.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hastings being set up either by Gill or by the Asian guy whose meant to be anti corruption but probably the most corrupt of the lot.
  • Options
    Hastings being set up either by Gill or by the Asian guy whose meant to be anti corruption but probably the most corrupt of the lot.
    You mean Harinder?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    H is defo definitely definately Ted, he’ll get out of it next week.

Im more confident in my theory that Lisa McQueen is the child of Jackie and Tony and she’s infiltrated the OCG to find H and get revenge on the death of her parents. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Saw last night's episode was directed by 'Sue' Tully. I've rewatched the entire four series again, and I have to say last night's was the poorest episode in all five series. Even beats the Looney Tunes Kate and Dot chase at the end of series three. Hastings acting completely out of character with all that nightclub, OCG business. The sort of thing Arnott would've done in earlier series, but Ted? 

EDIT: That is I rewatched the four previous series.
  • Options
    I think Gill is H. That is why she always types on the chat and never speaks. Its got to be a woman. 

It would be too easy for Ted to be H. 

An alternative is for Ted to get off and then in the final credits reveal he is H. 

Anyway, enjoying it so far 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Superb cameo from Anna Maxwell Martin as Deputy super Carmichael. For those of us in team Ted it was a hard watch but good craic at the same time.
    These Amazonian high flyers are kicking our Enniskillen Edward when his, mother of Jesus, Peter, Paul and Mary pleas are falling on death ears.

Line of Duty is the best Drama with comic overtones ever made. Not letting Steve Arnott rise to the occasion was cruel but to be expected when the average Joe wouldn't be walking let alone shagging after ending up in the stairwell.

Lisa McQueen is out for revenge because of the connection with Tony Gates (Lennie James) from series 1. So she isn't undercover or OCG ma Baker but the daughter who wants justice.

Ted's pillow talk with Gill Biggeloe must make Polly Walker Favourite for H (horny ?)
    But we may find that just like the SOC there may be an impasse and we wait till the next series to find out.

Ted is innocent OK.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    I think Gill is H. That is why she always types on the chat and never speaks. Its got to be a woman. 

An alternative is for Ted to get off and then in the final credits reveal he is H. 

Agree that Gill is H. Where does Lisa McQueen fit in as Tony Gates' daughter there though?
  • Options
    robroy said:

Agree that Gill is H. Where does Lisa McQueen fit in as Tony Gates' daughter there though?
    Not sure mate. That was another poster
  • Options
    robroy said:

One theory is that she is Tony and Jackies daughter. Plausible but I wouldn’t like that personally. 
  • Options
    robroy said:

One theory is that she is Tony and Jackies daughter. Plausible but I wouldn’t like that personally. 
    Gates had two privately educated daughters. The oldest one was the one doing the piano recital at school. Unless she's had an unbelievably hard life after her dad died, I can't personally see Lisa being Gates' daughter.