Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Line of Duty

Comments

• Options
    Most people I know noticed that. 

Cue Hastings being seen spelling the word the same in next episode 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Worst series yet. Will still watch it through.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Never had to pause and discuss (rewind) so many times. Stephen Graham’s scouse mumbling doesn’t help 
    Joey Barton would have made a much better OCU leader as he's a right CU$$$T
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    So let me get this right.
    We've got an armed organised gang running about , not any old gang but one in the 2 previous raids have opened fire and on one of the raids killed was it 3 serving police officers. 
    Now there's about 8 in this gang and theve now acquired semi automatic weapons from the previous heist.
    The police have received info another jobs on.
    Now this is a police force that will turn up with at least a dozen officers to a dawn raid for a suspected drug pusher or someone whose let a flare off at a football match.
    This police force hasn't got enough armed officers on the scene to deal with a diversion.
    Blimey half the British police force, the army and if there was a bit of water within a 100 miles the navy would be involved in taking this gang out.
    Hate to break it to you but it's a drama not a reality show.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I've finally got my head around this concept after mistakingly thinking it was a cutting edge drama with a close allign to reality.

It's tosh. But quite enjoyable tosh.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    So let me get this right.
    We've got an armed organised gang running about , not any old gang but one in the 2 previous raids have opened fire and on one of the raids killed was it 3 serving police officers. 
    Now there's about 8 in this gang and theve now acquired semi automatic weapons from the previous heist.
    The police have received info another jobs on.
    Now this is a police force that will turn up with at least a dozen officers to a dawn raid for a suspected drug pusher or someone whose let a flare off at a football match.
    This police force hasn't got enough armed officers on the scene to deal with a diversion.
    Blimey half the British police force, the army and if there was a bit of water within a 100 miles the navy would be involved in taking this gang out.
    Not if the top cops are bent, which is actually what the whole 5 series are about. 
  • Options
    I still think H is a collective rather than one bent copper.
  • Options
    I think this H thing is smoke and mirrors. Someone smart enough to run this massive criminal ring is not going to be stupid enough to use the initial of their real name.

• Options
    Wasn't it originally 'H' because that's all Dot could get out before he died?
    He was trying to spell it out no?

Why would other criminals etc know him as H?

Unless I've forgotten something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As he is just about everything right now I’d like to put forward H arry Redknapp.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

When Steve and Fleming spoke to the black female sgt outside in series 4, or maybe the first episode of series 5 (she was vaping), she said they knew the head of all criminal activity as 'H'. She wouldn't have known what Dot whispered.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I still think H is a collective rather than one bent copper.
    Just like balaclava man.
  • Options

When Steve and Fleming spoke to the black female sgt outside in series 4, or maybe the first episode of series 5 (she was vaping), she said they knew the head of all criminal activity as 'H'. She wouldn't have known what Dot whispered.
    Thanks.
    Exactly. And Corbett has said H too.
    The originally belief seemed to be that Dot was trying to spell a name. Everything else suggests H is just a code name. 
  • Options

Cottan died as he was trying to answer the question as to who the bent copper is.  His dying statement only got as far as "H".  What he was trying to say was: 

"H-h-h-h-have forgotten the bloke's name.  Sorry". 
  • Options
    I think H is Corbett because that's his middle initial. It's a family thing to pass the initial down. His Dad was Jonathan H Corbett and his Grandad was Harry H Corbett.

I'm embarrassed enough to say that you will have to be of a certain age to appreciate the connection between the lot of them which is probably why most on here have failed to work it all out.
  • Options
    I think Steve's ex, the copper, is going to be somehow involved. Something about her.
  • Options
    I think H is Corbett because that's his middle initial. It's a family thing to pass the initial down. His Dad was Jonathan H Corbett and his Grandad was Harry H Corbett.

I'm embarrassed enough to say that you will have to be of a certain age to appreciate the connection between the lot of them which is probably why most on here have failed to work it all out.
    So, they all had a hand in it?
    More second hand stuff collected by a family of rag and bone men than puppeteers.  
  • Options

I hope they don’t sweep it all under the carpet 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Super Ted was H, and benefitting from crime couldn't he stay at a hotel where the khazi flushes.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Somebody will Sue if that happens. FFS!
  • Options

Somebody will Sue if that happens. FFS!

We best leave the other one.....
  • Options
    Well I wasn’t expecting that. 
  • Options
    Guessed he wouldn't last the series though a bit sudden! And said ages ago she was probably also undercover.
  • Options
    They made a point of Hastings saying his wife was attacked at the same time he was will Gill, perhaps she’s involved too.
  • Options
    I reckon she is H.
  • Options
    They made a point of Hastings saying his wife was attacked at the same time he was will Gill, perhaps she’s involved too.
    Called this before, think her return is more than coincidental alongside the money he has received. Thought tonight's episode was superb pretty much throughout, definitely the best in the series. 
  • Options
    Yeah we think Gill is H too. Still wasn’t expecting that though.