Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England V South Africa 2012

124»

Comments

• Options
    Bell gone, will be over before tea, it is the hope that kills ya.
  • Options
    45 overs left in the day. Need to bat for 30-35 of those whilst scoring runs.
  • Options
    Dogged from Bell tho. Fair play to him. Over before Tea by an innings!
  • Options
    210-8. Broad for 0.
  • Options
    All over now
  • Options
    18 needed to make them bat again. 1wicket remaining.
  • Options
    One keeps low to Anderson. All out for 240.

SA win by an innings and 12.
  • Options
    All over.

Lost by an innings and 12 runs.
  • Options
    We were on course for a big score of 550 in the first innings but it slipped away. That would killed off the risk of defeat. 385 just wasnt enough. We will need to come back strongly as South Africa has a very good side.
  • Options
    Ouch...bit of a hammering for our lads.

We were too complacent after day one or the South Africans just too good?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ouch...bit of a hammering for our lads.

We were too complacent after day one or the South Africans just too good?

too complacent because that 385 was a minimum of 100 short and gave SA a big confident boost. They bossed the morning session of day 2 and then just continued improving. If we had scored 500 in the first innings they wouldn't have scored 600+ for just 2 and the game would have been a draw.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I think we thought it was too easy & became complacent. We were 251-2 & should have been heading for more than 500. If I remember correctly Pietersen gave his wicket away, Bell left one & was bowled, Bopara gave his wicket away.
    Cook was unlucky. So we went from 251-2 to 284-6 and 385 all out.

If we had scored 500, all things remaining equal, SA wouldn't have reached 600 probably until close of play last night & we wouldn't have gone in tired and sun frazzled.

Batsmen would have started fresh this morning & saved the game.

I still think the teams are evenly matched, but they applied themselves better than us.

It's not impossible for us to win the series, but it's a tall order.
  • Options
    CovEnd God analysis dude. Spot on in my opinion. This and i thought there batsman coped with the pressure bowling better, the spell swann bowled to smith saturday morning (was all over him and he grinded it out) compared to Strauss melting when in the same position on sunday! We will bounce back of that i am sure.
  • Options
    Good analysis Covered End.

The gulf between the teams is far smaller than the result suggests. When England came out to bat a second time yesterday, it was tired batsmen (who had been out in the sun fielding for 2 days) facing highly motivated bowlers who had been off the field resting for 2 days! The result wasn't a surprise, and in some ways I can understand some of the 'sloppy' shots.

That must be the easiest win bonus Jacques Rudolph will ever collect! Didn't bat or bowl, and no catches (or even dropped catches) either...
  • Options
    Poxy game , Played by the so called middle / upper class kuntlox... Certainly not for the working class Masses... On a par with that other pastime , Tennis.. Rant Over. ?
  • Options

Poxy game , Played by the so called middle / upper class kuntlox... Certainly not for the working class Masses... On a par with that other pastime , Tennis.. Rant Over. ?

right-on brother!

I don't watch telly because it aint workin class enough.
    Or fly in planes.
    Some of them doctors are middle class so I shun hospitals.

Dont get me started on bowls....

• Options

right-on brother!

I don't watch telly because it aint workin class enough.
    Or fly in planes.
    Some of them doctors are middle class so I shun hospitals.

Dont get me started on bowls....

hahahahahaha
  • Options
    Top Victory from the SA lads, very proud day for us. Looking forward to the next match in Leeds - From a South African Addick