Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters from Hell

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
Although I am really looking forward to the start of the season;I have this supporter near me who drives me nuts.Within the first five minutes he will be screaming at CP to hook BWP off.I know he is not everyones favourite but come on you would think it was Barry Endean out there(for all you guys that are to young to have seen him play,just be greatful).As I have no intention of moving I will just have to suffer him again.I suppose it gives his missus a couple hours rest.Anyone have similar experiences,please share the pain.

Comments

• Options
    I'm no prude but have a bloke near me who uses the F and C word every 5 mins! A Dad even moved his son away from 1 game and any complaining to him or the stewards does nothing!
  • Options
    I have a couple of guys that sit behind me in the East Stand and its painful to listen too. I can only assume they were both top class international players who then went on to manage at the highest level because they know it all.
  • Options
    Oh well guys.Lets hope they have started taking the happy pills!
  • Options

I have a couple of guys that sit behind me in the East Stand and its painful to listen too. I can only assume they were both top class international players who then went on to manage at the highest level because they know it all.

sounds like the two guys who sit next to golfie. What block/row are you in?

• Options
    Block D, row S Large
  • Options
    That guy in the North West quadrant at the back
  • Options

Block D, row S Large

not the same two guys then. Lot of whingers around !!

• Options
    I have a chap sits next to me who turns into Kermit the Frog whenever a Charlton player touches the ball, arms waving and wiggling all the time, elbows to the ribs perpetually, and when he gets angry.... I suppose I really say, ''Listen dad..." ;)
  • Options
    2 blokes that sit in front of me and my dad in the west are very annoying. I quote from one of them (sitting there with his arms folded looking miserable on the day we became champions) "I don't know what it is about solly I don't get it why people like him, I think he's rubbish" shocking comments from and idiot know-it-all twat!
  • Options
    We're in different seats this year, so a whole new experience.

Used to have a bloke near to me who, whenever the ball went anywhere near our penalty area, would shout "GET IT OUT! GET IT OUT!". There were another couple of guys who through thick and thin, Premiership glory days to League One, never ever did anything other than moan. You've got to wonder why they bothered.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The guy behind me found plenty to moan about last year, no one was good enough, the tactics were wrong ETC ETC ETC and we won the league, heaven help me if we are mid table or worse bottom!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I had to give in and turn around to tell the bloke behind us to stop moaning in the North Lower on the last game of the season. Relentlessly moaning about being 1-0 down and how we don't deserve to go up, and we shouldnt be called champions. Why these people bother i will never know.
  • Options
    I feel sorry for anyone who sits near my dad and his mate. throughout most games they will be talking about everything, from the players to the weather to what they got up to during the week, its as if they're two old ladies down a laundrette having a right little natter. then every now and again they get caught up into the game and start having a right go at the players before shouting "up the addicks" in a deliberately posh accent. they then go back to their conversation.
    I swear half the time they do it to wind people up.
  • Options
    Sounds like some fat git behind me who starts boooing if we go one down and we aint equalised by half time..
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    fenny said:

Sounds like some fat git behind me who starts boooing if we go one down and we aint equalised by half time..

neither are fat, and they never boo. they do however have a go at players who are having a poor game (after chatting). problem with this is that other supporters have got this way of being positive even when the players are shite. and feel that’s the only way to support. no criticism. how they can do this i don’t know. for certain players and managers we have had they must have the patience of a saint to not give em a piece of their minds.
  • Options
    I had one guy but I think he must've moved as he was quiet last season. My favourites of his inane screamss are "FORWARD!" anytime the ball moves into our half, and the golden oldie "SODJIE! SODJIE! YOU'RE SH*T!".
    God, I miss him.
  • Options
    I hope there are supporters from hell at all clubs like they say. The people that moan like saying we dont deserve to be champions etc, are just deluded fools that ruin it for themselves and annoy people around them. There is no 'heat of the moment' about it, just someone that is so single minded they love the sound of there own voice and can't accept anything other than absolute 100% perfection...even that may be a struggle...
  • Options
    There was also a guy sitting in front of me at Welling. His kids were bloody annoying. I know they're only kids but even their grandparents were trying to shut them up. Gave me a right headache.
    But anyway, at one point the guy announced we were rubbish, hardly beating Welling, and that we didn't look a championship side. I would've pointed out that it was a FRIENDLY, as well as the first football match these lads had played in months, but I figured if he had enough sense to be reasoned with he wouldn't have said those things in the first place.
    Some people are morons.
  • Options
    Let's face it, we're all absolutely mental for spending a fortune & being so passionate about grown men running around in coloured polyester clothes kicking a ball around a field....so yes, every club has it's absolute loons, fruitcakes, oddballs & numpties....& the remainder all have their own quirks!
  • Options
    Some bald bloke with "Big Vern" on the back of his shirt who sits in North Upper Block G. Comes to all games drunk and anyone who doesn't join in with his "songs" he calls a cunt. He's just generally an arsehole really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well if I see you getting tossed out the north upper onto the pitch below at the first home game I shall assume "Big Vern" posts on here :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Big Vern

• Options
    Bring back terracing...you can then always move away from the idiot near to you, for me the most annoying thing is haveing small kids right behind you, kicking your seat etc...
  • Options
    My block is as quiet as a morgue and I'm one of the few who sings/chants/shouts etc... I wonder how many people in my block hate me for being to noisy?
  • Options
    NL right of the goal, 1 bloke on his own who is not happy unless we've scored 0, we're playing shite and it's pissing down.
  • Options
    The twat that sits a few seats along from me in the north upper that just shouts at BWP even if he does something good!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    group of blokes that sat behind me in the NU giving N'Guessan stick non-stop before he headed Lee Cooks cross into the back of the net.

Wonder who they were? ;-)
  • Options
    Thread title... there's a fair few on here.
  • Options
    Tried reasoning with some nutjob who was calling Neil Harris every name under the sun once - Neil's crime? To accept the ball off of Paul Moody for a penatly in our last game of the season, with us 4-0 up and already Champions.

The bloke was going mental because Moody was on a hat-trick if he scored, and was the player brought down. I tried telling him that Moody had given Harris the ball so that Neil could win the Golden Boot for sure...alas to no avail.

I did think that's a nice way to treat our best goal scorer since Teddy Sheringham.

Also in the Cold Blow Lane end there's this bloke who is well known for calling us all c**ts etc if we dont join in his constant verbal attacks on the lino or ref. More amusing than 'from hell' though.
  • Options
    When you read all these posts it makes you realise just what a bunch of annoying wankers go to football...no one on here included though.