Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters from Hell

13»

Comments

• Options
    The bloke next to me only has 2 words in his vocabulary which are "come on" thats when the teams come out, when we are winning or losing ... or at when we score. He stinks a bit and constantly has a runny nose that he cuffs during the game :s
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I got a rollocking on here, once upon a time, for daring to criticise a few ridiculously foul mouthed fans, & some thieving fans in the North Upper.

Glad to know I'm not alone in thinking that there are still some folk who's attitudes/mindsets/behaviour, when they attend games, are questionable to say the least.
  • Options
    Stefco said:

I got a rollocking on here, once upon a time, for daring to criticise a few ridiculously foul mouthed fans, & some thieving fans in the North Upper.

What did they nick? Your Wimpy and Jackpot draw ticket?!

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I think it might have been the coat hangers off the back of the doors in the mens North Upper toilets.
    Come to think of it aren't some folk weird....why would anyone do that....I've no idea but they do?
  • Options
    Me and 3 other Greenies sit in the front row of the NW Quad! In the row behind we have a chap that is affectionately known as the moaner! He could moan for England however he is great a better moaner you will not find it is always directed at the officials and opposition! I hope he has not moved for this season! Also Big Vern is a ledge! "Vern hates Millwall" Quality!!!
  • Options
    Also the 'clappy man' in lower east block around H. Top bell
  • Options
    This bloody teenage girl always sat next to me in the West Upper, always late, knew nothing about football apart from being interested in the players legs,bottoms etc, was always getting up to go to the loo and was always eating a hot dog or crisps and slurping from a bottle of coke that had had the lid removed for some so called "security reason", resulting in her regularly knocking the said bottle over and drenching me.

Anyway she eventually left home and I no longer go to games with my daughter Emma...happy days!
  • Options

This bloody teenage girl always sat next to me in the West Upper, always late, knew nothing about football apart from being interested in the players legs,bottoms etc, was always getting up to go to the loo and was always eating a hot dog or crisps and slurping from a bottle of coke that had had the lid removed for some so called "security reason", resulting in her regularly knocking the said bottle over and drenching me.

Anyway she eventually left home and I no longer go to games with my daughter Emma...happy days!

You got me! LOL
  • Options
    I've got this wrong, haven't I?

• Options
    My wife's 36DD bra. That's a Supporter From Hell!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine being close to the twit with the bell, at Portsmouth...
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Imagine being close to the twit with the bell, at Portsmouth...

Alas, the death knell of that bell may be nigh....

• Options

group of blokes that sat behind me in the NU giving N'Guessan stick non-stop before he headed Lee Cooks cross into the back of the net.

Wonder who they were? ;-)

Probably me to be fair, where do you sit?
  • Options
    Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
  • Options
    There used to be a guy sat behind us a few years ago who would scream "Rapist!" at any opposition player he took a dislike too. Glad he was one of thse fairweather types who disappeared once we got relegated!
  • Options
    Bunny said:

Charlton have always had a reputation (well, amongst us) to be a bit of a moan and grumble lot.

Do you lot think that's fair?

Interesting that.
    Considering that we went from a stable premier league status to playing the lesser sides in England (no offence) within a very short time, I wouldn't begrudge CAFC fans the right to have a little moan up from time to time.
  • Options

group of blokes that sat behind me in the NU giving N'Guessan stick non-stop before he headed Lee Cooks cross into the back of the net.

Wonder who they were? ;-)

Probably me to be fair, where do you sit?
    got to be honest i gave N Guessan plenty of stick and every time i did, he scored NLA then gave me some stick so did others around me, had to take it on the chin .

• Options
    We have a woman who sits in front of us who spends the entire match with her head at a 90 degree angle to the pitch talking into her mates ear. Like a machine gun unloading her mind of trivial guff. Her mate doesn't even respond. I think she has a plastic ear.
  • Options
    We had the most miserable fucker ever at the Wycombe said to us at the start "Not even clapping till my boys are Champions" when Stephens went in he stayed seated and when we were all singing and swaying at the end he just stood up and walked off
  • Options
    I'm probably a supporter from hell - I do like a good swear (sorry!) and I don't like people moaning. After listening to two blokes behind me in West Upper moaning and whining for the whole of last season, I lost it on the last game and let rip at them. They shut up and loads of people around me cheered and clapped!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bunny said:

Charlton have always had a reputation (well, amongst us) to be a bit of a moan and grumble lot.
    Do you lot think that's fair?

Interesting that.
    Considering that we went from a stable premier league status to playing the lesser sides in England (no offence) within a very short time, I wouldn't begrudge CAFC fans the right to have a little moan up from time to time.
    The moaning wasn't excessive (or I was too young/ naive to hear it) from Selhurst until around 2003. There was a guy in the North Upper, a few rows back from me and dad, who used to bitch and moan about Claus Jensen. I got into a row with him as I was so tired of it, apparently he had a licence to because he went to more away games than anyone else. He's my supporter from hell. Billy Bunter-looking git.

That's when I realised we had plenty of fans who weren't happy with what we had and had perhaps forgotten what it was like to support a team who genuinely were a bit rubbish. Or to simply do what the word 'support' implies.

For me, the moaning permeated around the ground and reached a nadir about 18 months ago, and hopefully we have seen the back of the really bad days. Although I don't hold out too much hope...
  • Options
    genuinely considered not attending during the worst of it the season before last as usual grumbles had turned to vitriol which had built up to the worst atmosphere I'd ever seen amongst our fans in the 20+ years I've been a supporter. Worst was when I bumped into some bloke (with his young son) screaming at everyone down to the tea-lady to die and be sacked in equally eloquent language, and found myself right next to him on NU concourse. Lost it and told him that unless he had a chequebook and a few mill. in the bank, he should appreciate what had been done to save the club from admin. and try supporting the team. Suffice to say, I won't be getting a job at the UN on the back of that one, and nearly ended up in a punch-up with one of our own....ridiculous!!!!

All in all, doesn't tarnish the great memories of supporting Charlton, and spent last season surrounded by a great bunch in J Block and looking forward to seeing how we get on this season. COYA!!!!!