Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players that have shown the most passion for Charlton

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
Whether good or bad ability wise, who do you think has ever 'worn the shirt' with the most pride and passion throughout charlton history?

Would probably come into a few things:

1. Whether they support the club firstly as a fan.
2. Their role in the team, e.g. Captain.
3. Relationship with fans.
4. Appreciation of our history and what we stand for.
5. Work rate on the pitch.

A few names in recent history.

Dean Kiely, Chris solly, Jonnie Jackson, John Robinson, Chris Powell, Richard Rufus

Any others to add?

Comments

• Options
    Matt Holland
  • Options
    Mark Kinsella
  • Options
    Easy. Chris Powell. You can close the thread now :)
  • Options
    Radostin Kishishev
  • Options
    Mark Kinsella, Steve Brown.
  • Options
    If Solly & Jackson are in there from last season surely Yann has got to be as well. The guy looks as if he prepared to lose body parts in an attempt to score for us, that is passion
  • Options
    Chris Powell is the stand out man as a player and manager yes!
  • Options
    Scott Parker (controversial!)
  • Options
    Carlton Cole. Oh, most passion.

Steve brown
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    TEAM OF PASSION:

Kiely
    Solly Brown Rufus Powell

Kishishev Kinsella Jackson Robinson

Yann Di Canio?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paolo Di Canio vs Portsmouth 2003

Andy Reid vs Palace 2007
  • Options
    i know i go on about him quite a bit but i could see Pritchard being added to this list in a few years
  • Options
    Rob Elliott
    Bradley Pritchard
  • Options
    Keith Peacock.
  • Options
    I thought Fish and Bartlett did. Luke Young maybe...
  • Options
    Maybe not an obvious choice but i'd say Thomas Myhre, always tried to get the covered end to make noise and used to go mental when we scored, was gutted when he left
  • Options
    Darren bent to be added
  • Options
    I always thought JFH and M.Bent tried hard...... ; )
  • Options
    johnny robinson. his reaction to equaliser against man utd in 3 3 draw is something I will never forget
  • Options
    Jason euell!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jorge Costa
  • Options
    Steve Gritt
  • Options
    Simon Webster
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Been mentioned already of course but Keefy Peacock springs immediately to mind, Brian Kinsey, Bob Bolder and going even further back let's not forget dear old Stuart Leary, Eddie Firmani and Derek Ufton.
    More recently you can add Eddie Youds, Harry Gregory and in his own funny way, Killer!
  • Options
    Radzinsky said:

Maybe not an obvious choice but i'd say Thomas Myhre, always tried to get the covered end to make noise and used to go mental when we scored, was gutted when he left

Good call. See, when Dowie joined, I had no idea we had a goalkeeping crisis, what with us having excellent keepers in Myhre and Andersson. So he brings in Carson on loan, knowing all along that he'd go back to Liverpool at the end of the season, and puts him straight in the team, thereby immediately alienating Mhrye and Andersson. They both ultimately thought, 'Sod this,' and left the club. Then, before you know it, we're signing Nicky bloody Weaver...

• Options

johnny robinson. his reaction to equaliser against man utd in 3 3 draw is something I will never forget

haha he went completely ape. Definitley John Robinson for me too
  • Options
    Stevie Gritt
  • Options
    Mark Kinsella, Steve Brown, Richard Rufus, Dean Kiely, John Robinson, Yann Kermorgant, Chris Solly, Chris Powell, Rob Elliott. To name but a few.