Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crawley Away 1/8/12 (1-0 FT, Green)

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
Local game so going to pop down for the match. Anyone going to this friendly and anyone been to this ground before ?

Comments

• Options
    haven't been to the ground, but i have driven past it a few times - which doesn't help because unless you see the sign and the big blow up football on the roundabout, you wouldn't know it's there.
  • Options
    Stebo said:

haven't been to the ground, but i have driven past it a few times - which doesn't help because unless you see the sign and the big blow up football on the roundabout, you wouldn't know it's there.

In the old days you could see the floodlights plyons.
  • Options
    Been past it many times. Just never been in the ground. Didn't go 2 years back when we played them. Gonna go down this time. Not a big fan of going to friendlys usually
  • Options
    I've been there a few times as it is not too far from me. It's a tight little ground which now has a seated area down both of the sides of the pitch - until February, it was open on one side. The away end looks a bit uncomfortable. It is standing only behind both goals, I think. There is a decentish bar behind the home supporters goal at the furthest end of the ground as you arrive from the big roundabout. They seem to be OK with home and away supporters in there, although that may change for the mighty Charlton.

A friendly crowd unless you sit next to the foul mouthed wotsit who plays for Crawley Ladies (that's no lady....).

Not many pubs nearby as far as I can see.
  • Options
    I can walk to the ground but am working nights so unfortunately wont be able to make it
  • Options
    25th wedding anniversary that day so reckon I will have to miss the game. Shame as its not a million miles away.
  • Options
    I'm in.
  • Options

I can walk to the ground but am working nights so unfortunately wont be able to make it

I got you a ticket!

I'll be there with about 7/8 others, bit of a walk tho!

• Options
    I will probably be there. I'm in Horsham so it's a 10 minute drive. I'll park at k2
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I will probably be there. I'm in Horsham so it's a 10 minute drive. I'll park at k2

K2 - is that the mountain or your seat number?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

They won't let you park at K2 mate, if you turn left at roundabout and left again you can park along brighton road if you're early enough
  • Options
    What stand we in? can we buy tickets on the night?
  • Options
    i got tickets for Darts v The Arse on the same night
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

They won't let you park at K2 mate, if you turn left at roundabout and left again you can park along brighton road if you're early enough
    Damn it, I always used to park there.
  • Options
    I got tickets in away section in east stand tent thing
  • Options
    uie2 said:

I got tickets in away section in east stand tent thing

How can you get away end tickets in advance? Are they available online?

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Damn it, I always used to park there.

You could do a right ( coming from horsham) before you get to cheals roundabout into broadfield, straight across first roundabout and left at the next one and park the other side of the stadium
  • Options
    Dazzler, if you see 4 or 5 of us standing with two youngsters with pink mohicans (Don't ask!) come and say hello!
  • Options
    You and Steve have pink mohicans?
  • Options
    Me & my Spud supporting fella are going. His idea but alas I do have to go to the Southend vs Spuds youngsters friendly. At least Parker won't be playing, not sure I could keep my mouth shut, still bitter. He's says I'm not allowed to sit in the home end being my local club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will do. What time is KO? They still have their last fixture up as their next from the 27th.
  • Options

You and Steve have pink mohicans?

ha ha Mr D, you working or you drinking? Not sure what time Dazzler, I'm assuming 7.45 but I'll be there from about 4ish!
  • Options
    BBC says 7.45
  • Options
    At the moment drinking
  • Options
    good enough
  • Options
    Tickets are available on the day right?
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

this is what I’m hoping. i know that they have had an online ticketing system in place for this, but as I’m still not sure whether I’ll definitely be going i was planning on turning up at the ground last minute and get in.
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

I can't make it this time, but they definitely did when we played them 3(?) years ago.