Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game Vs Gills this Saturday (4th Aug.) - Many going??

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
Not sure if Airman B has the info, but hoping for a decent turn-out against our kindly cousins from Kent! First pre-season game I've been able to make this year and whilst there may not be the raft of new faces some are after, based on reports from others am looking forward to seeing Bover, Smith and Cook as well as how last season's regulars are shaping up (has Yann shed a few pounds yet??). Are many Lifers kent-bound???

Comments

• Options
    You cannot beat a Kent derby game
  • Options
    I am going, getting my ticket on the day
  • Options
    Yep, me and my dad are going!
  • Options
    Yep, big group of us going.
  • Options
    Me and Dad are going, looking forward to putting one over them.
  • Options
    got a completely free weekend with the missus and daughter away, completely forgot this was on....might have to look into it now!
  • Options
    nope can't make it. Taking 40 family/friends out for lunch to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

You cannot beat a Kent derby game

Ssshhh, you can't say that...when we played them in the league the season before last there were some Lifers who almost burst a blood vessel at the suggestion that it was a Kent derby!

It got very heated with 'maybe it's because I'm a Londoner' posts , cockney rhyming slang, cor blimey guv, pearly kings and queens, jellied eels, 'I went to Kent on me 'olidays once when I was a kid and it was 'orrible cos the busses weren't even red they was green' ...

I think someone then suggested we might call it the 'A2 derby', but they didn't like that much, either, as the A2 is apparently the gateway to Pikey-land and SE7 faces the other way. Or something like that.

But secretly I agree with you. You cannot beat a good wind-up Kent derby game!
  • Options
    nope can't make it. Taking 40 family/friends out for lunch to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
    Aw ! Have a lovely day, Large !

And sorry we couldn't make it....
  • Options
    Need to make up for that bore draw last time they came to the Valley the season before last. @incorruptible addick: I think the "Network South-Eastern Greenwich Line Derby" has a better ring to it!?!?!?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Congrats Large.

• Options
    Rip off imo. £15.00 for a pre season friendly? £15.00 to sit in that ridiculous open golf stand.

Nah.
  • Options
    Do the raise the price of the match ticket if you buy it on the day?
  • Options
    Davey said:

Need to make up for that bore draw last time they came to the Valley the season before last. @incorruptible addick: I think the "Network South-Eastern Greenwich Line Derby" has a better ring to it!?!?!?!

I believe it is Woolwich Arsenal, just to include the Gooners in it!

• Options
    Do they still owe us money from the pre-season friendly a few years back?
  • Options

Congrats!!
  • Options
    thanks Brenda, Suzi and Fanny for your congrats. Fanny, your invite must have got lost it the post. Frankly, we were disgusted you couldn't even be bothered to reply ;-))
  • Options
    thanks Brenda, Suzi and Fanny for your congrats. Fanny, your invite must have got lost it the post. Frankly, we were disgusted you couldn't even be bothered to reply ;-))
    Lol, Large !
  • Options
    I'll be there Large don't worry.

Is it ok if I bring my missus Daniella?
  • Options
    Congrats Large!

I won't be at the match due to my niece getting married in Cornwall. At least she's avoided the start of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rip off imo. £15.00 for a pre season friendly? £15.00 to sit in that ridiculous open golf stand.

Nah.

This
    would not line the tossers pockets at that price
  • Options
    Planning on going. Can you buy on the day?
  • Options
    I was thinking of taking a load of printed leaflets and handing them out in the home stands that basically say...

"The Jills are shit, Scally is a Knob, please stop supporting the racist twat Jills, we have arranged totally free transport to the Valley that will pick you up and drop you back on your very doorstep, with a free blow job from Rachael Riley off of Countdown to the 1st ten on bus, plus a £50 note to anyone who sings, maybe it's because i'm a Londoner whilst pissing on a photo of the patron saint of Kent, St Gyppo..."

Because that's basically what we did the last time we were down there according to Scally, was it not ?

• Options
    £15 !!! I can't believe the man has the nerve !
  • Options
    All Should Boycott the game purely for the over pricing
  • Options
    I was thinking of going..but £15!! Penfold can do one!!
  • Options
    now I know it's £15 I think I'll knock that one on the head
  • Options
    hows about we all go to gillingham but spend the game in the pub instead of putting money in scallies pocket?
  • Options
    hows about we all go to gillingham but spend the game in the pub instead of putting money in scallies pocket?
    Nah i was in Gillingham Saturday just gone, the state of the people in them pubs was unreal,even made the regular pub gooers of Woolwich look normal now that is a hard thing to do.
  • Options
    Who in their right mind would want to spend a day in Gillingham