Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton have an updated/new O/S

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

"I'm far too cool and ITK to look at the official site"

Ha, I right get your back up, don't I :-)
  • Options
    No Dopey
  • Options
    Oooooh - I like that tbh. Simple and crisp
  • Options
    I don't like the fact theres no scrolling on news stories
  • Options
    It's done by FLi, as a web designer myself I can see how they've tried to make the new site more intuitive and interactive but don't think they have done it very well. I wonder who their contract is with, the way it's designed isn't bad but like the previous site it exudes cheapness. 8/10 for effort 4/10 for execution.
  • Options
    I think I prefer the old one (which I'm still getting anyway!)
  • Options

Looks better than the old one but you still can't buy tickets.

Yep tried and couldn't so had to phone and pay the £1 booking fee
  • Options
    Like the principle, as people have said nice and crisp but needs some layout changes. Sure they will get it sorted.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    *rant*Having done web design, the fundamental rule before rolling out a live site is ensure that it is portable across browsers. IE sucks quite frankly and anyone that uses it outside of being forced to at work needs shooting imho*/rant*
  • Options
    Not feeling that, looks like a blog now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

*rant*Having done web design, the fundamental rule before rolling out a live site is ensure that it is portable across browsers. IE sucks quite frankly and anyone that uses it outside of being forced to at work needs shooting imho*/rant*

Good point - I did some system testing on websites - pain in the ass to have to do every test 3 times - IE, Firefox and Chrome.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Good point - I did some system testing on websites - pain in the ass to have to do every test 3 times - IE, Firefox and Chrome.
    then you also need to test it on the older versions of said browsers!

I hate IE.

It's a million miles better than what it was, but still a bit of a template fit for us. I.e. quite limiting in what CAFC need.

Some of the fonts look a bit dodgy!
  • Options
    I have it now and dont like it, looks cheap and tacky. I hope it is work in progress.
  • Options
    You can win an Ipad on it – allegedly.
    Three pages of info but nowhere to click to win!
    :-{
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

then you also need to test it on the older versions of said browsers!

I hate IE.

It's a million miles better than what it was, but still a bit of a template fit for us. I.e. quite limiting in what CAFC need.

Some of the fonts look a bit dodgy!
    Oh yeah, that's right. After we'd tested it in the latest IE version we had to re-run the tests in the previous 2 versions. I was surprised at the differences we found... but I guess this little discussion is putting everyone else to sleep so I will say no more.
  • Options
    Has anyone managed to login to cafc player today??
  • Options
    I can get in with no trouble Gaz. Try logging in through the link on the OS home page
  • Options
    Olly, doesn't seem to want to log me in, tried IE, FireFox and Chrome.
    I requested a new password to be sent to me but now it's not even recognising my email address.
  • Options
    Am able to login now Olly, cheers!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    wickford said:

On the site is says: "To enter the draw, sign up to Charlton’s official club newsletter. By registering for the newsletter and entering the prize draw, fans agree to the league’s terms and conditions".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

wickford said:

On the site is says: "To enter the draw, sign up to Charlton’s official club newsletter. By registering for the newsletter and entering the prize draw, fans agree to the league’s terms and conditions".
    The link to the newsletter is at the very top of the website. I've edited the story to make it clearer
  • Options

Looks better than the old one but you still can't buy tickets.

Yep tried and couldn't so had to phone and pay the £1 booking fee
    If you're a member (Red Card holder, so every season-ticket holder), you can buy tickets online as you've always been able to do via the members system.

Non-members will again be able to buy tickets online shortly.
  • Options

It's annoying that articles run over 2 or 3 pages. Other than that I like it.

I agree. This was imposed on clubs and, like the vast majority of clubs, we've asked for it to be changed.
  • Options
    I like it. Still needs a bit of tweaking in a few places (longer stories over lapping pages/the badge in the corner) but navigation and ease on the eye is alright
  • Options
    It's working now. I like it much , much more than that old generic site.
  • Options
    Yeah it looks alright.

Just think the font looks as if it's still loading and will appear clearer any moment now. But no.

• Options

It's done by FLi, as a web designer myself I can see how they've tried to make the new site more intuitive and interactive but don't think they have done it very well. I wonder who their contract is with, the way it's designed isn't bad but like the previous site it exudes cheapness. 8/10 for effort 4/10 for execution.

Very fussy in execution...looks nice but isnt user friendly.
  • Options
    Well I do not like the new site, and also I have problems getting past the firts page. When i try to get into the second page I fail to download it I get message about a long running script on the Charlton site that stops me down loading it. Does any one have any ideas what I can do to sort this out. I am not a computerbuff.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    msomerton said:

Well I do not like the new site, and also I have problems getting past the firts page. When i try to get into the second page I fail to download it I get message about a long running script on the Charlton site that stops me down loading it. Does any one have any ideas what I can do to sort this out. I am not a computerbuff.

Don't you get a message saying "long running script, do you want to continue yes/no ? "

Click on no & it should download.

I think the long running script is because there is so much info, pictures & colours.

It also says at the bottom of page 1 that they have had technical issues since Saturday. Seems to be running slow to me & when I clicked on ticket news, it defaulted back to page 1.
  • Options
    New site doesn't work on a smartphone and the page on mobile use suggests downloading the FL app which appears to have no Charlton content in it - News being completely blank - at least the old site had a reasonably good mobile template for latest news and match reports

Tickets still on the old old system which only works with IE!

Pretty shoddy all round in my opinion - would be interesting to see if they did any user research before building the new site - stats show that smartphone web usage is the fastest growth area in the web