Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ALAN PARDEW

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Ha ha ha where has the Pardew love in gone

Some peeps on here have seriously changed their tune
    impatience!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Should relegation happen (and if you'd asked me at christmas then that was a cert, but I'm not so sure now) then I have no doubt that we've got the best bloke to have a good go next year....

I think he's certainly got another 2/3 years here.....he can groom Kinsella for the role in my opinion and that'll do for me !

I stand by my original statement !
  • Options
    "lets just hope in the Summer, other Premiership clubs aren't as big fans of him as we are.... "

That should be made into a t-shirt!

Just read that about Pardew saying where our problems lie. . . .

He doesn't mention our defence at all.

Pardew will be gone by Christmas. . . . .(another good t-shirt!)
  • Options
    Anyone else a big pards fan, or is it just me?

now thats a t shirt
  • Options
    "IT'S JUST ME"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I think Pardew was relieved to get the 3 points on Saturday.
    But more than a little sad to see the team that he essentially built swept away.

That's 4 years of his life's work counting for nothing.

But he'll put all that behind him now.

When he joined, he said he was pleased to be joining a club he knew, with people he knew and trusted.
    And he made play on the fact that as Charlton was his old club and that he reckoned he played his best football here, that he felt it was the right club for him.

I think Pards feels he can build something here - and it gives him a platform to prove a point.

OMG! Why don't people tell me I write such twaddle.
    Oh, they do ..........

;o)
  • Options
    Interesting to read this. Clearly it didn't end well for pads here. But has what has happened since vindicated some of these comments. The truth is everyone remembers all the bad the things but none of the positives from those early days.
  • Options
    don't know why this was posted.... the bloke is a moron and helped ruin us...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah of course it's easy to day what might have been. But the lines are fine. Had he kept us up in 07 then. Well who knows. I reckon we would have done ok with him in the EPL
  • Options
    yep... just a troll... thought so
  • Options
    This article begs the question "Is Jurgen Klopp having a party?"
  • Options
    I was just watching the SkySports produced programme 'The Premier League Years 06/07' this evening and now saw this thread.... I guess people made all those (funny) comments right after we beat West Ham 4-0 at home?
  • Options
    Not a troll. I was disappointed with him as much as the next cafc fan. But interesting to look back on the comments that's all. Particularly about him being so positive and lifting everyone. I guess he is an impact manager and after a while it wears thin.
  • Options
    My lasting memory is of the hostility at the end of the Southampton game shortly before he was sacked and almost all fans delighted to see him go!
  • Options
    mogodon said:

My lasting memory is of the hostility at the end of the Southampton game shortly before he was sacked and almost all fans delighted to see him go!

Sheffield United, rather than Southampton
  • Options

Not a troll. I was disappointed with him as much as the next cafc fan. But interesting to look back on the comments that's all. Particularly about him being so positive and lifting everyone. I guess he is an impact manager and after a while it wears thin.

Yes you are right got hammered by Liverpool today total impact manager
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Shows how wrong we were. In saying that, the worse part of his career was with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A good English manager, not many of them with his longevity around in the Premiership these days.
  • Options
    A case of right man at the right club, he inherited a squad where the main strength was in their attacking, pacey wide players, and built his whole play around them, which is perfect for away matches in the PL.
  • Options
    Am sorry but its this with Pardew that makes him a total nob!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34762542
  • Options

Yes you are right got hammered by Liverpool today total impact manager
    He has been there less than a year so far.

He was still quite rated after a year of being Charlton manager - we all know what happened next...
  • Options
    I remember the euphoria when he took us over. I think it fair to say most Charlton fans welcomed his appointment.
    He took over a struggling side and ultimately it didn't work out for him and us.
    But look how it's going with Chrystal the Nigels. Who can deny he's doing well there?
    For me, the problem with him is not his management skills, but his personality.
  • Options
    He is an impact manager, don't forget how well he did when he first joined Newcastle (I still can't believe he managed them!)
  • Options
    Pardew's formula is pace in every department. He can't get that in the lower divisions, or he gets pace with limited ability. He has a pacy team now and it must make being a manager pretty straightforward.
  • Options
    Current Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew is clearly in no mood to take advice from his predecessors. He has hit back at Neil Warnock after the former Eagles manager said he thought Charlie Austin would be a good fit at Selhurst Park.

"Neil Warnock was the manager here and he didn't do very well so I am not really interested in his opinion," said Pardew. "Charlie Austin is of no interest to us."
  • Options
    What an arrogant prick that man is...........I detest him and every time I see him I feel like putting him on his arse!!
    Lets hope it goes tits up over at selhurst sooner than later!