Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics - Where are the Aussies?

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2012

Bunny said:

I always think that living in Australia must be like being trapped in a room with immature and rather stupid 14 year old boys.

lol......this comment comes from a man who watches f*****g Millwall. Still I suppose it gives you an advantage in recognising immaturity.
    Oz is a great place to live with fantastic people. It doesn't all revolve around sport.

I dunno...I just think Australia is a bit like buying a Jeep with the radio unable to tune into anything else but Talksport....so what could have been fun is just irritating.

As for Brits that move out there...

• Options
    In answer to the OP question, at least one of them will be rowing a length of Eton Dorney after the Olympics are over...
    BBC
    Australia's sports minister is set to don a Team GB shirt and take to the water after resigning herself to losing a wager with her UK counterpart about who would win more gold medals.

Kate Lundy said she had "cheerfully conceded" defeat and would row a length at Eton Dorney next month.

Had Australia won more golds, Hugh Robertson would have had to dribble a hockey ball in central London.

The UK has won 22 gold medals so far compared with Australia's four.
  • Options
    Bunny said:

Bunny said:

I always think that living in Australia must be like being trapped in a room with immature and rather stupid 14 year old boys.

lol......this comment comes from a man who watches f*****g Millwall. Still I suppose it gives you an advantage in recognising immaturity.
    Oz is a great place to live with fantastic people. It doesn't all revolve around sport.

I dunno...I just think Australia is a bit like buying a Jeep with the radio unable to tune into anything else but Talksport....so what could have been fun is just irritating.

As for Brits that move out there...

Lol.......you have obviously had a bad experience with a jeep, plus your extensive visits to OZ eren't good? Add that lot to having to support Millwall.......I feel for you :)

• Options
    You like using lol and smiley faces - I can see why you fit in there.

I can see why a certain type of Brit likes moving there tho - it's like being the most intelligent kid in one of those special classes for the divs at school. You can convince yourself that the mainstream classes (UK) are rubbish & being in 'Cope' classes (Oz) gives you opportunities you just wouldn't get otherwise...like lots of colouring in and watching DVDs. And you feel great when you finish your 8 times table question waaaay before anyone else.
  • Options
    Where is Ormiston?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Where is Ormiston?

He'll be in bed now
  • Options
    i think the IOC are showing signs of double standards. They are kicking people out for not trying yet they are letting the aussies stay!? ;-)
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Where is Ormiston?

He'll be in bed now
    Only just seen this, I have been dealing with federal politicians all day today so in fairness Bunny's comments don't seem that far off the mark.

Other than that, the day I give a monkey's what a Spanner thinks will be the day that I volunteer to fellate Julian Clary.
  • Options
    Bunny said:

You like using lol and smiley faces - I can see why you fit in there.

I can see why a certain type of Brit likes moving there tho - it's like being the most intelligent kid in one of those special classes for the divs at school. You can convince yourself that the mainstream classes (UK) are rubbish & being in 'Cope' classes (Oz) gives you opportunities you just wouldn't get otherwise...like lots of colouring in and watching DVDs. And you feel great when you finish your 8 times table question waaaay before anyone else.

A Millsmall fan talking about intelligence......lol!
    OZ is a GREAT place, but you will find most ex-pats still have England in their hearts and miss the home country........and then remember there's clowns like you around.