Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The week that was - 2nd March 1985 Charlton 5 Barnsley 3

13»

Comments

• Options
    southampton addick - the score from that Barnsley game was 1-1. We drew 0-0 at Barnsley earlier that season. Killer's penalty hit the bar and first bounced outside the box.
  • Options
    southampton addick - the score from that Barnsley game was 1-1. We drew 0-0 at Barnsley earlier that season. Killer's penalty hit the bar and first bounced outside the box.
    bollox. you are the font of all knowledge.

I can't remember what I did yesterday.

Although certain things stick for some reason.

I'm a whizz at trivial pursuits cause I remember crap but nothing thats important or useful, or so the missus says.

• Options
    I thought I was one of the 5000 but perhaps it was a different game I saw? I could have sworn Ronnie Futcher's sending-off was the turning point but apparently we'd already pulled it back to 3-3 by then.

Or am I just getting confused between his sending-off and Gordon Owen's penalty miss?

Still, the fish and breadloaves were good!
    You might be, although I have to say I recall Futcher getting sent off when we were 3-1 down too.

Probably Dowman's best game for us that one.
  • Options
    I was there, stood in the covered end, skinhead clobber & had to retrieve my Dr Martens from the police room across in the corner of the West Stand car park.

Wasn't the club shop a portacabin in the car park at the time?
    A wooden hut with a reasonably good programme shop in one half. Wish we could have a programme shop now, shame that they stopped doing the aways with Paul Ellis after our relegation from the premiership
  • Options
    i wouldn't be born for another 3 days so i had to give this one a miss.
  • Options
    Watched a rather disappointed Barnsley supporter rip his programme into shreads on the train back to London Bridge after the game.
  • Options
    No excuse! ;-0

• Options
    A repeat of this classic on saturday would be fun to watch
  • Options
    dave85 said:

Another game you've missed

• Options
    As usual the Programme can be seen here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/11853567265

Want to see more Charlton Programmes, then visit

http://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/sets/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i was there but cannot remember the game - do remember though 3 pissed barnsley fans watching from were the clock terrace was in our end and getting bundled evrytime we scored a goal - i belive it was the game - someone with a weird memory might remember too.
  • Options
    clock terrace?
  • Options
    I was mascot for that game. Just after my 7th birthday. I can remember chatting to Curbs in the changing rooms before the game, then hearing Lennies last few words of encouragement, running out onto the pitch with Nicky Johns and having a kick about with Robert Lee and Flash. All of my family were there, my grandad who went to most home and away games in the 40s/50s, my dad who has been a season ticket holder for more years then he can remember, and my nan who went to her 1 and only Charlton match that day, despite being born and brought up in Eastmoor street just around the corner.

Nearly 29 years ago and Im a bigger Charlton nut than I am now! Happy days.
  • Options
    Clock end corner terrace thingy
  • Options
    Christ this thread has made me feel old.