Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricardo Fuller linked (ed. signed)

Comments

• Options

CP's eyes did light up a bit when he heard the name mentioned last Thursday! The Fuller move isn't official yet but expect it to be confirmed soon.

Per David's piece, then, folks here can hold News Shopper responsible for planting the idea?
    Powell laughed off reports linking him with Ricardo Fuller, confirming he had not had any contact with the former Stoke striker who is interesting fellow Championship club Middlesbrough.

“I was with Ricardo many years ago when he’d just come over from Jamaica”, Powell said.

“Now you’ve mentioned him, I’ll look into it!”
  • Options

Surely puts bwps place under threat?

Don't see how to be honest (just my opinion). BWP is a different kind of player. He could play well off of both Kermagant or Fuller. As well i think Fuller could play with Kermagant. Could be a good signing.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

A prem strikers wages will be higher than Hayes, surely?

out of contract @ Stoke .. not too many prem clubs chasing him .. fellow 'Jamaican' background in Powell as a manager .. it's a good move for him
  • Options
    http://footytweets.com/charlton/news/711814 according to sky its a done deal!!!
  • Options
    Its even being mentioned on the Ipswich Town fansite http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/226099/ricardo-fuller-to-charlton/
  • Options
    Think he'll be a decent signing for this year. How old is he?
  • Options
    Addicted said:

• Options
    Addicted said:

• Options
    Madz said:

Surely puts bwps place under threat?

Don't see how to be honest (just my opinion). BWP is a different kind of player. He could play well off of both Kermagant or Fuller. As well i think Fuller could play with Kermagant. Could be a good signing.
    Surely, it's about providing competition.

Fuller won't have lightning pace like Haynes, but he can cover both striker positions.

Smith is obviously not ready for the step up just yet, so Fuller provides cover for Kermorgant as target man - as well as bringing another option to the forward line.

• Options
    great signing, could be trouble but lots of prem experience to bring into the strike force. Keep him fit, keen and well managed and think we will have a winner
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be presented on the pitch tonight.
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say he's rubbish ;0)
  • Options

Powell laughed off reports linking him with Ricardo Fuller, confirming he had not had any contact with the former Stoke striker who is interesting fellow Championship club Middlesbrough.

“I was with Ricardo many years ago when he’d just come over from Jamaica”, Powell said.

“Now you’ve mentioned him, I’ll look into it!”

Powell might not have had any contact with Fuller at that time, but someone else at the club might have...

Fuller would also be cover/an alternative to Yann, indeed would he play better as a partnership with BWP/Haynes?
  • Options
    Can't be true, not on OS.

;o)
  • Options
    Fuller > Hayes

Tidy replacement ;)
  • Options
    YESSSSSSSSSS .. I am REALLY pleased with this signing, we're getting a rough tough old pro who'll do the bizness
  • Options

YESSSSSSSSSS .. I am REALLY pleased with this signing, we're getting a rough tough old pro who'll do the bizness

Well said sir.

• Options

Can I be the first to say he's rubbish ;0)

You can Shooters, but I suspect dear old oohahh won't be far behind.

• Options

Well said sir.

thank you M'Lord !!
  • Options
    Ooh Aaah would moan if we signed Messi.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've watched a lot and heard a lot about Fuller over the past few years due to the (x)missus and family being season ticket holders at Stoke and being made to watch many tv games plus constant stoke talk. Think he could piss a lot of fans of with the way he sulks on the pitch sometimes and just sits on the floor/doesn't track back if things aren't going his way. That said he is bit of a beast and could work very well in a partnership at this level, and provides moments of magic. They love him up there.

Astute signing and fits in well with the two for every position agenda. BWP/Haynes & Yann/Fuller.
  • Options
    if we've signed him can he play tonight? or is that too soon?
  • Options
    I think he'd be a good signing. He's no as slow as people think, holds the ball up extremely well and has an excellent eye for goal (especially long range!)

He has found game time limited though, possibly because of his knee, so i'd exepct to see him for 20 mins per game.
  • Options
    as in on the bench, not at the expense of Kermit and BWP
  • Options
    Slp just rang me offering me a job.

Just kidding Cawley. No need to get worried :D
  • Options
    Seems like a poor managing company if the announced it to soon
  • Options

Today at 5:46pm, stantheman wrote:
    RIP RF10

Charlton are now my 2nd favourite team.

34 years, home and away, the most entertaining, electric player I've seen in a Stoke shirt.

He scored goals I'll remember in 40 years time.

Best of luck.

Same here.

When the modern history of Stoke is written up, he'll go down as a pretty special player.

It's been an absolute pleasure to have him here for 6 years.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=197374&page=4#ixzz23z92ixyW
  • Options
    Madz said:

if we've signed him can he play tonight? or is that too soon?

I think there is a 48 hour gap required between signing and playing .. @ least there used to be
  • Options
    Pretty good. Be a while before he's match fit though.