Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Van Persie

Comments

• Options
    i stand by my comment!
  • Options
    Considering Utd paid 30m for a 27-yr old Berbatov, it looks like a steal ;)
  • Options

cafcpolo said:

I think Wenger knows what he's doing. Every year when Arsenal lose their big star everyone says that's it. Happened with Henry, those before him like Overmars & Petit, Cesc, Nasri & now RVP. Every season after they do what they always do and finish in the top four while another player or two shines for them.

Good bit of business for an injury prone striker with only a year left on his contract IMO.

Yep - and every year they get further away from making a real challenge for any trophies. Of course, it doesn't matter - there's no way they can hope to compete with Citeh, Manyoo and Chelski financially - and even though the financial fair play rules are set to come into force soon, the nouveau riche mobs will find ways round it. Must be pretty annoying being a Gooner. If they weren't almost universally complete mugs, I'd feel sorry for them.

Agree though, if they get Llorente that would be a superb signing. Might have legs as well, since the annual rumours linking him with Barca haven't been nearly as prevalent in this window. Maybe Vilanova doesn't rate him, but he's an awesome centre forward
    Been a long time since they even looked like challenging for the title. For them it's all about that 4th place finish, 2 years ago everyone saying they wouldn't after losing Nasri, they did. Last year they weren't going to make it after Fabregas left, they did. Now it all starts again because Van Persie has left. I think it takes a brave man to bet against them making it.
  • Options
    Think it's a good deal for both clubs. Utd get 1 of the leagues top players whilst Arsenal, having already made some decent signings over the summer, get over £20 million for a 29 year old in the final year of his contract
  • Options
    Pierced Organ is at it again.

• Options
    It's okay Beds he won't be around much longer:
  • Options
    So Piers you've never changed jobs then?
  • Options
    Piers Morgan, I seriously cannot stand that man.
  • Options
    RVP left another club to join Arsenal, thats ok but when he leaves he just a mercenary, come into the real world Piers.
  • Options
    Arsenal fans = Utterly deluded.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has he even passed his medical yet? I've heard that he has got a suspect back after carrying Arsenal for all of last season. I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    Arsenal fans are strange.

Man utd were bitter rivals about 9 years ago.
  • Options
    Piers is your typical Arsenal fan. Does not have a clue about football and thinks football starts and ends with them.
  • Options
    What a surprise, he's an arsenal fan! Obviously he never did anything of questionable morals for a few extra bucks...
  • Options
    I know RVP scored 30 goals last season , but 24 million for a 29 year old , its over the top imo , i know others will see it as a good bit of business for the top goalscorer in Premiership football , but i think its a panic buy from Fergie.
  • Options

Piers is your typical Arsenal fan. Does not have a clue about football and thinks football starts and ends with them.

I think you'll find those attributes in Spurs fans as well
  • Options
    if we've learnt anything in this protracted transfer saga it's that Piers Morgan is even more of a bell end than we all gave him credit for.
  • Options
    Don't think it's for the money, he would get more at City, he wants to play for a bigger club and win medals. He's spent 7 years at Arsenal and they are making a £21m profit on him. They knew he was likely to leave so have already replaced him. What's he meant to do stay there and rot?
  • Options
    Van Persie when a girl says no....
  • Options
    Would expect more from admin to be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Arsenal fans are very odd. Virtually every player that they have accused of leaving for money over the last 5 years has gone on to win at least 1 trophy in pretty much their first season. Fabregas, Henry, Clichy, Flamini, Adebayor and Nasri all fall into that catagory.
  • Options
    They will miss him;however,it is a lot of money.Mind you what price Hernandez ending up at Arsenal?
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Arsenal fans are very odd. Virtually every player that they have accused of leaving for money over the last 5 years has gone on to win at least 1 trophy in pretty much their first season. Fabregas, Henry, Clichy, Flamini, Adebayor and Nasri all fall into that catagory.

And despite people saying that Wenger knows what he's doing so far as replacements are concerned they haven't won a trophy in the last six years.

United, on the other hand, now have available at their disposal the likes of Young, Scholes, Giggs, Valencia, Carrick, Fletcher, Nani, Cleverley, Anderson, Kawaga, Rooney, Hernandez, Wellbeck and Van P. That's 14 players for 6 positions and it also makes the assumption that Berbatov leaves.

The 9/2 SFC available with Corals on United/City looks a massive price to me (assuming you believe United are stronger than last year) because it is a struggle to envisage Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal challenging for the top two places.
  • Options
    I think United will play RVP with Welbeck up top and tuck Rooney in an advanced midfield role, Rooney doesn't have the pace to play right up front against the really top sides.

Time for Rooney to re-invent himself into a Lampard like midfielder.
  • Options
    £24m is a lot of money for a 29 year old with one year left on his contract, but at the same time Man Utd probably couldn't afford to let him go to one of their Premier/Champions League rivals.

And can people please stop mentioning Piers Morgan's football opinions. This is a man who sees a dog dancing on stage and says "That's what Britain is all about". He is an internet troll, plain and simple.
  • Options
    Had £50 on him for top league scorer on Monday @9-1 gone down to 7's now well happy he's gone united gonna get more chances
  • Options
    He won't necessarily get more chances. At Arsenal he was the focal (and only) point of their attack. United have lots of options so he's likely to be rotated more often. I also doubt Rooney will be too keen on giving up the penalty and free kick duties either whereas at Arsenal RVP took everything.
  • Options
    I wouldn't take what Piers Morgan says seriously.He is the biggest hypocrite I have come across.If you were Van Persie and you were in your thirties with one year left on your contract with Man Utd willing to pay you £200,000 per week what would you do eh Piers.Arsenal have got little chance of winning the title,Man Utd have every chance.Dont talk about loyalty in football because frankly there isn't any.
  • Options
    Modric at £27m seems much better.
  • Options
    Modric is over-rated. Not enough goals or assists. Stats don't lie.