Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2012/13 Football betting thread

Comments

• Sorry for interupting with my bet there. You two carry on :)
  • Mike, he's had BATE as well and they are 2-0 down
  • theres a surprise. why bet on that game you haven't got a clue about them teams
  • AlexAnder said:

Charlton and Norwich double at 25/1. Come on you yellows!

Well in mate!
  • Mike said:

theres a surprise. why bet on that game you haven't got a clue about them teams

BATE had 6 points, Lille had 0...was going by that

• Juventus
    Braga
    Oldham
    Southend
    Leyton orient
    70/1
    few other long lists as well on leagues one and two
  • Bournemouth
    MK Dons
    Northampton
    Rotherham
    Crawley/Yeovil - BTTS
    Scunthorpe/Bury - BTTS

35/1
  • AlexAnder said:

Juventus
    Braga
    Oldham
    Southend
    Leyton orient
    70/

Braga let me down!
  • Not too shabby.

• Wankers Bournemouth
  • Sponsored links:

• Malaga can fuck off
  • Real cost me tonight. Had Real, PSG, Milan & Arbroath. Barstewards.
  • edited November 2012
    Real cost me too. Not bloody happy, especially when they probably could and should have been 3up in the first 20 mins.
  • Cardiff
    Forest
    Watford
    Donny
    Rotherham

£1 returnss £54

Sunderland
    Burnley
    Brighton
    Charlton
    Leicester

£1 returns £29

Goals Galore:

Sunderland v QPR
    Villa v Reading
    Brighton v Bristol City
    M'boro v Hudds
    Donny v Oldham
    Accrington v Rotherham

£1 returns £29

Goal before 30mins:

Blackpool v Brummy
    Derby v Cardiff
    Brighton v Bristol City
    Hull v Palarse
    Leeds v Leicester
    Wolves v Millsmall

£1 returns £17.77
  • have you paid Mike back yet?
  • We're a good price tonight at 4/5
  • Sunderland v QPR Draw
    Doncaster to beat oldham
    Brighton to beat Bristol C
    Forest to beat Ipswich
    Derby V Cardiff Draw

£5 returns £412.40
  • Sunderland v QPR Draw
    Doncaster to beat oldham
    Brighton to beat Bristol C
    Forest to beat Ipswich
    Derby V Cardiff Draw

£5 returns £412.40

Am looking at this and really think it is a go-er.

• Every Championship team to score @ 229/1
  • Burnley
    Hull
    Millwall
    Watford
    Leeds

acca with five four-folds covering
  • Sponsored links:

On Saturday I'm giving £30 with £4 of that to cover the Cafe
  • edited November 2012

have you paid Mike back yet?

2/11 he hasnt
  • Forest
    Watford
    Palace

just better than 19/1 on PP
  • Don't fancy anything tonight really...Too many results that could go either way!
  • Goals then !

I'll have a £1 he hasn't. If I lose I'll pay the quid in four installments...
  • Chaps, help me out here. Was talking to a mate about my bad luck on my run of accumulators (always missing out by 1) and he told me to try something different.

Pick 5 teams as you would for an accumulator but then you cover it with the equivalent doubles, trebles, a four fold and a 5 fold accumulator, all say 20p a unit, so you end up putting on £5.20.

Apparently he's had great success doing this for the last couple of years. It limits the pay out obviously when one result fails to come in but you should cover your costs if 3 of the 5 come in.

Is that a normal tactic? Does it have a special name or anything like that? Go easy on me, I'm very much a betting novice compared to you lot.

Have gone with Villa, Charlton, Cardiff, Brighton and Doncaster like that tonight. Potential winnings of £48.

• They do have special names indeed and it's a tactic I employ at times, when say doing big bets at the start of the season. I believe an 8 game accumulator split like that is called a goliath.

If your interested in slowly building up a bank roll I dont think its a good idea as with five teams and a small stake it's easy to lose most of it if two teams lose as your not getting the bigger wins from the four and five folds. You can potentially end up getting £1 back from a fiver which lets be honest, isn't worth it.
  • cafcpolo said:

They do have special names indeed and it's a tactic I employ at times, when say doing big bets at the start of the season. I believe an 8 game accumulator split like that is called a goliath.

If your interested in slowly building up a bank roll I dont think its a good idea as with five teams and a small stake it's easy to lose most of it if two teams lose as your not getting the bigger wins from the four and five folds. You can potentially end up getting £1 back from a fiver which lets be honest, isn't worth it.

I guess the million dollar question is how best to build up slowly then? Is there a way or is it just down to luck? I've been saying to myself that I'd play from my winnings once I get a win but I havent had a single win in about a year now! I guess I'm doing £20 a month in accumulators, nothing special but time after time its always one team that does me. Ok, I used to be pretty greedy and go for 7 or 8, occasionally they used to come off but even doing five teams I havent had a win in bloody ages.

• Had a 5 match BTTS bet. 8/10 have scored by HT.

Just need Leicester and Birmingham.