Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2012/13 Football betting thread

Comments

• Options

Sunderland v QPR Draw
    Doncaster to beat oldham
    Brighton to beat Bristol C
    Forest to beat Ipswich
    Derby V Cardiff Draw

£5 returns £412.40

F**k you forest

Had a 5 match BTTS bet. 8/10 have scored by HT.

Just need Leicester and Birmingham.

F**k you Leicester
  • Options
    edited November 2012

• Options

/11/2012 GBP 5.00 Yankee: DRAW @ 23/10
    Betid 29156270500 Time: 15:15 Bet Type: Yankee Stake: £ 55.00
    EVENT

SELECTION

PRICE

E/W TERMS

STATUS

Sunderland v Queens Park Rangers ENG Premier League
    Match Betting - 90 Mins

Draw

23/10

Win only

Settled
    Aston Villa v Reading ENG Premier League
    Match Betting - 90 Mins

Draw

13/5

Win only

Settled
    Derby County v Cardiff City ENG League Championship
    Match Betting - 90 Mins

Draw

5/2

Win only

Settled
    Hull v Crystal Palace ENG League Championship
    Match Betting - 90 Mins

Draw

5/2

Win only

Settled

Reading cost me big time...
  • Options
    As a Yankee you must have still got a sizeable return tho surely?
  • Options
    Yeah £378 so £323 profit, I shouldnt moan but wanted the four up especially in the last ten minutes.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

cafcpolo said:

They do have special names indeed and it's a tactic I employ at times, when say doing big bets at the start of the season. I believe an 8 game accumulator split like that is called a goliath.

If your interested in slowly building up a bank roll I dont think its a good idea as with five teams and a small stake it's easy to lose most of it if two teams lose as your not getting the bigger wins from the four and five folds. You can potentially end up getting £1 back from a fiver which lets be honest, isn't worth it.

I guess the million dollar question is how best to build up slowly then? Is there a way or is it just down to luck? I've been saying to myself that I'd play from my winnings once I get a win but I havent had a single win in about a year now! I guess I'm doing £20 a month in accumulators, nothing special but time after time its always one team that does me. Ok, I used to be pretty greedy and go for 7 or 8, occasionally they used to come off but even doing five teams I havent had a win in bloody ages.

As you'll see from the thread, winning is quite rare. It's football, so of course it's luck. I stick anything up to a fiver on 4/5 away wins as the odds are better, even if it is top vs bottom. Check the fixtures and tables on BBC. They'll show you current form and split the home and away results. I have noticed a fair few odd results recently...Gills, Sheff Utd slipping up, Boro losing at home to Brizzle. Stick £3 a week on 4 "fairly safe" away games and it should come in a fair amount of the time. Even if your only winning 30-50quid a time, it builds up.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

JohnBoyUK said:

cafcpolo said:

They do have special names indeed and it's a tactic I employ at times, when say doing big bets at the start of the season. I believe an 8 game accumulator split like that is called a goliath.

If your interested in slowly building up a bank roll I dont think its a good idea as with five teams and a small stake it's easy to lose most of it if two teams lose as your not getting the bigger wins from the four and five folds. You can potentially end up getting £1 back from a fiver which lets be honest, isn't worth it.

I guess the million dollar question is how best to build up slowly then? Is there a way or is it just down to luck? I've been saying to myself that I'd play from my winnings once I get a win but I havent had a single win in about a year now! I guess I'm doing £20 a month in accumulators, nothing special but time after time its always one team that does me. Ok, I used to be pretty greedy and go for 7 or 8, occasionally they used to come off but even doing five teams I havent had a win in bloody ages.

As you'll see from the thread, winning is quite rare. It's football, so of course it's luck. I stick anything up to a fiver on 4/5 away wins as the odds are better, even if it is top vs bottom. Check the fixtures and tables on BBC. They'll show you current form and split the home and away results. I have noticed a fair few odd results recently...Gills, Sheff Utd slipping up, Boro losing at home to Brizzle. Stick £3 a week on 4 "fairly safe" away games and it should come in a fair amount of the time. Even if your only winning 30-50quid a time, it builds up.
    Well I returned £10.42 on my £5.20 stake lol, got 4 out of the 5 tonight. As you rightly said, was never going to big winnings but I've stopped the rot :-)

• Options

Sunderland v QPR Draw
    Doncaster to beat oldham
    Brighton to beat Bristol C
    Forest to beat Ipswich
    Derby V Cardiff Draw

£5 returns £412.40

Put my first bet on football on this tonight. Slightly differently though, did ten double bets of 50p each. Made me £12.90 so I'm happy.
  • Options
    Hate aftertiming but i had us, Villa & Donny. Just about scraped in for some extra dough for Saturdays antics
  • Options
    acc, 4 folds and trebles
    Everton draw
    Spurs draw
    Swansea draw
    Blackburn draw
    Stoke win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everton
    Spurs
    West brom
    Bolton
    stoke
    £2 wins £190
  • Options
    Everton draw
    Spurs win
    Southampton win
    Man city win
    Man utd -1
    Swansea draw

150/1
  • Options
    Chelsea
    Leicester
    Boro
    Stevenage
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Take leicester off that Randy and put on Spurs, you get 1250 return
  • Options
    Ballbags. Already placed it. I take it spuds are playing Sunday/Monday. I didn't even look at them games
  • Options
    Great odds on palace
  • Options
    Those odds on palace are very good - have they got injury problems ?
  • Options
    Chelsea to win at Sunderland is 4/5 superb odds considering Chelsea have won the last five meetings at the Stadium of Light and of course how bad Sunderland are!
  • Options
    Will be adding my 24454-1 accumalator later, so keep remember to have a look tonight. I wont put it up now in case I forget to put it on when I get home this evening :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Everton draw
    Spurs win
    Southampton win
    Man city win
    Man utd -1
    Swansea draw

150/1

How does that work then when Everton are playing Spurs? Surely you can have both results can you? Excuse my poor betting knowledge!
  • Options
    That's from Nov 28, when Everton drew with Arsenal and Spurs beat Liverpool. :-)
  • Options
    lol keep up John that was weeks ago
  • Options
    Charlton
    Brighton
    Ipswich
    Ipswich v Millwall - draw
    Man City
    Man Utd

6 fold
  • Options
    Haha
  • Options

lol keep up John that was weeks ago

Doh! Can you tell its been a long old week. I hang my head in shame!!!

• Options
    Acc, 9 folds, 8 folds

Sheff Utd
    Leyton Orient
    Stevenage
    Bournemouth
    Notts County
    Doncaster
    Dag & Red
    Southend
    York
    Exeter

Silly bollocks bet of the year. About 24000-1
  • Options
    JT said:

Charlton
    Brighton
    Ipswich
    Man City
    Man Utd

6 fold

How can you have City and United ? They are playing each other.
  • Options
    tom- k said:

JT said:

Charlton
    Brighton
    Ipswich
    Man City
    Man Utd

6 fold

How can you have City and United ? They are playing each other.
    You must agree that Charlton and Brighton should both win aswell.

• Options
    Need Cardiff to hold on. Hamburg to hold on and Hereford to win for £17