Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Llera

Comments

• I think there are big differences between Morro and Llera and both have particular qualities. I think that if Llera had pace he would be a fantastic player - that is his achilles heel and whilst he can look good in games - against a certain type of player he is always going to be exposed.

His passing is excellent and he is definitely a goal scoring centre half but he will be exposed sooner rather than later at this level unfortunately.
  • If there's a better young centre back anywhere in the country than Morrison then I've yet to see him....yes, Premiership included!
    An England player in the making....don't laugh......I honestly think he's that good.

He's very decent, but I wouldn't go that far. He's 24 already and only just breaking into the Championship.
  • If there's a better young centre back anywhere in the country than Morrison then I've yet to see him....yes, Premiership included!
    An England player in the making....don't laugh......I honestly think he's that good.

Phil Jones. 4 years younger and certainly better.

I'd wager good money that Morrison will not play for England.
  • He wasn't that bad, scored a few goals and had the odd stinker here and there. People are talking like we had a blind, three legged dog playing for us.
  • Will you have a civil reception if you finish 14th this year?
  • PopIcon said:

He wasn't that bad, scored a few goals and had the odd stinker here and there. People are talking like we had a blind, three legged dog playing for us.

According to some he was worse than that .. his play was worse than the exretia from a three legged blind dog .. now how bad is that !!
  • Why does anyone give this wum a response?

Phil Jones. 4 years younger and certainly better.

I'd wager good money that Morrison will not play for England.
    On reflection probably not....but I think were he to be with the right club (God willing it's us) then he could go all the way.
    When you come to think of it there aren't that many young top quality 'English' centre halves around....he certainly fits the bill.

• PopIcon said:

He wasn't that bad, scored a few goals and had the odd stinker here and there. People are talking like we had a blind, three legged dog playing for us.

Here Llera Llera........ here boy!

• This thread is the equivalent of a stranger phoning you up and saying "Remember that ex bird of yours who you dumped because she wouldnt go over and was lazy round the house? ...well just thought you'd like to know she did the washing up once last week and we are really happy. I'm so glad now that you are with my old stunner who cites housework, oral and cooking as her passions as she never really did it for me".
  • Sponsored links:

• LLERA ...did some things well ..ok in the air and could lauch long cross field angled balls from the left and scores goals

did some things poorly ...very slow on the turn ..apt to cock things up playing out of defence....and cd just about stand up with his right leg

cock ups havent happened yet for T Owls...soon will
    ( used to break into sweats when he has in possession in defence for fear of what might happen)
  • edited August 2012
    Potty mouth Rodney!
  • Always attacked the ball but when our static defence didn't follow him out he looked a mug caught out of position. Never had a run of games either. Obviously a better player than we gave him credit for.
  • Teams like leicester with their pace running at mig would be a right laugh to watch. They will have him in knots
  • Morrison was one of the best if not the best cb in league 1 last year. I agree he will be up there this year in the champ. But International quality - no where near. I would compare him to a Zak Whitbread esque player - top quality champ who maybe could do a decent job in prem. But the Man Utd lads - Smalling and Jones are both better. Caulker is another one, Cahill is only 26. Doubt Morrison will ever be much better than he is now.
  • Teams like leicester with their pace running at mig would be a right laugh to watch. They will have him in knots

I was actually thinking this on Tuesday.
  • Liked big Mig, always a trier

Centre backs are always about pairings. Lera was paired with either Dailly or Doherty for us and both pairings highlighted his shortcomings, (one footed, slow to turn and 0 acceleration) rather than covering up for them. Obviously this has been addressed at Wednesday and thier fans are seeing his strengths (Heading, distribution, commitment) more than his weaknesses

For us Morrison and Taylor or Morrison and Cort works very well as each pairing compliments each other, but I'd be worried if we had to play many games this season with Taylor and Court as a pairing as I think they are similar players who both would be exposed by pace.

• If he does go off the boil OP, buy him a crash helmet and he'll play well for a few games again! I liked big Mig, but I like our defence now MORE!
  • Liked big Mig, always a trier

Centre backs are always about pairings. Lera was paired with either Dailly or Doherty for us and both pairings highlighted his shortcomings, (one footed, slow to turn and 0 acceleration) rather than covering up for them. Obviously this has been addressed at Wednesday and thier fans are seeing his strengths (Heading, distribution, commitment) more than his weaknesses

For us Morrison and Taylor or Morrison and Cort works very well as each pairing compliments each other, but I'd be worried if we had to play many games this season with Taylor and Court as a pairing as I think they are similar players who both would be exposed by pace.

very good point
  • Llera might win The Donkey Derby but he will never win The Epsom Derby.

That said, he's a nice donkey & I wish him well :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Liked Llera.

Not the greatest i've seen but a fantastic attitude and seemed a nice bloke. Saw him out training on his own in Greenwich on what should have been his day off after being an unused sub the day before.

Wasn't as bad as some said, for most of the time he was ok. His problem was when he had a bad one, and there were probably two or three times, he had an absolute shocker.
  • I like Llera when he was with us, spoiled it a little by being bitter about being let go by Powell last season but lets be honest he would not be even making the bench of he was still here.
  • Deserves a bit of respect for that goal against Swindon when we were down to 9.

Also had a cracking game away at Orient when Daily got sent off.

As has already been said, his downfall was that when he had a shocker he was utterly useless.

At the moment he has played 3 games and Weds have let in 6. He looked poor at Oldham in the cup.
  • Battling at the top? Battling ? Last season wasn't exactly a battle was it !
    More like a walkover really.

This.
  • Always liked him, especially at the beginning. Heart of a lion. Remember his head injury?

As others have said though, he has his shortcomings technically. No way I'd want him back now, with the back 4 we have.
  • Liked Llera.

Not the greatest i've seen but a fantastic attitude and seemed a nice bloke.

Wasn't as bad as some said, for most of the time he was ok. His problem was when he had a bad one, and there were probably two or three times, he had an absolute shocker.

This.

I do think he will struggle more this season as I think there will be more pacey strikers in the Championship, but against just about everything else you can trust him to do a job.
  • Haven't you conceded 4 goals in 2 games? Has he played both of those?

Nothing against the guy, thought he tried his hardest but was too sloppy and clumsy for my liking. Not the sort of centre back you could rely on, for us anyway.
  • He aint got a clueeeeeee
  • Hey, pig, you sure know how to get us Addicks going on a topic!

Truth is you've got Llera and you're happy and we've got Morro and we're happy. Everyone's happy. Hooray!

I don't know if I can take another season of being your main rivals though. One of us is destined to go through this league in the opposite direction to a dose of salts.
  • Hey, pig, you sure know how to get us Addicks going on a topic!

Truth is you've got Llera and you're happy and we've got Morro and we're happy. Everyone's happy. Hooray!

I don't know if I can take another season of being your main rivals though. One of us is destined to go through this league in the opposite direction to a dose of salts.

Truth be told i'd be happy to be mid table after promotion,but I just get a feeling we'll be close to the play offs, this new Rodri fella we have got from Barca scored on his debut against Birmingham and looks accomplished, Llera tbf has surprised me twice now, last season before he came and reading some comments on here and Brentfords site didn't fill me with much optimism but he did great, this season we have brought in Gardner, Mattock (not had a start so far) Keiren Lee in defence but so far Llera has started and kept his place because he's done well.

I've been watching your results and Huddersfields too just to see how the promoted teams have done and got to be honest you lot have had a fantastic start after the League cup show, Birmingham and Leicester are decent sides.