Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Hull | 25th August 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Teams, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Good preview, that introduced me to nick proschwitz and, having now googled him (noting he's 6ft 3 and has yet to score for Hull), he's bound to open his account against us.
    Just a shame for him that BWP is on fire.
    2-1 to us.
  • Options
    Steve Bruce. His got a big fat ed, his got a big fat ed, his got a big fat ed, stteeevve bruce.

I'm missing this one. Bloody gutted. Missus is dragging me to Paris for the weekend.

2-1 again. Jacko and bwp. Fryatt for them
  • Options
    Our lads will once again show what they're made of at Fortress Valley with superb support from 3 sides of the stadium acting as the invaluable 12th man again.

Onwards & upwards !
  • Options
    History is on the side of the reds. We have beaten Hull 16 times in the league. Drawn 9 and lost 7. The last time we lost at home was 1977/78. COYR
  • Options
    Any ideas on crowd?
  • Options
    Same team, same result, same first goalscorer, BWP, 2-1 addicks.
  • Options
    I think we'll win this. Fast out of the blocks. 2-0 again. Bwp and Yann.
  • Options
    Hull Played 3 central defenders and sounds like they tried to park their bus at Blackburn and nick a goal, which they didn't.
    So reckon 1-0 to us.
  • Options
    having got the first two games spot on in terms of scores...I have this one down as 1-0 addicks
  • Options
    0 - 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't stand Steve Bruce or the style of football he gets his teams to play.

Think Tuesday will have taken alot out of us, but until Fuller or Haynes are fit I don't see anything on the bench that I'd use in rotation.

Hull score early and hang on till late.

Bruce gives his usual whine in the post match.

1-1
  • Options
    1-1 Court Headed Equaliser
  • Options

I'm missing this one. Bloody gutted. Missus is dragging me to Paris for the weekend.

You get Paris, I get rainy Dorset.

C'est la vie, as they say in Lyme Regis.

• Options

Lucky you. I've got Butlins Bognor! Atleast I'll get a football fix as Bognor Regis Town are at home.

• Options
    1 - 0 Charlton - BWP will look exhausted after his efforts on Tuesday, Cook to score from the bench in the last fifteen
  • Options
    0-0 with woodwork being hit 3 times
  • Options

Lucky you. I've got Butlins Bognor! Atleast I'll get a football fix as Bognor Regis Town are at home.

ha, i did check and Lyme have a home friendly against some six fingered farming village !

• Options

ha, i did check and Lyme have a home friendly against some six fingered farming village !

I could always try and get to a psg game if their season has started. Rather that than take the bird up the eiffel tower. Oo err.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Scottish 3rd Division battlers Rangers

Lol?
  • Options
    Will be happy with a draw, had pinpointed this as the start of our points haul (wrong!) for the season and can see this being a tight affair and not as open as the previous two
    1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers oohahh. Hat-trick.
  • Options
    2-0 to the lads and a better crowd than Tuesday night
  • Options
    3-0 Haddocks BWP 2 and Yann (or Fuller if he gets on)
  • Options
    Fryatt is out for them.

I am missing this one due to a family wedding, and whenever I have missed games due to weddings before (including my own I may add) we have bloody lost - and my missus moans at me for being miserable for the rest of the day.

So not holding out much hope. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Every time I look at a different squad I think oooh this will be tough and hull is no different. Lived there for three years so always enjoy beating them. Not sure if we will pick up all three points but maybe a hard fought 1-1. When do we get to the easy games in this division
  • Options
    Proving just how good we are, we'll destroy Hull 5-0. Yann and BWP 2 each and JJ from a free kick.
  • Options
    Nice preview

Hull on paper are probably better than us but Steve Bruce for me is one of the all time overrated managers

Fancy us to nick it
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

When do we get to the easy games in this division

Fri 14th Sept. ;-)

Think another 1-1 here, Jackson to open his Championship account.
  • Options
    First game of the season for me. Taking along someone who has never been before but is considering getting a season ticket so I'm hoping it's a top Charlton performance with a good win. Preferably goals for BWP and Yann so the songs get going and the atmosphere convinces him. Should hve taken him to the Leicester game..
  • Options

Steve Bruce. His got a big fat ed, his got a big fat ed, his got a big fat ed, stteeevve bruce.

2-1 again. Jacko and bwp. Fryatt for them

Fryatt rumoured to be out injured
    jamescafc said:

Any ideas on crowd?

yes, there will be a crowd