Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Hull | 25th August 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Teams, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Fancy us to be well up for this one - first Sat' home game, good crowd getting behind the boys, side full of confidence, playing well and already got some great results on the table...2-0 to the mighty Addicks.
  • Options
    The two clubs last met on December 22nd, 2007 when they drew 1-1 at The Valley.

The game was also notable for Danny Mills being sent off for two bookable offences.

At least we can be confident none of our players will be getting themselves sent off on purpose :-)
  • Options
    2 nil up but we will concede one in the last ten minutes.
    We will still win but the hard way with everyone's nerves well and truly frayed !!!
  • Options
    Bigger crowd hoping for more of Tuesday nights entertainment but sadly not to be. 1-0 to Hull with their £2m striker getting off the mark.
  • Options
    Can't see the crowd being any bigger than Tuesday as walk up was reasonable and there was large stayaways amongst st holders.

2-0 addicks
  • Options
    A tight one, either a draw or one goal in it. Hull are missing Matt Fryatt which blunts their goal scoring threat
  • Options
    BBC are reporting if we win tomorrow it will be our best start to a season in the second tier for 20 years
  • Options
    Game of special interest for me, work with a few Hull lads. They're saying Aluko has been their most threatening player so far.
    As for score prediction, I've somehow got two out of two so for my hat-trick;

Charlton 1 Hull 0 (BWP)
  • Options
    Well null funs are predicting 4-0 wins to us on their forum , however, it seems many of them don't understand the offside rule
  • Options
    Hull finished last season in 8th position on 68 points, 7 points behind 6th placed Cardiff, with a goal difference of +3 and that is just about where most of us predicted we would finish, so this will be an interesting match. Of course they have moved on since then and have a new manager in Steve Bruce and some new players;

Eldin Jakupovic (Aris)
    Nick Proschwitz (FC Paderborn07)
    Abdoulaye Faye (WHam)
    Sone Aluko (Rangers)
    Alex Bruce (Leeds)
    Ben Amos (M united)

The 26 man squad includes his Son Alex brought into the side on a free from Leeds.

Like us they struggled in the Capital One Cup, however winning narrowly over local rivals Rotherham on penalties.

One win and one loss so far has put them into 16th place with three points and an even goal difference having let in one and scored one. Although tight at the back, they do not provide much of a threat going forward, Bruce says he is looking to make them more expansive but will that leave them more open? On Saturday a lot will depend on their tactics, if they see us as a must or easy win and come at us we should be in for a good game. I think they will sit in however, despite Bruce’s attacking protestations making a team more expansive takes time and the personnel to do it. I don’t think he has the personnel, how much time he will get we shall see but it wont be ready for Saturday. As last years results show (table below) this was the problem last season too.

PLD W D L F A W D L F A GD Pts
    46 12 4 7 28 22 7 7 9 19 22 +3 68

Based only on watching Hull’s highlights for this season, both the weekend and the midweek game on the skysports website (link below), I think too much of Hulls attacking play comes through the middle ( know it’s not enough to be definitive but, that’s all I have to go on). As Leicester found out on Tuesday that tactic plays into our hands as we move around them.

Prediction if they come to attack us 3-0
    Prediction if they sit in 1-0

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=11982#ixzz24UKjizcO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loco said:

Bruce says he is looking to make them more expansive

Well he's certainly made them more expensive.
  • Options
    1 0 ooh Kermie
  • Options

Well null funs are predicting 4-0 wins to us on their forum , however, it seems many of them don't understand the offside rule

Please can you post the link to that forum? Having no luck in finding anything about us on all of them that I have tried
  • Options

Please can you post the link to that forum? Having no luck in finding anything about us on all of them that I have tried
    This is the one I'm looking at

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=297
  • Options
    COME ON YOU HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!!!

• Options

This is the one I'm looking at

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=297
    Thanks a lot

• Options
    Classic Charlton second level/Championship/Divisision 2 result....

2-1

First goal by a centre half
    Second (after Hull equaliser) BWP or Kermy
  • Options

Steve Bruce. His got a big fat ed, his got a big fat ed, his got a big fat ed, stteeevve bruce.

I'm missing this one. Bloody gutted. Missus is dragging me to Paris for the weekend.

2-1 again. Jacko and bwp. Fryatt for them

My missus also in Paris for the weekend, i'll be in the north stand ;-)
  • Options
    head says 1-1 heart says 7-0 with bwp (3) and Yann (4).....reckon the head will win ;-)
  • Options
    Don't worry davy. I'm with my own missus :D

As you can see. I still can't stay off the forum. Eiffel tower my arse

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think Steve Bruce is an overrated manager as most people do not rate him at all.

A hard-fought 1-1 draw today.
  • Options
    draw.

Bruce left wheezing on the touchline after a late OG in our favour.

• Options
    No Matty Fryatt for Hull today. Last seasons top scorer. I expect them to play five across the middle so back to last season I'm afraid. 0 - 0
  • Options
    Steve Bruce = the most defensive minded manager alive, id be surprised if hull even have a shot
  • Options

Don't worry davy. I'm with my own missus :D

As you can see. I still can't stay off the forum. Eiffel tower my arse

My first laugh of the morning!
  • Options
    0-0
  • Options
    Manager Steve Bruce could leave out Aaron McLean and Cameron Stewart again and opt for a five-man back line.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if he played a 10-0-0
  • Options
    1-1 again I reckon, 1-0 half time us through Hollands. Mclean off the bench equalizer.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Clem from the Football League Show is at The Valley today.

The two times that the Football League Show turned up last seaason, we drew 1-1. I think it'll be the same today.