Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most scared at a charlton game

Comments

• Options

Morning Everyone, new poster here. I have been reading CL for years but never signed up to post. The excitement for tonight and the fact I have spent the last couple of days at work just hitting 'refresh' on here made me realise it was finally time to join.

This wasn't at all scary but does anyone remember when we beat Palace 1-0 with Todorov scoring, the sorry, lonely Nigel who managed to get in the no-mans-land between the segregation shouting 'COME ON THEN' at us before realising he had no mates and getting absolutely mauled?

Welcome Will, yeah I remember that very well bloke got a good kicking after giving it billy big boll***s
  • Options
    The whole "Come on then" thing always makes me laugh.

If you're the one breaking through the segregation in the first place, then why do you need the opposition to run over to you?

Coward.
  • Options
    Norwich away in the 80's, two car loads of bumpkins poured out and the two of us had to run through a flurry of punches and kicks.

Fortunately I did a great impression of Usain Bolt before my good looks could get bruised.
  • Options
    Nicky Bailey running up to take a penalty
  • Options
    Blimey. Lots of names in this old thread that are no longer posting
  • Options
    Great thread to read of Football in a different era - Never felt scared in the sense thats been mentioned on here though - Only time I've ever been "scared" at a game was the second half of the Play-Off Final in May, was bloody bricking it that Sunderland would score and that would be it as the game was so damned tight
  • Options
    Great thread to read of Football in a different era - Never felt scared in the sense thats been mentioned on here though - Only time I've ever been "scared" at a game was the second half of the Play-Off Final in May, was bloody bricking it that Sunderland would score and that would be it as the game was so damned tight
    I was more scared after Sarrs OG. Just thought it’s not our day and how can we recover from that so early. Living in the north that day wasn’t cheap for me and as dramatic as it sounds I wasn’t a million miles from tears at that minute. Under 2 hours later and it was nearly tears of a different kind. 
  • Options
    I was more scared after Sarrs OG. Just thought it’s not our day and how can we recover from that so early. Living in the north that day wasn’t cheap for me and as dramatic as it sounds I wasn’t a million miles from tears at that minute. Under 2 hours later and it was nearly tears of a different kind. 
    Yeah I was probably less scared after the own goal because of the length of time we had to get back into it

On the other hand as the clock ticked down you knew that the later the goal, the less chance there would be to get an equaliser - And happily thats something that Sunderland fans had to deal with rather than us
  • Options
    Not scared as such  but bloody apprehensive and aware of everything around me Leeds play off at St Andrews, walking away from the ground afterwards (I was not in Charlton end) with 3 other mates whom all decided not to open our mouths and reveal our accents was upon reflection amusing but not at the time 😀
  • Options
    Norwich away in the 80's, two car loads of bumpkins poured out and the two of us had to run through a flurry of punches and kicks.

Fortunately I did a great impression of Usain Bolt before my good looks could get bruised.
    Sorry Elfs but I just had a vision of Mighty Mouse doing a runner with smoke coming from the rubber on his shoes 😂.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definatley the Chelsea play off game,where Leaburn got done off the ball and went potty.I was there with my then 2 young sons and wife,nursing a broken arm sustained in a freindly over 40 5 a side tournament,When the final whistle went,I really thought we were going to be invaded as the home supporters went mad.Met a few Leeds supporters at the service station after the St.Andrews game,and they were fine,if anything some Charlton Lads tried to irritate them,and security was called.One other occasion was when we went to Sheffield utd for a cup replay and the coach broke down on the way,We got there for the last 15 minutes and went straight into the home area where we were immediatley attacked,luckily stewards sorted it out quickly moved us out.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Chelsea at home during our Premier League days. We got well beat, can't remember the score. But there was half a row of Chelsea fans in front of me in the East Stand celebrating every goal that went in. I reported them to a steward who did nothing. Cue full time, when I was walking up the stairs, one of them started clipping my heels all the way up and calling me a sh*tc*nt over and over again. Luckily, I lost them on the way out.
  • Options
    Definatley the Chelsea play off game,where Leaburn got done off the ball and went potty.I was there with my then 2 young sons and wife,nursing a broken arm sustained in a freindly over 40 5 a side tournament,When the final whistle went,I really thought we were going to be invaded as the home supporters went mad.Met a few Leeds supporters at the service station after the St.Andrews game,and they were fine,if anything some Charlton Lads tried to irritate them,and security was called.One other occasion was when we went to Sheffield utd for a cup replay and the coach broke down on the way,We got there for the last 15 minutes and went straight into the home area where we were immediatley attacked,luckily stewards sorted it out quickly moved us out.

I was at the Chelsea game with my youngest boy - and how around 50 or so Chelsea somehow got into our end. They went mental when Chelsea scored that dubious penalty; wrong move. There were thousands of us in that away end and I could see many slowly making their way to where these dipsticks were jumping up and down just in front of us. It was like Custer's Last Stand. They got well thumped- and they couldn't escape because of the high fences. Funniest thing was OB stood and waited till the carnage was over then moved in and nicked them!
  • Options
    Leeds v Charlton play off game. Anyone know how many we had against them. On TV it looks like mostly Leeds with a few hundred Addicks.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

I was at the Chelsea game with my youngest boy - and how around 50 or so Chelsea somehow got into our end. They went mental when Chelsea scored that dubious penalty; wrong move. There were thousands of us in that away end and I could see many slowly making their way to where these dipsticks were jumping up and down just in front of us. It was like Custer's Last Stand. They got well thumped- and they couldn't escape because of the high fences. Funniest thing was OB stood and waited till the carnage was over then moved in and nicked them!
    That was a mad match. Certainly no complaints from us that day when we were kept behind after the match until the Chelsea fans had been dispersed!
  • Options
    Leeds v Charlton play off game. Anyone know how many we had against them. On TV it looks like mostly Leeds with a few hundred Addicks.
    Official attendance of 18k, we had a maximum of 1,500 there.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    clive said:
    I saw the video of this 'fight' a while ago and thought it was a spoof. :D
  • Options
    I don't think it was so bad as a Charlton fan in the 80s. Most of our games were small and for the far northern clubs, they were rightly not interested. Obviously care had to be taken and for the bigger games, (a lot well documented already i'm sure), they'd be more eventful. 

Just be forever thankful we never had to deal with a Falkirk mob-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWfECgbcjG4
  • Options
    clive said:
    Lol, I have just watched the "fight" on YouTube, what an embarrassing way to get nicked.   
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Blackburn away about 1970. Wore a velvet jacket. Might just as well painted myself red and white and put a Haddock on my head. Terrifying.
    Were you kettled by the fashion police?
  • Options
    Any time Naby Sarr goes near the ball. 
  • Options
    Undoubtedly, St Andrews in the Leeds Play Off. If I could have found a ferret, I would have stuffed it down my trousers just to pretend that I was from Yorkshire.
  • Options
    Undoubtedly, St Andrews in the Leeds Play Off. If I could have found a ferret, I would have stuffed it down my trousers just to pretend that I was from Yorkshire.
    Yep, walking back to the car after the 2-1 win at St Andrews was pretty scary. Being ‘stoned’ by Hammers as we left the Boleyn in the 1998s is also a firm memory as was being charged by police horses outside Craven Cottage whilst queing to go in was another one. Mindless, Both of those 2 episodes.