Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Ath v Derby Co/18 September 2012/Preview, views, news and line ups

Comments

• Options
    1-1, hard fought draw
  • Options
    3-1 derby
  • Options
    Derby 0-2 Charlton fuller and BWP.
  • Options
    Very hard to predict. It's clear from the predictions that people are still severely down from Friday.

But football is a funny old business and can turn around pretty quickly.

Don't know what to predict to be honest, other than if we concede an early goal then I'm pretty sure it won't be the last.

Good luck to those travelling.
  • Options
    First time back on the forum since Friday(still annoyed) but think that performance from a few of the players(Yann/Hollands/Jackson) will force Chrissy in to a few changes that will lift us to a 2-1 win, im especially hopeful that we try a BWP & Fuller partnership.
  • Options
    No-one mentioned that we have two away games and really need a win from one of them... no idea about how Derby and Ipswich play but certainly expect some of the changes suggested above, i.e., more of Fuller, Kerkar? and Jackson on the bench...
    I wouldn't drop Yann but can't see him playing 180+ minutes over both games... I trust the board and management can see just how thin the squad is...
    Prediction 4 pts from the two games but that's just wishful thinking...
  • Options
    My team for Derby

Button
    Solly
    Morrison
    Cort
    Edina

Green
    Hollands
    Stephens
    Jackson

Fuller
    Hamer

• Options
    Back five unchanged from the defence that finished on Friday, Evina on the bench.
    Green in for Pritchard, rest of the team unchanged.
    Fancy an improved performance (though i don't think we were anywhere near as bad as some on here have suggested) but the luck not with us right now so we lose to a late goal, 1-0
  • Options
    My team for Derby

Hamer
    Solly
    Morrison
    Cort
    Evina

Green
    Hollands
    Stephens
    Cook/Kerker

Fuller/BWP
    Kermorgant

Need to play with out & out wingers. Pritch & Jacko are not wingers & never will be. We got away with it in L1 as we were far superior to anybody else but in the championship we will get found out if we don't have any natural width. If green & Kerker/Cook can continuously put decent crosses in from the flanks, goals will come!!
  • Options
    Every now and again I get a really bad feeling about a game. I've got it about this one. If we concede early have a horrible feeling we could get spanked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My team for Derby

Button
    Solly
    Morrison
    Cort
    Edina

Green
    Hollands
    Stephens
    Jackson

Fuller
    Hamer

Rush goalie .. jumpers for goal posts ... marvelous !! hahahahahaha
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Every now and again I get a really bad feeling about a game. I've got it about this one. If we concede early have a horrible feeling we could get spanked.

i think i'll be thinking that most away games this season.
  • Options
    I had a dream in which we get our second win of the season. BWP gets a hat-trick and presents the match ball to Airman Brown...

• Options

My team for Derby

Button
    Solly
    Morrison
    Cort
    Edina

Green
    Hollands
    Stephens
    Jackson

Fuller
    Hamer

Rush goalie .. jumpers for goal posts ... marvelous !! hahahahahaha
    Only header on target last Friday
  • Options
    Easy win to us 0-3. C'mon! Let's be 'avin' you!!
  • Options
    There should be a few changes, as one or two are struggling to adapt to the quicker pace of the championship, not helped by a system that's leaving our full backs exposed. We need to make ourselves difficult to beat in this game, so I'd go for 4-4-1-1, with Fuller in behind Kermorgant. (No slight on BWP but Kermogant holds it up better and will provide Fuller with knock-downs). IMO we need to play the two banks of four which served us well last season, with Green on the right and Kerker on the left, both capable of putting in crosses for Kermorgant. (Both Pritchard & Jackson have struggled in the last two games, particularly at Forest. Evina at left back? Only if he has the protection of an orthodox left midfielder.

Will CP persist with the Diamond in midfield? Derby will base their game-plan on exploiting it, as their Chief Scout would have seen the last two games and noted the obvious weaknesses. CP will be a brave man to go with it again.

Happy with a draw and crucial to stop the bleeding.

• Options
    I'm guessing the only way to listen to the game tomorrow is via cafc player?
  • Options

I'm guessing the only way to listen to the game tomorrow is via cafc player?

Or if you live next door to Pride Park
  • Options
    Scheduled to be on BBC Radio London 94.9
  • Options
    2-0 Defeat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3-1 Derby
  • Options
    It's funny, just a week ago people reckoned we would stuff Palace and continue on up the table. Two bad results in a row and we're relegated if we don't shake everything up. I think this could go any way to be honest. Derby are a fairly inconsistent team capable of great results either way. Hopefully it'll be an indifferent Derby team who show up and we'll walk out with three points
  • Options
    My team:

Hamer

Solly
    Cort
    Morro
    Evina

Green/Wagstaff
    Hollands
    Stephens
    Kerkar/Cook

BWP
    Fuller

I'd suit my bench so we could move to a 4-5-1 easily.
  • Options
    Any idea on the identities of the rumoured triallists, Henry?
  • Options
    Derby spanked Watford and then disappointed at Huddersfield. Their fans will want another rout in their favour and may not be too happy if we take the lead. What is the betting Evina steps in and has a great game, Jackson has his best game so far to prove the doubters wrong, Green scores a wonder goal and our defence hold firm like a rock? Yep, no chance, 2-0 routine dull win for Derby.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Scheduled to be on BBC Radio London 94.9

Great news.

1-0 to us with a Yann header. This will be a tough,tough game but I reckon SCP will get them motivated after our unlucky result V the Nigels.
  • Options
    2-0 win, have hope!
  • Options
    I have no worries about Evina at left back and think he'll slot in comfortably if selected.

If Wagstaff isn't available then Green has to start ahead of Pritchard. Pritchard is a decent player and I'm a big fan of his, but he's not a right sided midfielder. His energy off the bench could also be crucial.

I'll go for a draw here and a win at Ipswich.
  • Options
    Pride restored with a 1-1 draw. Green to start, Evina LB, otherwise unchanged. Fuller to continue fitness plan with 20 minutes at the end.
  • Options
    According to BBC stats Derby have not kept a clean sheet in 6 league & cup games this season.

We however have the joint worst scoring record in the Championship with 4 goals