Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

American Sports

Do you ever feel a little sad that we don't have them?

Baseball, Basketball and NFL are all pretty exciting you have to admit, even if you don't like them. I don't know any of the rules to watch them on tv but feel we miss out a little. Any thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    Do you mean miss out as in being able to watch them in person? There is plenty of American Sports on TV if you have sky sports and ESPN
  • Options
    No, I'd never watch them now. I mean growing up with the culture I suppose.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    You need to see a doctor.
    Basketball is boring. how you can say that Baseball isnt a massive yawn is beyond me, and NFL , i have no idea what they are trying to achieve, oh and WWE, well, you can stick that right up where the sun doesnt shine- an insult to human intelligence.
    Dont see anything in American sports, and thats probably why they are only popular in the States.
    They can have them - dont want them here thank you very much.
    However, must admit, do like a bit of Ice Hockey, but i support the Toronto team - are they the OJays?.
  • Options
    The BBC now shows US Football on monday nights .. try 'the red button'
  • Options

Or not, as the case may be.
  • Options

tonight is Denver v Atlanta at 01.25 on the red button
  • Options
    I watch a lot of NFL in particular and I can assure you it's a tremendous game once you put the work in to learn the rules and watch enough to understand what each play is trying to achieve. As you say, it's all about what you grow up with though and most people won't put the work in to learn a new sport.
  • Options
    Love NFL, big Giants fan.
  • Options
    Hmmm. i could eat a Hot Dog right now = although i might pass on the other 65 !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I live in The States and have learned to like "Football" and Baseball. I still feel sorry for the kids who grow up here and never experience playing competitive soccer.
  • Options
    American footballs more like rugby league than union, baseball is a very hard version of cricket and basketball is netball with more running. Simples.

I love them personally, and I am a dbacks fan, a redwings fan, a patriots fan and a timberwolves fan all at the same time
  • Options
    EastStand said:

Patriots fan myself. Neither of our teams have got off to a great start. I wonder what the odds are for both teams to meet in the final again?
  • Options
    Senpai said:

EastStand said:

Patriots fan myself. Neither of our teams have got off to a great start. I wonder what the odds are for both teams to meet in the final again?
    I doubt the G men will get that far. Though I was shocked we did last year, so who knows. Ravens are strongly tipped to win the AFC, you have a fight on your hands there. I'd be happy to get at least 12-14 wins myself. Our running game needs an overhaul.
  • Options
    American sports are pants, thats why they have all the razzmatazz.....just like Palace. I hope to god that you don't pay to watch their wrestling.
  • Options
    NFL ftw! Go Cardinals and Ravens!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Live in Canada, swamped with North Ameriican sports coverage - dont really bother with any of them....BUT this one is absolutely friggin awesome!! The best women's sport bar none and should be in the Olympics....

My local team has enough Wouldya's? to keep Charlton Life busy for the next 12 months.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olGVuLiejDQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Options
    I live in California. Still a South London boy though. Love Charlton of course. But I'm also partial to NFL and Baseball which is my favorite. A very tactical game. 49ers and Giants (SF) are my teams.
  • Options
    saw both 49ers (NFL) and giants (baseball) when out visiting rob last year... plus the san jose sharks ice hockey team...

- hockey was a bit like 5 a side football and quite exciting
    - baseball bored me a little I must say...although taking the ferry over the bay from oakland to the stadium was pretty cool
    - but NFL was awesome... really enjoyed it.... guess I was always a 49ers fan from way back when channel 4 showed NFL in the eighties (superbowl XX onwards)... family in SF plus Jerry Rice doing his thing meant I developed a natural affinity

If I lived in N. America, I reckon I would go to American Football games regulalry
  • Options
    American sports would be ok if they didn't stop every 3 minutes to suit the dietary needs of the spectators watching them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would have said that, or something like it concerning advertising, before I watched NFL live.... but it was actually quite fast paced.... really!
  • Options
    I play American football here, and its a tough, passionate amazing game. Football is my first love but us football is a man's game believe me, I took a friend to practice once to see if he enjoyed it ans he was an Aussie that was a semi-pro boxer and played rugby to a very high standard, he said after he would never call it a pussys game again! I don't think we miss anything we've got tv! I've got my cafc and I get to smash up cocky yanks and loudmouth American wannabes on Sunday
  • Options
    EastStand said:

Go big Blue!

I went to a few Giants games at the old Meadowlands and the mudbath bowl at Wembley vs Miami.

They've had some great success lately but I'd swap it for those Phil simms & Lawrence Taylor days!!
  • Options
    I got into it a bit when we lived out there, but now have little interest, after all there's more then enough football to keep me happy.
  • Options
    Even if we did have them we haven't got the culture/systems in place to support them anyway. So much is based around college/university sports, with huge crowds. We're not set up that way and wouldn't want it that way either really.

Love watching NFL, used to love basketball too but rarely watch it now. Baseball I can't get in to.
  • Options
    I love baseball. Was in San Francisco a few weeks ago and watched a San Francisco giants game on tv, no one could call it boring if they'd watched that game. Giants were 6-2 down, got it bac to 6 all but eventually lost it 8-6 in the 11th innings. We enjoyed it so much we went to the game the next evening. Was a great night with a great atmosphere. Would recommend it to anyone.
  • Options
    NHL ice hockey is a great sport to watch live. Lived in Edmonton, Alberta at the time of Gretzky, Coffey, Messier, Semenko etc and it was the nuts.

NFL next for me-Packers.

Then baseball.

Just can't get into basketball.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    NFL - a massively frustrated NY Jets fan.

Was big into NBA growing up but not anymore (height of the Michael Jordan era).

NHL or MLB never got into.
  • Options

Baseball, Basketball and NFL are all pretty exciting you have to admit, even if you don't like them. I don't know any of the rules to watch them on tv but feel we miss out a little. Any thoughts.

rounders, netball and wimps rugby.

• Options

rounders, netball and wimps rugby.

Your username relate to how high you can count to?