Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace Ultras

Comments

• Options
    How the heck did they get all those fireworks into the Valley?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    On my 50 mile bike ride this morning I saw what can only be described as the most pathetic looking car in the world. I was cycling up to the top of Crystal palace hill at around 12:30ish and a run down Vauxhall Corsa passed me, it had red and blue stripes stuck all over it and scarfs stuck up inside that said Palace ultras. To make to worse it had Palace ultramobile stenciled on the back in blue and red - pathetic. I was tempted to throw my bike at the car in disgust.
  • Options
    You sure that wasn't the Palace team bus?
  • Options
    Spoke to a Palace fan today , he was very embarassed about this lot.
  • Options
    They did look silly all dressed in black and the fireworks were all wrong, but what ever else they do they got the fans singing and making more noise than I can remember at The Valley for years.

They out sung the North Stand and made it feel like they were the home team. Maybe that was because it is a local derby, but they created a fantastic atmosphere and I have to confess to being very impressed with that.
  • Options

They did look silly all dressed in black and the fireworks were all wrong, but what ever else they do they got the fans singing and making more noise than I can remember at The Valley for years.

They out sung the North Stand and made it feel like they were the home team. Maybe that was because it is a local derby, but they created a fantastic atmosphere and I have to confess to being very impressed with that.

True , they were a bit noisy , but do you think at Charlton we should have a 'North Stand Ultra Ultra's , and all dress in white for the away trip to Selhurst? :-0

• Options
    No. I would like the atmosphere without all the 'Football Factory' bull**** that goes with it.
  • Options

It's funny how they consider it to be the best atmosphere in the UK.

If they enjoy it let them get on with it, i much prefer Millwalls crowd. Fat 50 year olds, arms folded, looking miserable and spotty oiks trying to look hard. Real atmosphere.
    You say that, but considering most teams say we have one of the best atmospheres, your dig seems rather hollow. Admittedly, the very good atmospheres are becoming fewer.

• Options
    mate when do they say that anymore? your fanbase has lost any edge it has,hand on heart your nothing now
  • Options
    The dads have produced duds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Millwall's atmosphere for big games (eg - Charlton and West Ham) probably is up there with the very best. We saw exactly how it can directly affect both their team and the opposition when they thrashed us in 2010.

Like deers caught in the headlights!
  • Options
    They were loud in 2010, unlike the ultras the other night. You can say what you want about millwall but don't kid yourself that they can't produce an atmosphere.
  • Options
    sad to say i thought palace were very loud,most did.
  • Options
    Please can we stop the positive comments about Millwall and Palace. We need to say stupid negative derogatory things - were football supporters ffs.....
  • Options
    The old Den was pretty awesome for an intimidating atmosphere. The new stadium (not that it's that new anymore) just isn't the same.
  • Options

The old Den was pretty awesome for an intimidating atmosphere. The new stadium (not that it's that new anymore) just isn't the same.

This, plus I thought Palace were the loudest away fans I have heard at the Valley for a long, long time
  • Options

If they enjoy it let them get on with it, i much prefer Millwalls crowd. Fat 50 year olds, arms folded, looking miserable and spotty oiks trying to look hard. Real atmosphere.
    You say that, but considering most teams say we have one of the best atmospheres, your dig seems rather hollow. Admittedly, the very good atmospheres are becoming fewer.

not a dig, an observation. To me an atmosphere of simmering violence is not a good one.
    But here's something to mull over. For our Barnsley game i will be taking a 9 year old Millwall season ticket holder whose mum doesn't want him to go to the den anymore because of the `atmosphere'
  • Options
    lets not get too loved up with the spanners. that 4-0 game i thought their atmsophere was crap. load of 17 year olds going 'millllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll'

after about 5 minutes it became annoying more than intimidating.

granted it was better than our home atmsophere but thats hardly saying much.
  • Options

This, plus I thought Palace were the loudest away fans I have heard at the Valley for a long, long time
    really???? Norwich when they got promoted were much louder. Leeds when we won 1-0 were as well.

I was sat north lower for the palace game and visually they looked lively but vocally they were only good in parts.
  • Options

really???? Norwich when they got promoted were much louder. Leeds when we won 1-0 were as well.

I was sat north lower for the palace game and visually they looked lively but vocally they were only good in parts.
    Thank god for that, I thought it was just me. I guess it depends where you sit in the ground but no way were they the loudest for some time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They were one of the loudest, although Sheffield United last season were up there as well.
  • Options

That's just a lie, every Millwall fan i've spoken to recently has said how embarrassing it is down your place atmosphere wise, with some fans getting on Jacketts back etc etc
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Who cares whether the Nultras were loud, they damn well should be against their rivals when travelling away. The acoustics in the Jimmy Seed stand is one of the best in this leaque anyway and a lot of away fans admit this. We will make lots of noise at theirs don't worry about that. Having a goal disallowed and going one down is not gonna make any atmosphere good for a home side against its enemy.
  • Options
    Debating whether Millwall's or Palace's atmospheres are any good could only come from fans of a team who's atmospheres are complete rubbish.
  • Options

Thank god for that, I thought it was just me. I guess it depends where you sit in the ground but no way were they the loudest for some time.
    must be you and valley gary was in the lower myself nearly in tears at times

• Options
    edited September 2012
    weren't loud to me but then again i was plastered and my senses weren't really there fortunately
  • Options
    To be fair the Leeds and Norwich games were two and a half years ago. I would suggest that qualifies as 'some time'.

In the East stand, on the half way line, it sounded at least as loud as I remember Norwich or Leeds in 2010.
  • Options

To be fair the Leeds and Norwich games were two and a half years ago. I would suggest that qualifies as 'some time'.

In the East stand, on the half way line, it sounded at least as loud as I remember Norwich or Leeds in 2010.

Possibly Kings Hill, but I don't think they really got going until they were 1-0 ahead and confident we weren't getting back in it
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Jayajosh said:

Who cares whether the Nultras were loud, they damn well should be against their rivals when travelling away. The acoustics in the Jimmy Seed stand is one of the best in this leaque anyway and a lot of away fans admit this. We will make lots of noise at theirs don't worry about that. Having a goal disallowed and going one down is not gonna make any atmosphere good for a home side against its enemy.

Very true re Jimmy Seed, it may not be the best stand in this division but it has very good acoustics, only needs 500+ away fans to make a good atmosphere in there.
  • Options
    and the wind is usually a westerly which blows into the Covered end.