Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 13 for £19:99

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Not got access to the beta version but playing FM12 with a fanmade 12/13 patch until then.

Mixed results so far. Beat Anderlecht 3-1 at home in my final pre-season game but then lost 2-1 to Palace on the opening day. Just signed Shelvey on a season's loan from Liverpool which I'm very happy about.
  • Options
    Bought FM13 but not bothered to download it yet, as it will be riddled with bugs as usual. Speaking to Blackheath Addick yesterday, he has started playing it and has confirmed this. I'll wait until the final patch at the end of jan transfer window before I start to get into this.
  • Options
    I have it, fairly impressed to be honest (make sure you reset your PC after you first install it or your keyboard doesn't work in game) once I realised that it became a lot less frustrating!!!
  • Options
    FM would be brilliant if you could talk through a mic to change your tactics and all that etc. It's boring and repetitive flickering about all the time with a mouse or iPad.
  • Options
    might have to get this. im so skint that i can hardly afford to go out and get pished at weekends now. joys of being a homeowner eh ;)

without doubt the greatest game series of all time. spent so many hours playing this game. havent played it since the 09/10 season.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

FM would be brilliant if you could talk through a mic to change your tactics and all that etc. It's boring and repetitive flickering about all the time with a mouse or iPad.

Would drive me nuts if I kept having to talk at my computer
  • Options
    Can someone please tell me how long they waited for the email to send with the beta ? Just ordered it on amazon and waiting for the email ?
  • Options
    within 48 hours. got mine in 9 with grainger games
  • Options

within 48 hours. got mine in 9 with grainger games

Cheers, just wanna play it now !!
  • Options
    Holding back on buying FM 2013 , until i've won the Premiership more times than Sir Alex, up to the year 2024 on FM12.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012

Holding back on buying FM 2013 , until i've won the Premiership more times than Sir Alex, up to the year 2024 on FM12.

So the game is p!ss easy then.

• Options
    It's not an easy game at all. Give it a go and you'll see for yourself what kind of detail you need to put into it before you can be successful.

In my first season now (with CAFC of course) on the BETA and going well. Had a promising start to the season, only to have a mini-injury crisis. Slumped to 19th at the end of September but since Kermorgant and Wilson returned from their respective injuries, we ground out two successive 1-0 wins against Birmingham and Wolves and haven't looked back. Won 5 of my last 7 and now sitting nicely in 8th after 17 games. Gearing up for a fight for the play-off's, teams all the way down to 15th/16th aren't too far behind.

Beat West Brom in the League Cup too, pleased with that. And took Liverpool to penalties, but lost.

(There's been no crashes or noticeable bugs so far.)
  • Options
    I've been playing it for about 10 days now, the only bug i've found is when I view messages I cant scroll up and down using the arrows on my keyboard like I usually do. Not all the time but more often than not.

Been playing FM for years and year, always start with Charlton and always get sacked before the end of my first season.
    This year however....I'm top of the league by 4 points (up to mid November) although my last game I had Fuller and Kermo both get long term injurys so not sure how long I'll last at the top.
    No stroll in the park though, my brother also been playing it for a week and he is bottom, haha
  • Options
    Given up on my beta, pre ordered it last friday and still haven't been sent the email with the beta in it !!
  • Options
    When is it out?
  • Options
    Friday 12.01 ;)
  • Options
    FFS THEY SAID NOVEMEBER
  • Options

I've been playing it for about 10 days now, the only bug i've found is when I view messages I cant scroll up and down using the arrows on my keyboard like I usually do. Not all the time but more often than not.

Been playing FM for years and year, always start with Charlton and always get sacked before the end of my first season.
    This year however....I'm top of the league by 4 points (up to mid November) although my last game I had Fuller and Kermo both get long term injurys so not sure how long I'll last at the top.
    No stroll in the park though, my brother also been playing it for a week and he is bottom, haha

Load it up then quit, then restart computer and that should fix the whole keyboard problem.

FFS THEY SAID NOVEMEBER

It is, out on friday (2nd)
  • Options
    I think they've put a demo out now too, if you're wanting to get an early fix.
  • Options
    Playing the demo at the mo. Got to end of Sept and sitting 14th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Load it up then quit, then restart computer and that should fix the whole keyboard problem.

FFS THEY SAID NOVEMEBER

It is, out on friday (2nd)
    :D
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm doing alright as Charlton Manager so far 100% record.

I've signed Chris Martin on loan from Norwich for the season, had to pay 35k fee but I think you can probs get him for nothing.
    Ricardo Fuller is absolute toilet for me in my save, so have dropped him to reserves and signed Hulse on loan (can't get any worse)
    BWP for me is best played as an Inside Forward, he created lots of chances for other strikers and himself.

Is Fuller bad for anyone else? I have tried him as Poacher/Advanced Forward and Complete Forward, slightly at best in Advanced Forward but misses tons of chances :/

Overall imo the Charlton team are very decent, I am only 8 games In but it's looking promising.

Cheers all

• Options
    Getting this tomorrow what's our budget on it ?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It's about 100-150k.

My team's struggling now, we're just not picking up results despite good ratings. 15th with 11 games to play.

Oh yeah, and Fuller is pants for me too. Still hasn't scored a goal.
  • Options
    Ahh was hoping for more, who have been your best players?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hi mate, i started with £150k transfer budget, £113k p/w wage budget.
    You get some money from Jenkinson contract clause though not sure how much it was.
    The squad is pretty strong, just shame BWP and Fuller miss too many chances.
  • Options
    Does no one start in the lower leagues and earn it ;)
  • Options
    Was hoping fuller would be really good on it, looks like it will be free transfers again then.
  • Options

Was hoping fuller would be really good on it, looks like it will be free transfers again then.

He's rated as a lower Prem/top Championship player.
  • Options

It might just be my save, let us know how Fuller does for you.