Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn Post-Match News & Views 2012

Comments

• Options
    Can't believe we didn't get the win. Battered them. Blackburn were pony. Can't believe there so high in the league. Once again we done a job on Rhodes.

Couldnt name a bad player today. Thought Wilson played very well too. Green was quality. If we would have had ricky or yann we would have done them today.
  • Options
    It was a 1-1 thrashing. Simple as that.
    Murphy was awful as was Pederson .
    It's hard to tell if we were good or they were that bad.
    Impressive none the less.
  • Options

Can't believe we didn't get the win. Battered them. Blackburn were pony. Can't believe there so high in the league. Once again we done a job on Rhodes.

Couldnt name a bad player today. Thought Wilson played very well too. Green was quality. If we would have had ricky or yann we would have done them today.

Sums it up pretty well I think, though I don't think Blackburn were that bad, though definitely second best out there today! A big lump/target man would have been very nice out there, a couple of crosses from Wislon/Green/Kerkar just begging for Kermo/Ricardo to attack them. That said BWP worked his todgers off up front on his own, not his natural style at all but did his very best.
  • Options
    Robinson MOTM. We battered them, they were slow, boring and didn't create many chances.

Looked offside their goal, we had another that could well have been given, would have been a win on another day but 1-1 good none the less. Would have been heartbrekaing to lose that.

Robinson, Kerkar, Green best on pitch today. Needed big Ric uptop late on.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Will be interesting to see if the shot that Robinson saved off the line actually went over as it certainly looked like it from our seats. Excellent performance and disappointed not to get all 3 points.

I don't think it did.
  • Options

Sounds as though it was a good scrapping performance .. how bad is JJ's injury ?

Not really. It was a good footballing performance.

• Options
    I thought it was good and would have been happy with a point before the game but thought today we were capable of winning. Green was excellent, but was also impressed with Wilson and Kerkar, who didn't look good last time I saw them. Whole team seemed to be playing for something today - passing was much crisper and we must have dominated possession. Missed the Leicester game so still waiting for a home win, but this was so much better than Hull or the Nigels. Joked with a mate about putting on a bet on us havnig another good goal disallowed, but didn't do it. Will be gutted if it did cross the line.
    Felt sorry for BWP, too isolated, there's no point in sending him long balls when there's no one else there. But overall, much happier fan today and looking forward to Watford now.
  • Options
    Definitely deserved to get all 3 points today , especially with Fuller being "unavailable" ...

Thought our midfield was immense - best game I've seen from Stevens & Hollands for some time and there's no way the revitalised Danny Green can be left out of the team.

Echo other posters' comments re the back 4. Very solid and all did what it says on the tin...with knobs on .

As for Hamer...Like Rhodes, forgot he was playing !

If the lads can reproduce that performance on Tues night , I'll be a happy Fanny ( as opposed to a disappointed one) and not too worried about missing the game at Bloomfield Rd next Saturday .
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Blacburn were there for the taking. Thought we were a little too cautious and respectful at times, rather like Hull at home.

Ref and lino disappointing. Ref Deadman failed to play advantage on at least 3 occasions. Didn't get cards out when he should.

Be surprised if replays show their goal wasn't 2ft offside, and for our goal not given the ball was a yard over the line. Fans and players should have gone mental for that and we might have gotten it!
  • Options

Sounds as though it was a good scrapping performance .. how bad is JJ's injury ?

Not really. It was a good footballing performance.

cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agree with most of the above and we looked far better with five in midfield. Well done SCP for making the change (forced or not).

There was some attractive and high quality football played against a good side on a lovely sunny afternoon.Thought the gate was disappointing at this stage of the season as was the general level of anticipation/excitement going into the match. We would have given anything for a fixture like this last season.

Most importantly we can sigh a huge sigh of relief because even though Blackburn never got out of second gear we have the ability and quality to survive at this level barring any more injuries to key players.

Green was excellent and has managed to add tackling to his repertoire since last season. Wilson is good but not a natural right-back and BWP is very good but not the ideal target man for endless high deliveries . My only slight worry was Kerkar who despite one or two lovely moments of skill looked a bit peripheral and failed to deliver much. Pity Waggy can't use his left foot.
  • Options
    If fanny's happy then I am too! Sorry not to be there, tho I can remember when a 1-1 draw with Blackburn was as exciting as damp batter.
  • Options
    Bless, Wheresmeticket ? !
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Good result although Jackson's 100% record from the penalty spot is now over :(

Thats at least the third penalty missed for us in all competitions

• Options

I know I will get shot down for this but found the chants about Murphy's wife very tasteless. We are not millwall!!

Agree with this. Not sure why we had to chant something about his missus.

Back to the football. When Blackburn scored their goal I thought we might struggle especially with Fuller missing but the longer the game went on the more fight we showed. We definitely had the more clear cut chances and kept Rhodes' chances to a minimum. I have to make a special mention Wilson as I was not convinced by his first couple of performances but he seems to be improving with each game. Overall another well earned point which could easily have been 3 if BWP's overhead kick had not been tipped over, and Greens shot had not hit the post. Feels like we are starting to get used to the bigger teams in the championship and the fear of struggling has dissipated! Bring on the Hornets!

• Options
    Just watched the goasls and the penalty on Sky Sports, wrong angle to judge their goal but did not look off side to me, Jackson definetly the scorer of ours, deflecting the ball into the net off his face.

But the shock news from Sky Sports News is ... Michael Morrisson is black
  • Options
    I must add that it did not look the most convincing penalty ever taken from my seat in the North Lower. I can't help thinking Stephens/Hollands/BWP/Fuller may all have eyes on official penalty duties at this rate! (Though Jackson continues to look far better/more useful in the middle than as a winger.)
  • Options
    We were the better side and I think with Fuller or Kerms fit we would've had all 3 points.

Blackburn looked poor tbh, but we played well, our players looked alot more comfortable than they did the last time I saw them 2 weeks ago hopefully a sign they are getting used to this level. Hollands had his best game at this level and Green and Kerkar caused them problems. Add in this Razzak bloke and who knows hopefully NRC and Hulse (if what someone on here said is true) up front and we'll have a decent squad to fight with this season.

Defintley need a few more options from the bench as we needed the extra striker today but don't have one, Haynes must be injured again. Hopefully we'll carry on today into Tuesday where we could do with a good 3 points against a team who are around the same level as us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Missed? Could've sworn Robinson got a lucky foot to it.
  • Options
    Don't think the off-the-line/over-the-line chance would have counted anyway as I thought the referee gave a free kick for a foul in the lead up to that chance?
  • Options
    Thought it was a really good team performance. Disagree with the criticism of Kerkar - thought he had a good game. Cort and Morro were immense.

Feel sorry for BWP - he's not a 'lone striker'.
  • Options
    Very encouraging performance and unlucky not to take all 3 points. Excellent performances from the likes of cort, green and solly and thought kerker showed some great touches. We just need to build on it with a win on tuesday night
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Haynes was in the lower west and "hamstring" was his explanation. If he plays more than a month without a tweak I'll eat my own. Very sad really he has got talent but never going to fulfil it.

On to the game, thought our 3 cm controlled the game everyone stepped up their game. Green Solly Hollands stood out and the back 4 rock solid. BWP worked so hard but was largely cut adrift. Blackburn so negative got a point more than they deserved.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Saga Lout said:

Kap10 said:

Missed? Could've sworn Robinson got a lucky foot to it.
    OK, not converted
  • Options
    I was very impressed by Kerkar in the second half - a good addition to the squad.
  • Options
    According to the OS, kerkar also went off injured, we could be a bit short on numbers on Tuesday...
  • Options
    I do hate match reports that actually barely report what happened in the match.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Posting without reading as usual.

Before the match I posted that I would take a point right now. By the end I was slightly disappointed not to have three! That is a real compliment to our team who, to a man, put in a real performance against a decent side at this level with one fit senior striker.

I don't really want to single out individuals for the reason just given but as a "Waggy man" must give due recognition to Danny Green for his performance today. By far the best I've seen from him. Anyone who calls BWP lazy today can't have been there. 4-5-1 is not a formation that suits his style but he ran his wotsits off and, but for Robinson remembering he was an England goalkeeper once upon a time with a superb save, would have won it for us with that overhead kick at the death.

If we play like that every week we will stay up.

As for Murphy I hate the little sh**, particularly when he was in Deadman's ear all afternoon, but that song crossed a line.

*Awaits predictable this is football go to the opera jibes*