Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

where is the Fuller thread ??.................censorship strikes on CL

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
looks like the Fuller thread has been taken off.................the truth IS out there.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    The trust is out there @castrust

Edit - oooohhh changed just in time
  • Options
    Never see a Fulker thread meself like.
  • Options
    Aint got a clue what thread you mean there are a few if you search on google
  • Options
    Me know nuffing.
  • Options
    How about you ask for your money back then Golfie if you're so pissed off?
  • Options

looks like the muller thread has been taken off.................the truth IS out there.

No-one likes pot pudding rice anymore 'tis true! Ambrosia all the way for me.
  • Options
    He means the thread that said he was done for drink driving NLA, the one you commented on about thirty times.
  • Options
    Nah not me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's not censorship Golfie, its called moderating judgement and protecting individuals.

The story may well be true. However, it was.started.on nothing more stronger than 'i heard someone say', and I've spent most of my Saturday night trying to contact others who would provide a bit more comfort to me that it was true, and none have been able to.

As a result, I reluctantly have to protect the forum, and the individual who started.it on here. Because if it is not true, then that person could be in serious trouble without realising it, as it is a serious accusation against someone's character. Despite what the person who first posted though, there is no difference.between posting on a forum or a piece in a newspaper. Once you press send, you are publishing and you are the author responsible.

If it was true, i'd feel pretty disgusted with the club for lying to protect someone who let down his manager, club and profession the night before a game.
  • Options
    Btw, if it.does turn out to be true, then of course we'll reopen it.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

If it was true, i'd feel pretty disgusted with the club for lying to protect someone who let down his manager, club and profession the night before a game.

I'm not sure I agree to be honest. I think it would be in the clubs best interest to keep it a secret for the benefit of the employee in question.

I don't think I'd be very pleased if my employer decided to disclose something personal about me, that didn't affect my ability to fulfil my contractual obligations, to the company's customers.

There might even be a legal responsibility for the company not to disclose it.

Either way I would be worried for he employee's attitude if the club decided to make it public.

I completely agree, however, with the decision to close the thread.
  • Options
    Personally I think this thread should be binned as well, just because that would really get Golfies goat!
    ;o)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    "."
  • Options

I don't think I'd be very pleased if my employer decided to disclose something personal about me, that didn't affect my ability to fulfil my contractual obligations, to the company's customers.

Except *if true* then it did affect his ability to fulfil contractual obligations as *if true* that would be the reason why he didn't play today.

Anyway, er, isn't this thread now becoming the other one all over again? *sink*
    Sorry, you obviously have more information than I do about the allegation. I was speaking hypothetically.
  • Options
    I meant if whatever hypothetical scenario you were referring to was true, it could be anything... I don't agree with all this speculating about something so serious that at the moment appears to be not true anyway, and I appear to have contributed to the speculation. Oops. Deleted.
  • Options
    Although you've quoted me too so I can't delete. Oh well, all I meant was, I don't think something as serious as the earlier allegations could be considered to not affect any professional footballers ability to perform their contractual obligations... but with no evidence and with Powell speaking so emphatically about the virus and the situation around it (him turning up looking sick, player's not knowing they were playing till 1.30, etc.) then I suspect it is all bollocks and we shouldn't be discussing it here.

Sorry AFKA/everyone, didn't mean to restart anything. Feel free to nuke any of my posts which look like I'm encouraging this particular debate!
  • Options
    Thank you AFKA for clearing that up for me & thank you for taking the time to find out if the rumour was true. feel free to now close this thread
  • Options
    I feel sorry for Danny having to do this, I wouldn't and I'm pretty sure other football forums don't bother. But then I guess they end up getting shut down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thank you AFKA for clearing that up for me & thank you for taking the time to find out if the rumour was true. feel free to now close this thread

Yes well done Daniel for taking time out of your life to give an explanation so golfie understood. He can sleep well tonight and so can you.

• Options
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, is this a yoga moment?
  • Options
    Too late...
  • Options

Too late...

You can still see the first couple of lines of the original post/thread if you google it. LOL

• Options
    well done AFKA we al understand the legals and protecting the site is the number 1 prioity

so was he pissed them ?
  • Options

Too late...

You can still see the first couple of lines of the original post/thread if you google it. LOL

who moderates google searches?
  • Options
    I have no idea what the rumour is but on the OS he had a illness?
  • Options

Too late...

Obviously not AFKA but is interesting that he prevents the thread from being read yet the damaging accusation is there for all to see when using google.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Too late...

Obviously not AFKA but is interesting that he prevents the thread from being read yet the damaging accusation is there for all to see when using google.
    The duty of care of the site moderators is to do what is reasonable to prevent spread of the accusation, defamation or whatever you want to call it and AFKA has done that.

It's up to Google, not AFKA, what they do.
  • Options

Too late...

who would the legal issues be with? seeing as it has been deleted from c/life but the crux of the thread can be seen on a google search.