Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

where is the Fuller thread ??.................censorship strikes on CL

13»

Comments

• Options
    I think the biggest pointer to it not being true were Chrissy's words on his absence - he would have used a different set of words if it were true IMO.
  • Options

I think the biggest pointer to it not being true were Chrissy's words on his absence - he would have used a different set of words if it were true IMO.

I trust this will be the case becuase if it is true and we were provided with the "illness" excuse it will leave a sour taste.
  • Options
    I think you underestimate Chris' powers of being economical with the truth.
  • Options
    Spot on Muttley. Very much doubt CP would lie on such an important matter, particularly one that would be easily disproved by public record.
  • Options
    Maybe Fuller had a virus?
    Just a thought, that's all.
  • Options
    I heard he had the sh1ts all night - hence the need to keeo him away from the squad (very contagious) and the confidence he could well be back for Tues (they dont call em 24 hour bugs for nothing).
  • Options
    As I said on another thread seen at sparrows lane this morning having shooting practise must be over his virus .Someone proberly said fullers been sent home ill then he said proberly drunk the someone's over heard that put 2 &2 together and got 5 .Just a thought.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Being economical with the truth is not saying more than you have to - which certainly would have been the case for Chrissy had the rumour been true.

• Options
    A little drop of alcohol did George Best no harm in his playing career (allegedly ) and I wish Fuller was that good, talent wise. If it is true (which I doubt), it will all be forgotten after his hattrick tomorrow night.
  • Options
    Reading through this thread, it seems that the "I overheard someone saying" rumour has become a fact, with an outside possibility that there maybe a virus. Its actually the other way round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The truth shall set us free
  • Options
    I dont pretend to know the law inside out, but when my cousin got caught drink driving, they arrested him on the spot, and banned him from driving until after the formal charges had been made, as we had to go pick him up. Maybe there are certain circumstances in which you are or aren't allowed to drive home?
  • Options

WSS said:

Being economical with the truth is not saying more than you have to - which certainly would have been the case for Chrissy had the rumour been true.

Agree, you'd only be economical with the truth if you thought there was a fair chance that it wasn't going to come to light later. Apart from the fact that he wouldn't do such a thing, a good guy club hero wouldn't want to be exposed as a liar about such a serious matter - and let's be clear if it was true, this will be in the public domain before long. What would be the point of sending him home, if there was a cover up? Absolutely nothing in this story the more you think about it.

• Options
    Well the arrest of a former centre-back was covered up pretty well a few years ago and I would have thought it would have been even harder to do so, as we were in the Prem.
  • Options
    Some people really can't take the hint and SHUT UP can they. It is difficult enough for the moderatorors on here without people completely ignoring their instructions/wishes not to talk about this.
    Their only other ecourse is to ban people who can't shut up and nobody wants that.
  • Options
    FFS - Classic CL.

A rumour pops up - then people start squabbling over the probable facts of something that probably hasn't even happened.

• Options
    I did a google on Fuller and saw he has 'previous' for Driving offences although not drink driving.

I suspect someone has known this and put 2 and 2 together and made 7.

This is what wiki says about him.

Fuller was raised by his grandmother in the volatile Tivoli Gardens section of Kingston, Jamaica. Fuller was arrested on 25 February 2009 on suspicion of driving offences. He later pleaded guilty to driving without a UK licence and was fined and handed three penalty points.

Fuller was arrested on 7 February 2010 on suspicion of assault. He was not faced with any charges over the incident. With his football earnings, Fuller was able to rebuild his grandmother's house after it was destroyed in early 2010 due to the riots in Jamaica.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    redman said:

Some people really can't take the hint and SHUT UP can they. It is difficult enough for the moderatorors on here without people completely ignoring their instructions/wishes not to talk about this.
    Their only other ecourse is to ban people who can't shut up and nobody wants that.

• Options

I dont pretend to know the law inside out, but when my cousin got caught drink driving, they arrested him on the spot, and banned him from driving until after the formal charges had been made, as we had to go pick him up. Maybe there are certain circumstances in which you are or aren't allowed to drive home?

Yes he would have been arrested straight away. He might have still been over the limit when he left the station so that's why he couldn't drive straight away.
    He would not have actually been banned from driving, only a judge can ban you after you've been found guilty.
  • Options
    Just shut up and drive drive drive
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Until convicted you can drive, but they do try to get you in court as quickly as possible, sometimes even the next morning. You'd be amazed at the number of people who drive to court and get nicked straight afterwards for driving back home again.
  • Options
    redman said:

Grrr argh I'm all angry!

Pretty sure Ricardo is innocent. I have never seen a guilty Ricardo.
  • Options
    Maybe someone put to + two together from his name

riCARdo FULLER(s pride)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    With all due respect; this thread is plain stupid.

Someone overheard someone who made the allegation. Only on CL could the possibility of someone making a private joke with someone else lead to this kind of drama.

So we have an eye witness who saw him leave by DRIVING his car but instead were going to listen to an overheard snippet of conversation (most likely out of context) and help spread the rumour and fan the fire.

The moderators do the good thing and clean this idiocy up only for it to re-arise; the clue is its been removed once.

The seriousness of the allegations, the lack of real evidence, and the fact that someone's character being on the line all make this thread silly.

It's like the Evina twitter situation all over again. Jumping to conclusions, adding 2+2 together and getting 7, risking someones reputation and generally worrying about things which are non-facts.