Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley / the glades.

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    To put a bit of meat on the bones, he walked past me on the train as I was texting my wife i'd be home soon, and doubled back after a minute or so. I was sitting in a "4" on a SE train (you know what I mean" and he sat diagonally opposite me. Baring in mind the train is mostly empty my spideysenses tingled immediately so I tucked my phone away in my inside pocket of my coat. 

"Eyy what phone you got bruv? Lemme see your phone, yeah?"

"Just some Android. Why, you looking for advice?"

"Nah fam I see your phone yeah and I think I like it"

"I can tell you the make and model and what deal I got from EE if you want"

"Nah but the thing is, yeah, I want YOUR phone"

"Ok cool so here's the deal, you're what, 13 years old?"

"14 bruv"

Ok cool so 14, and you think I'm gonna give you my phone cos you asked for it"

"Nah see I'm telling you"

"And I'm telling you, no" 

At this point he grabs my rucksack opposite me on my chair and starts going through it, all it has in it is a notebook, some pens, my half eaten lunch and a water bottle

"This is pathetic fam, what do you call this?"

As he's pulling out some random things

"My lunch"

He throws a half eaten sandwich on the floor

"So you ain't gonna let me see your phone fam"

"No I don't think so, fam"

He looks around a couple of times, realises we're pulling into a station, drops my bag on the seat and gets up, says "I'll be seeing you soon yeah" and gets off the train, and as we pull away I watch him jump the barrier and head off away from the station.

Pretty surreal tbh, and something that I can pretty vividly remember 
    Sounds like you got away with one there. Could have easily pulled a knife on you.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    To put a bit of meat on the bones, he walked past me on the train as I was texting my wife i'd be home soon, and doubled back after a minute or so. I was sitting in a "4" on a SE train (you know what I mean" and he sat diagonally opposite me. Baring in mind the train is mostly empty my spideysenses tingled immediately so I tucked my phone away in my inside pocket of my coat. 

"14 bruv"

At this point he grabs my rucksack opposite me on my chair and starts going through it, all it has in it is a notebook, some pens, my half eaten lunch and a water bottle

"My lunch"

He looks around a couple of times, realises we're pulling into a station, drops my bag on the seat and gets up, says "I'll be seeing you soon yeah" and gets off the train, and as we pull away I watch him jump the barrier and head off away from the station.

That kid won't stay out of jail. What's a Fam?
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    sam3110 said:

"14 bruv"

"My lunch"

That kid won't stay out of jail. What's a Fam?

Family. Slang.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

"14 bruv"

"My lunch"

Sorry but,
    he would have been told to fuck off and the minute he touched my bag he would have been going through the carriage with my boot up his arse.
    trouble is that could be after he'd stuck a knife in you .. situations need to be VERY carefully assessed before any action is taken .. not cowardice, just sensible

Of course.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

"14 bruv"

"My lunch"

Sorry but,
    he would have been told to fuck off and the minute he touched my bag he would have been going through the carriage with my boot up his arse.
    Is it really worth the risk of arrest and a criminal record for assaulting a minor?
    Or getting stabbed
  • Options
    Surely one of the first question Sam should have asked was what branch of his family they had in common.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely one of the first question Sam should have asked was what branch of his family they had in common.
    Having just re-read the thread, I’m now clear that it was in fact his brother.

my mum always told me to share nicely with my brother - maybe that approach would have avoided such unpleasantness.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

"14 bruv"

"My lunch"

Sorry but,
    Lol ok mate.

Classic conflict resolution, I maintained an even tone, held eye contact, didn't react to his provocations, talked to him in a calm, but firm voice and kept open body language.

More street wise, my arse

Fair enough. Did you report it to the Police?
  • Options
    Nope, no point, they can't catch actual criminals when they're right in front of their faces, no chance they'll do anything about some yoof in all black skipping train fares and asking what phone you have
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    It's not a competition. @sam3110 dealt with it how he felt comfortably. Glad he shared the story without jazzing it up to make himself look proper 'ard too.
    Good point what IF he had pulled a knife out could of got nasty.
  • Options

To me it seems that he was just trying to intimidate him. Showing you aren't afraid is probably why he jumped off at the next stop. Chances of him having a knife and intending to use it to steal a phone on a train filled with CCTV is pretty slim.
  • Options

To me it seems that he was just trying to intimidate him. Showing you aren't afraid is probably why he jumped off at the next stop. Chances of him having a knife and intending to use it to steal a phone on a train filled with CCTV is pretty slim.
    Your probably right.
  • Options
    Just reminds me of the saying is that evil prospers when the good do nothing. 
  • Options
    Not the most street wise set of protocols. You would have:

- Beaten the lad up yourself you said
    - Advised Sam to have pressed the train alarm
    - Reported this to the police

• Options
    I’d adopt the Liam Neeson approach. “ I have a very particular set of skills, I will find you and I will kill you” 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Not the most street wise set of protocols. You would have:

- Beaten the lad up yourself you said
    - Advised Sam to have pressed the train alarm
    - Reported this to the police

My initial response to his request for my phone would probably be a 'you must be fucking joking, now fuck off'.
    Where it goes from there is up to him.*
    I assume the train alarm is there for this sort of thing, so yes.
    Yes i would have reported it to the Police.

*I'm not in the habit of beating up 14 year olds but there is no way i'm handing my phone over to a 'lad'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

"14 bruv"

"My lunch"

Sorry but,
    Funny how the people who weren’t there always say stuff like this, but the people it happens to never do. That’s because people love chatting a big game but ultimately people die in these situations so chances are you’d do exactly the same as he did. 
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    sam3110 said:

"14 bruv"

"My lunch"

Sorry but,
    Funny how the people who weren’t there always say stuff like this, but the people it happens to never do. That’s because people love chatting a big game but ultimately people die in these situations so chances are you’d do exactly the same as he did. 

I doubt it.
  • Options
    Absolutely no telling, so no reason to judge each other. 
    When i was burgled i was in guilt and shock for 3 or 4 days. All the things i could have done/ should have done but actually i did the right thing (which was nothing) but it took days to realise that.

A change in the law could be helpful and may come one day where adults are allowed or even required to intervene in certain public situations where under 16s are involved in anti-social or threatening behaviour.  Then it might be ok to show some pre-emptive aggression like in the situation Sam found himself.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    In an ideal world the little prick would have got a well deserved kicking and eventually he'll get one as he'll pick on the wrong person one day
  • Options
    Actions demand consequences. All the time youths or adults for that matter don’t suffer the consequences commensurate with their actions things will continue to get worse. At this point I think the consequences need a significant review. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I think the young lad in question will get his comeuppance  one day, what comes round goes round, just pleased you came out of it ok.
  • Options
    Hopefully the scrote will get stabbed soon. 
  • Options
    I Remember watching a programme about shop lifters a few years back , security guard chased a fella down the road who had nicked a bottle of booze , wrestled him to floor causing the bottle to break this punctured a artery in the the shoplifter and he died , security found himself in court charged with his death , thankfully he didnt go down for it but i bet that experience will stay with him .  
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    sam3110 said:

"14 bruv"

"My lunch"

Sorry but,

• Options
    My parents always told me to hand over my phone in Sam's situation. A phone can be replaced. However I'm not sure if I would take that advice on board if I find myself in that situation. Depends on the fam trying it on I guess.