Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley / the glades.

124»

Comments

• Options
    I might have said, 'remember there are cameras here, and when you stab me to death I will die knowing I have enough of your DNA on me to send you away for a long time, fam'.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Ideally, apprehend the lad and tell his father what he has done.
    However, I guess the lad has probably never met him.
    Do enlighten us
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    R0TW said:
    Ideally, apprehend the lad and tell his father what he has done.
    However, I guess the lad has probably never met him.
    Do enlighten us

I just Googled the correlation between absent father's and the prison population. The figure stated (2013) is 76%. 
    That's an incredible statistic.
  • Options
    A huge percentage of the prison population were brought up in the care system.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Not having that.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    R0TW said:
    seth plum said:
    Not having that.
    Click the link above - it's a few years old but it will allow you to assess Plum's definition of "huge". 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had to go there yesterday none of the fucking escalators were working anywhere. Counted 8 separate ones including on stores out of service.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Correct.  https://fullfact.org/crime/were-quarter-prisoners-care-children/#:~:text=According%20to%20the%20CSJ%3A,Reoffending%20by%20ex%2Dprisoners'.
  • Options
    Had to go there yesterday none of the fucking escalators were working anywhere. Counted 8 separate ones including on stores out of service.

Preparing for this Friday to stop the little f****** running away quicker.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    seth plum said:
    Not having that.
    Click the link above - it's a few years old but it will allow you to assess Plum's definition of "huge". 
    Is about a quarter huge? About 3% of the population of children are presently in the care system, but eight times that number in the prison system. Seems huge to me.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    R0TW said:
    seth plum said:
    Not having that.
    Is about a quarter huge? About 3% of the population of children are presently in the care system, but eight times that number in the prison system. Seems huge to me.
    I haven’t said whether I think it is or isn’t, as it’s subjective. I’ve put a link to enable people to make their own subjective opinion. 
  • Options
    Interesting read.
    The reason for my comment was that all who I have known to have gone to prison, none of them had been in care.
    Saying that, just thought of one.
    Still no where near 25%, but the only two people I know who had been in care, one had been to prison
    So, 50% strike rate on that score.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    R0TW said:
    seth plum said:
    Not having that.
    If the care system was a 50/50 split with regards of the child’s sex, and the assumption males are more likely to end up in prison, then that x8 could be even greater.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    FFS Sam. We're all thinking it, but no-one has got the balls to ask you. So I will. 

What type of train was it? 
    Class 465 networker
  • Options
    Waiting for a 96 bus, just had somebody trying to get money out of me for a taxi/seeing his wife/alcohol.

Annoyingly the bus didn't turn up for 30 minutes so there was too much time for things to keep going to and from. 

So much can depend on your current mood. I was quite relaxed as have been telling myself off for drinking and being too aggressive/hyper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Waiting for a 96 bus, just had somebody trying to get money out of me for a taxi/seeing his wife/alcohol.

Annoyingly the bus didn't turn up for 30 minutes so there was too much time for things to keep going to and from. 

So much can depend on your current mood. I was quite relaxed as have been telling myself off for drinking and being too aggressive/hyper.
    I'm going to regret this but ....  the 96 bus appears to run from Bluewater to Woolwich.
    The closest it gets to Bromley is Bexleyheath/Welling.
    Why is this post on the Bromley/Glades thread?
    I think I know the answer(s) tbh.
    https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/route/96/
  • Options
    mendonca said:

I'm going to regret this but ....  the 96 bus appears to run from Bluewater to Woolwich.
    TBH, the bus route was the least of the questions I had after reading this earlier.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Fair point - apologies.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

The driver got lost.