Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

American President election 2012

Comments

• Options
    Anyone know what sort of time (GMT) the result is likely to be known ?
  • Options
    Obama will win this .. with no real drama .. the voting will be close but 'the system' will show a handsome victory margin.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Another gaffe from Romney

Romney has said it’s “fair” for him to pay a lower tax rate than a worker making $50,000, despite making nearly $14 million last year.

http://act.watchdog.net/petitions/1818?n=2733908.AWwti5

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/13221476-romney-family-buys-voting-machines-through-bain-capital-investment
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Depends how close it is. Somewhere between 2 a.m. and 4 is my guess. I'll be watching it after the Cardiff match.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Hi Baron - quite emphatic views there and a few WTF! comments too (to the majority of us).
    Can I ask, do you have an attachment to Libya in any way as you seem quite passionate on the subject.

Not digging you out or anything, just wondered.

Of course not. I am just making the point that almost certainly things are not as they seem. Propaganda rules the roost but thorough research can see past it. Western goverments are equally as bad if not worse than others. At least people seem to be researching which is a good thing.
  • Options

Did you watch any of those fucking Republican arse clowns in their so called Primary debates? They were fucking itching to get into Libya with boots on the ground and desperately trying to outdo each other with who could be more aggressive towards Iran.

Ron Paul didn't. He talked common sense . Wanted to end the wars and protect American borders. He wanted to end the corruption and stand up for the rights and liberty of American citizens.Neither the republicans or democrats want that. They media laughed at him. The medias job is to dumb down the American people and spoon feed them propaganda. Its so obvious .

Yep, so true. And what was the response of the knuckle dragging scum in the audience? They booed him and the Fox News crowd derided him openly.

Ron Paul is batshit crazy on some issues but on foreign policy he tells it like it is and that makes the rest of the right-wing nutters absolutely mad as hell.

Remember, these are the people who booed a serving US army soldier - an Iraq War vet no less - because he was gay and wanted to be treated equally.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/09/debate-crowd-booed-gay-soldier/

Utter, utter scum.

What is basically happening with the Republicans is what happened to the UK Labour Party between 1979-1987 when they were overtaken by the extremists in the party and totally abandoned the centre ground.

Since Bush won in 2000 the Republicans have gone ever further to the right, even Bush senior would no longer fit in the party and neither would Reagan. Both raised taxes and that is simply not allowed under Grover Norquist's Republican regime.

Did you watch any of those fucking Republican arse clowns in their so called Primary debates? They were fucking itching to get into Libya with boots on the ground and desperately trying to outdo each other with who could be more aggressive towards Iran.

Ron Paul didn't. He talked common sense . Wanted to end the wars and protect American borders. He wanted to end the corruption and stand up for the rights and liberty of American citizens.Neither the republicans or democrats want that. They media laughed at him. The medias job is to dumb down the American people and spoon feed them propaganda. Its so obvious .

Yep, so true. And what was the response of the knuckle dragging scum in the audience? They booed him and the Fox News crowd derided him openly.

Ron Paul is batshit crazy on some issues but on foreign policy he tells it like it is and that makes the rest of the right-wing nutters absolutely mad as hell.

Remember, these are the people who booed a serving US army soldier - an Iraq War vet no less - because he was gay and wanted to be treated equally.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/09/debate-crowd-booed-gay-soldier/

Utter, utter scum.

What is basically happening with the Republicans is what happened to the UK Labour Party between 1979-1987 when they were overtaken by the extremists in the party and totally abandoned the centre ground.

Since Bush won in 2000 the Republicans have gone ever further to the right, even Bush senior would no longer fit in the party and neither would Reagan. Both raised taxes and that is simply not allowed under Grover Norquist's Republican regime.
    Some good interesting points there . Ron Paul is not realistic on some policies but what he did offer was change and that can not be allowed to happen. Foreign policy rules and any challenges to it will not be given a platform to speak to the nation imo. So despite the all the rhetoric on national issues its the foreign policy that will not be changed by Republicans or Democrats as they have the same agenda. The American people are not getting to hear all he options. Anyway I think Obomba will get back in.:)
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIhy1zbrb9M&feature=related

Little girl upset by bronco bama and mitt romney.
  • Options
    10. "I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love." –Mitt Romney (January 2012)
  • Options
    Having a convo on twitter with a female Romney voter who's bio is "An Independent voter who supports gay rights & a woman's right to choose."

I ask her:

So you want to vote for someone who doesn't respect women?

So she says:

Why b/c he doesn't want the govt to pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control? I surely would never vote for a racist like #Obama!

So I reply:

LULZ WTF. How is he a racist? If Romney gets in he will take away womens rights to choose which I thought you cared about? #twat

So she replies:

Are you kidding? "Typical white person" comments & his wife's racist thesis as well as racist friends like Rev Wright.

I reply:

Wheres your proof? Or are you all going on propaganda? Seriously, do you want to **** you country up big time? Think about it.

My hope in humanity is gone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mate, you are wasting your time. They are all Nut-ters.
  • Options
    Crumbs, just read the last two posts. Not read any of he others, but that is enough to know why the US can only return one candidate.
  • Options
    First results in. Some place in New Hampshire with 10 (ten) voters. First time ever the votes been tied there.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Who won

Not in new Hampshire when is it all over
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    As you may know, I like a stat.
    Hitherto, there have been 6 US Presidential Elections held on 6 November.
    All 6 were won by the Republicans.
  • Options
    666, nice
  • Options
    Come on Mit

My hope in humanity will be lost if oooo so nice Obarmy wins it
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Hi Baron - quite emphatic views there and a few WTF! comments too (to the majority of us).
    Can I ask, do you have an attachment to Libya in any way as you seem quite passionate on the subject.

Not digging you out or anything, just wondered.

Of course not. I am just making the point that almost certainly things are not as they seem. Propaganda rules the roost but thorough research can see past it. Western goverments are equally as bad if not worse than others. At least people seem to be researching which is a good thing.
    Propaganda does indeed rule and that is worrying especially when each candidate spends so much (of someone else's) money getting into power. There must be a better framework around which elections can take place, a fairer less corrupting way of disseminating information. This is not just a problem in the US, I think it effects most the states of "the west" some more than others.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Depends how close it is. Somewhere between 2 a.m. and 4 is my guess. I'll be watching it after the Cardiff match.

Having a convo on twitter with a female Romney voter who's bio is "An Independent voter who supports gay rights & a woman's right to choose."

I ask her:

So she says:

Why b/c he doesn't want the govt to pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control? I surely would never vote for a racist like #Obama!

So I reply:

LULZ WTF. How is he a racist? If Romney gets in he will take away womens rights to choose which I thought you cared about? #twat

So she replies:

Are you kidding? "Typical white person" comments & his wife's racist thesis as well as racist friends like Rev Wright.

I reply:

Wheres your proof? Or are you all going on propaganda? Seriously, do you want to **** you country up big time? Think about it.

Neither twitterer comes across well in this exchange IMO. She thinks Obama is racist because he went to a church which had a racist preacher. You think a President has the ability to regulate abortion rights.
  • Options
    I am more anxious and nervous about this election than any other in my lifetime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I am more anxious and nervous about this election than any other in my lifetime.

The media is talking it up as close but it's not really. !0 to 1 Obama will win.

If he doesn't Romney won't be anywhere near as bad as some of you guys think. The worst he can do is start a trade war with China but I think he's too pragmatic for that, ultimately, and won't be able to get it through a Dem controlled senate. Second big worry is he gives Israel carte blanche over Iran. Actually, that is pretty worrying.
  • Options
    Jints said:

The media is talking it up as close but it's not really. !0 to 1 Obama will win.

If he doesn't Romney won't be anywhere near as bad as some of you guys think. The worst he can do is start a trade war with China but I think he's too pragmatic for that, ultimately, and won't be able to get it through a Dem controlled senate. Second big worry is he gives Israel carte blanche over Iran. Actually, that is pretty worrying.
    Dispatches programme aired last night on Isreal and Iran.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/articles/home

• Options
    Jints said:

se9addick said:

I ask her:

So she says:

So I reply:

So she replies:

I reply:

Neither twitterer comes across well in this exchange IMO. She thinks Obama is racist because he went to a church which had a racist preacher. You think a President has the ability to regulate abortion rights.
    Like 2000 election.....result wasn't known for months.
  • Options

Anyone remember the film 'Short Circuit'? Loco=Johnny Five.

I think I'm more like Marvin.
  • Options
    Just been listening to radio 1, they've had someone on the street asking uk people who'll they'll be voting for today...most went for Obama. Ha
  • Options
    I can't understand what the fuss is all about. There is NO WAY Romney can win this. NO WAY. He'd need a clean sweep of just about all the swing states, and in the past week the polls have all been moving away from him.

Study this and tell me again this will be close!
  • Options
    I think NO WAY is a bit strong. Even Nate says there's a 9% chance of a Romney win - basically this is the chance that the polls are systematically overrating Obama's support.

But I agree that it's really not as close as some would have you think.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Indeed. There was an artical a few days ago to the effect that Polls are, if anything, skewed in favour or Romney. The polling organisations are only allowed to call landlines, and in 2012 an increasing number of people - especially in the Obama-supporting demograpics - only use mobiles. So potentially several % points in Obama's favour are not being counted in the opinion polls.

I suspect the loudest voices saying it's going to be close are media organisations, who want people glued to the screen all day.. ;)
  • Options
    So all last week in the States CNN reported the cost would be over $6 BILLION, the BBC today have repeatedly said the election would cost $2 billion.
    Whilst both sums are just obscene, they cant both be right.

From CNN

The cost of federal elections is going up.

WASHINGTON (CNNMoney) -- The tab for the 2012 election is breaking records, with $4.2 billion raised through Sunday on the races for the White House and Congress.

Never before has so much money flowed into federal races. Much of it comes from the unlimited fundraising power of so-called independent groups, including super PACs. By comparison, around $3.8 billion -- an eye-popping amount on its own -- was raised for the 2008 election.

In the presidential race, those supporting President Obama have spent $931 million so far, while those supporting Republican challenger Mitt Romney have spent more than $1 billion, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

A big chunk of the money is coming from the uber-wealthy, according to election experts. Some 149 super-rich donors gave $500,000 or more, contributing $290 million of the funds raised so far, according to analysis by the Center for Responsive Politics and the Center for Public Integrity.

When all the numbers roll in, some $6 billion could be spent on the election.
  • Options
    The Beeb may have only been talking about the presidential and CNN all the other races going on too