Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Slater's Unhappy Valley" - Daily Mail piece

edited October 2012 in General Charlton
2nd piece in the column.

Little new news or revelations although I haven't seen a Club statement regarding Rick Everitt's departture yet.

Interesting that it has made the national press now but we know that the Mail has connections to the Club via the Collins family. That doesn't mean either was the source however

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2220754/1-3m-Olympic-freebies-blame-seats-Nick-Harris.html

Comments

• Options
    Can't keep you away from the Daily Mail now Henry.

Have you got your tickets for The Stones at the O2 yet :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    Also in the mail today, mention of Rick Everitt's departure, and Michael Slater being knocked out by Spanish police following Man City away.
  • Options
    Is Nick Harris a Charlton fan?
  • Options
    I love it!

I was hoping that my "friends" on here might buy me some but no chance of that. : - (
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Also in the mail today, mention of Rick Everitt's departure, and Michael Slater being knocked out by Spanish police following Man City away.

Its the same article Grandpa : - )

• Options
    Can't see how you can get that from the piece in the mail! Do you understand libel laws?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Can't see how you can get that from the piece in the mail! Do you understand libel laws?

Get what? Why would I need to understand libel laws?

• Options
    edited October 2012
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

TelMc32 said:

Get what? Why would I need to understand libel laws?

Not you - charlton_hero's quote.
  • Options
    Yes, yes. Silly comment, removed.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    OK, hadn't seen it before it was deleted

Apologies.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Is Nick Harris a Charlton fan?

Not that I'd heard B
  • Options

2nd piece in the column.

Little new news or revelations although I haven't seen a Club statement regarding Rick Everitt's departture yet.

What is news, at least to me anyway, is the implication that we've cut a deal with Liverpool to receive some of the Shelvey money earlier than originally agreed. That's entirely consistent with the cash flow problems thesis and is not good.

• Options
    Thanks Addicted. When I went to post Henry, no-one else had commented, so I thought my comment would come up underneath the offending one! I certainly didn't want to use the quote option and repeat it!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Thanks Addicted. When I went to post Henry, no-one else had commented, so I thought my comment would come up underneath the offending one! I certainly didn't want to use the quote option and repeat it!

easily done, no probs

• Options

2nd piece in the column.

What is news, at least to me anyway, is the implication that we've cut a deal with Liverpool to receive some of the Shelvey money earlier than originally agreed. That's entirely consistent with the cash flow problems thesis and is not good.

This was mentioned on the Shelvey thread although News Shopper said that the Club has stated it wasn't the case.

• Options

2nd piece in the column.

This was mentioned on the Shelvey thread although News Shopper said that the Club has stated it wasn't the case.

OK, thanks
  • Options
    Addicted - you may need to amend your own post to lose the quote.

Cheers, Tel
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

2nd piece in the column.

Interesting that it has made the national press now but we know that the Mail has connections to the Club via the Collins family. That doesn't mean either was the source however

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2220754/1-3m-Olympic-freebies-blame-seats-Nick-Harris.html

Interesting, now it's made the national media, MS and TJ may have to come out of hiding, and say something, I'm sure it must make uncomfortable reading for them...
  • Options
    hold on hold on-----so when the Mail runs an article about anything its lies and right wing lies blah blah----but when it runs an article about CAFC its all kosher ?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I wish the article had started with "SOME" Charlton fans rather than alluding all of us are unhappy with the way the club is being run.

Strikes me as a similar as when the media portrayed that Charlton fans wanted rid of Curbishley and we were all tarred with that brush because some vocal supporters subscribed to that view.

If I was Slater and TJ I would say feck this don't need the hassle and say here you go Murray you can have your mess back good luck as Im not spending my time and money to be slated on message boards and called a crook and compared to genocidal war criminals just because we keep business activity behind closed doors.
  • Options

hold on hold on-----so when the Mail runs an article about anything its lies and right wing lies blah blah----but when it runs an article about CAFC its all kosher ?

I wouldnt read anything in the Daily Mail if you want actual facts but it is good for a laugh just a shame some people confuse it for a proper newspaper.
  • Options
    Is the Mail a charlton friendly paper? It Seems like the reporter has written the story from what may of been written on here.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ozaddick said:

Is the Mail a charlton friendly paper? It Seems like the reporter has written the story from what may of been written on here.

Whether it has or not I dont know but I imagine it is easier to get a snapshot of opinion by reading a website than canvassing opinion of the entire fanbase, most of who don't even know what an internet chatroom is.

Most Charlton fans I know don't use forums and most are happy with how the club has been run from what they have seen since they took over when we were languishing in the 3rd division and only heading one way.

Say that there are 3,000 signed up members and regular users (and thats a generous assumption) across all charlton internet forums that is probably only around 10% of our fan base and not even 15% of our average attendance. And when you look on here as an example there are probably less than 50 posters that vocally (in postings) regulary display the negative view towards the board which doesnt necessarily give a reflective sample of what the average charlton supporter thinks.

But then suddenly the media pick up that and "Charlton fans are increasingly exasperated about how the club is being run under Michael Slater...." according to an national paper.

Exasperation for me was losing to Northwich Victoria and not having a pot to piss in in the 3rd division and the complete joke and demise of the club and managerial appointments post curbishley which took us there... not what we have been delivered since MS and TJ took over.

I said it before but nothing I have seen the board do since they took over warrants my criticism and I hope they dont lose patience with the negativity and criticism and decide to pack up and go down the road because without their intervention we would have probably lost to Bromley not Barnsley yesterday if we even had a club to turn up to in the first place as didnt see a queue of people lining up to help us out of the shit before Varney and Murray told us that they (TJ & MS) were the right people for the job.

• Options
    Nice post RCT.
  • Options
    Interesting.
    Sort of thing that would make Slater squirm a bit I think. Needs to get some replacements in for the departed. And quick.
  • Options
    Rct how would you know most are happy? Done a survey?

:)
  • Options
    edited October 2012

If I was Slater and TJ I would say feck this don't need the hassle and say here you go Murray you can have your mess back good luck as Im not spending my time and money to be slated on message boards and called a crook and compared to genocidal war criminals just because we keep business activity behind closed doors.

And walk away from "their investment?"