Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Slater's Unhappy Valley" - Daily Mail piece

13»

Comments

• Options

tony jimenez is only interested in making a profit for himself and not taking the club forward. Seriously doubting the boards intentions

How so? To make a profit in football you either sell the club at a higher price than you bought it for when it's value has gone up ie by being in a higher league and more attractive position than when you bought it or by asset stripping and selling your players off like Stephens and Solly who are still here last time i looked.

• Options
    I also heard from the training ground there never was a bid for Solly or he would have been gone.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Rothko said:

I do salute RCT undying belief that nothing is wrong

Where have I said that?

Believing that things aren't hunky dory yet not being critical of the board's actions or refusal to disclose reasons behind every management decision or strategic move are not mutually exclusive positions.

I believe there are issues but refuse to get whipped up and hypnotised into fretting about stuff when there is nothing I have seen other than rumour on the internet that the board have any bad intentions.

If the money man has pulled out as i believe to be the case then theyve done well to keep us afloat and keep hold of players like Solly whom according to many of those "in the know" on this forum was a signed and sealed west ham player in in autumn.
  • Options
    I wholeheartedly disagree that RCT is burying his head a lot of what he has said recently has had a fair level of balance and is quite a refreshing read

Even though I still believe the surface is only just scratched as to what is really going on I have stood back more after reading some of RCT posts as it was driving me insane tbh
  • Options

tony jimenez is only interested in making a profit for himself and not taking the club forward. Seriously doubting the boards intentions

Like most clubs then
  • Options

Rothko said:

Where have I said that?

Believing that things aren't hunky dory yet not being critical of the board's actions or refusal to disclose reasons behind every management decision or strategic move are not mutually exclusive positions.

I believe there are issues but refuse to get whipped up and hypnotised into fretting about stuff when there is nothing I have seen other than rumour on the internet that the board have any bad intentions.

If the money man has pulled out as i believe to be the case then theyve done well to keep us afloat and keep hold of players like Solly whom according to many of those "in the know" on this forum was a signed and sealed west ham player in in autumn.
    This pretty much sums up my point of view too.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Rothko said:

Where have I said that?

This.

Never thought i'd say it Rodders but you've turned into a voice of reason.

Get back to the contrived, sarcastic analogies soon please. -X-
  • Options

Rothko said:

Where have I said that?

Well said Rodders.
  • Options
    Superb post Rodney, Sums up my feelings entirely

• Options
    Glad to see it's just not me keeping an open mind with the current board.

Disappointed about the departure of the four loyal servants of the Club and really annoyed about the way it's been handled; but everything else I've seen and heard doesn't warrant the bluster, supposition and innuendo that some have posted.

I think we are all aware that all is not right and I'm grateful for some posters bringing it to our attention - particularly those with decent contacts still at the Club, but to second guess as to what's going to happen next by adding 2 and 2 together to make 22, doesn't make it so.

We saw enough of that in the 'rumours' thread over the late summer which turned out to be pie in the sky to know that only TJ, MP and MS know what's really going on and what they're doing to reslove any issues we may have.

Our only way to deal with any serious problems is to develop our own Trust, hopefully with the support of some wealthy(ish) individuals to be there if the shit does hit the fan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with Rodders
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Disappointed about the departure of the four loyal servants of the Club and really annoyed about the way it's been handled; but everything else I've seen and heard doesn't warrant the bluster, supposition and innuendo that some have posted.

Agree with this. Tbh, the first thing I've read that makes me feel genuinely unnerved is the suggestion we've accepted less money for Shelvey in order to get payments sooner. I've never been comfortable with that kind of short-termism, but even then it may just have been a necessary measure to secure the club in the short term while longer terms measures were sort and secured and not necessarily the manifestation of some sinister, asset stripping type motives.
  • Options
    Maybe the Shelvey money was the transfer kitty we blew last Summer?
  • Options
    This thing with the Shelvey deal isn't unusual. With the Bent deal, when we still had parachute cash and were spraying out a lot of money in salaries and fees, we took a substantial hit on the overall fee. We've done it in the past and a number of clubs will accelerate payments to keep cash flowing. Football is a funny business with large proportions of the revenue coming in, in large chunks and almost none (unless you're selling players) of it over a two month period in which your outgoings are at their highest.

Agree with Rodders's perspective. At the moment there's little evidence and a lot of chattering. Happy to change my opinion when the evidence is there.