Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Killing wild animals in your garden!

Comments

• Options
    "one of our staff"......

:-)
  • Options
    Yes, that did sound a bit pretentious.

We run a guesthouse, they aren't servants! And rat collecting isn't a regular thing, nor are visits from snakes, but it does happen occasionally.
  • Options
    I love my cats. If anyone tried to hurt them I'd go mental. I am going to be one of those old ladies with loads of cats, I've decided.
  • Options
    what's a 'skink' @Bangkokaddick ?
  • Options
    @Bangkokaddick, glue boards are used in pest control in the UK too. It's a good way of knocking down numbers, bit doesn't necessarily get rid of the problem.
  • Options
    Can we go back to the bit about the blond haired blue-eyed Swedish nurse?
  • Options
    My mate see a mouse with just his two back legs stuck to one of them glueboards. The mouse was dragging the board around with him using his 2 front legs.
  • Options
    should have put some wheels on it like a skateboard
  • Options
    We had a mouse problem in our old house in SE10, the pest control put down glue boards & sure enough a few mice got stuck - but they are still alive and how on earth do you humanely dispatch them?

I tried drowning them, but the boards always seemed to invert & the poor mouse ended up surfing.

The other method I could think of was squashing the thing but that would be really messy.

• Options
    wrp them in newspaper Oakster, then squish them with a weight or stamp on them. had to do that for a friend once!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Oakster, you simply close the glue board and stamp on it. Drowning is one of the most in-humane ways to dispatch the animal.

I only use glue boards for mice/rats on commercial jobs and never on jobs in peoples houses. When I do use them, I'm there at first light to deal with anything caught....
  • Options
    ....if it's a large rat on me glue board and it's impossible to close it, I stick a .22 lead asprin in it's nut!
  • Options
    Wouldn't the asprin sort his head ache out Rob :D
  • Options
    Yeah, it don't get anymore migraines after that pal! ; )
  • Options
    I would go beserk if any scumbag did that to my cat. What an absolute ****.

On the subject of squirrels, we once had to get pest control in the loft as they had nested/multiplied & started eating through cables etc. Still wouldn't stop feeding them though. We have a population of black squirrels where I currently live, never seen them anywhere else!

• Options
    I put one of those glue boards down to catch a couple of mice that were in my loft years ago. They were driving me mental, I was giving it the large one about cutting their feet off so they couldn't make the scratchy noise anymore. Then I caught them

And it broke my heart, these terrified likkle mices hearts were going ten to the dozen and for love nor money I could not set them free.

So I put them in a asda bag and gave them the good news with a club hammer in the back garden, poor little sods. Haven't had any mice since though. Seagul and mice all dispatched with club hammer
  • Options
    Was working in hackney college a few years back throwing cables across the suspended ceiling in a classroom. It was quite dark and was feeling around trying to find the end when my hand went on something which didn't feel right so lifted my hand away and out the void to find it was stuck to a glue board with three partly decomposed mice on it, lets just say I wasn't to best pleased.
  • Options
    "Was working in hackney college a few years back throwing cables across the suspended ceiling in a classroom"

jesus, it used to be paper aeroplanes when I was a lad...
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Was working in hackney college a few years back throwing cables across the suspended ceiling in a classroom. It was quite dark and was feeling around trying to find the end when my hand went on something which didn't feel right so lifted my hand away and out the void to find it was stuck to a glue board with three partly decomposed mice on it, lets just say I wasn't to best pleased.

Who ever left those up there needs a good shoeing. Same thing happened to me in Boots in Hamersmith!
  • Options
    I wasn't happy at the time but when I look back now its quite funny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

I wasn't happy at the time but when I look back now its quite funny.

Would've took the mice/rats a good week to starve to death mate. Not good practice
  • Options
    Not funny that the poor blighters died like that funny that I ended up with it stuck to my hand.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Not funny that the poor blighters died like that funny that I ended up with it stuck to my hand.

Yeah that is quite funny that like. ; )
  • Options
    I saw mouse droppings in my kitchen a few weeks ago. I put an empty kitchen roll (paper towel) roll on the counter top precariously balanced over the edge with jam/peanut butter on the inside right at the end. On the floor underneath the overhang I put a bucket with a few inches of water in it. Worked a treat. Came down the next morning and there was the mouse floating in the water brown bread. Must have only been one because no sign of anything since.
  • Options
    Rob said:

I saw mouse droppings in my kitchen a few weeks ago. I put an empty kitchen roll (paper towel) roll on the counter top precariously balanced over the edge with jam/peanut butter on the inside right at the end. On the floor underneath the overhang I put a bucket with a few inches of water in it. Worked a treat. Came down the next morning and there was the mouse floating in the water brown bread. Must have only been one because no sign of anything since.

You wanna job pal?
  • Options
    How much? :-)
  • Options
    Rob said:

How much? :-)

I supply the bog roll!?

; )
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

wrp them in newspaper Oakster, then squish them with a weight or stamp on them. had to do that for a friend once!

Blimey he must have really upset you!
  • Options
    Oakster said:

We had a mouse problem in our old house in SE10, the pest control put down glue boards & sure enough a few mice got stuck - but they are still alive and how on earth do you humanely dispatch them?

I tried drowning them, but the boards always seemed to invert & the poor mouse ended up surfing.

The other method I could think of was squashing the thing but that would be really messy.

Nitrogen, a small tank full of the gas. Nice way to go
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Blimey he must have really upset you!
    Hahaha! Not quite! She was doing a very good impression of the woman from Tom and Jerry though