Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Killing wild animals in your garden!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    @BIG_ROB I never thought you were a complete heartless murderer mate ;o)
  • Options

Next door's children p*ss me off coming into our garden for their ball, but when I put poison down for them they reported me to the police! FFS. vegetarian political correctness gone mad.

Que? Vegetarians don't eat children mate but if you want to poison them, feel free. It's little fluffy animals I care about!
  • Options
    Hex said:

We have a population of black squirrels where I currently live, never seen them anywhere else!

Vancouver ?
    There's quite a few of them in Nebraska and in other mid-west states. Perhaps it's an illusion but they look bigger than the grey ones. I think I read somewhere that there are some in the UK as well.
  • Options

Next door's children p*ss me off coming into our garden for their ball, but when I put poison down for them they reported me to the police! FFS. vegetarian political correctness gone mad.

Que? Vegetarians don't eat children mate but if you want to poison them, feel free. It's little fluffy animals I care about!
    Nah mate - not me, their bloody parents. Left-wing, guardian-reading, BBC-watching, social-working, jumper-wearing, tennis-playing, foreigner-hugging, almost-entirely-mythical breeders!
  • Options
    I'm a Veggie (32 years) but don't read the Guardian.
    Am Left-wing and do watch Dr Who on the BBC though........
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

The only wildlife I kill are the monster slugs that have invaded my veg patch this summer.

They move en mass, like a formation of tanks devouring everything that gets in their way - and the more I kill, the more reinforcements take their place.

Rather than use slug pellets, I slice them in half with a garden trowel - one wet evening I decided to count them as I picked them off, 114 of the b*stards.

One curious thing - my entire population of 'normal' nuisance slugs is conspicuious by its absence.
    I can only assume the monster slugs have wiped them out?

Who else has had this problem?

Had the same happen to me Oggy, lost pretty much everyhting, really bad year for crops and the weather hasn't helped. The Slugs were huge.