Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Abdul Razak (returns to Man City)

edited October 2012 in General Charlton
Just seen on the breaking news bit along the bottom of the website that Razak has gone back to City! i thought he looked a good player away at blackpool and hasn't really been given a chance.

Comments

• Options
    That's a shame. May have taken a knock?
  • Options
    Yeah that could be true. Maybe they might not be happy with the fact he isn't getting a game?
  • Options
    That's really annoying - leaves us short in midfield again so maybe someone else to come in to add the drive forward and pace we need?

I have a feeling he may not have settled.
  • Options
    how long was his loan meant to be?
  • Options
    Can't say I'm Dissapointed .
  • Options
    3 months
  • Options
    Until January i thought, he then jets off to africa for the african cup of nations
  • Options
    recalled by man city. it cant be cos they have a light squad!

he musn't have been happy not playing
  • Options
    did not see him enough so cant really be that disappointed. Sure we will get someone else in.
  • Options
    Disappointed with that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can't say I'm dissapointed .

LOL

Not doing City or us any good if he's not playing.

Will be interesting to watch how his career develops over the next few years.

• Options
    Manchester City have recalled Abdul Razak from his loan at Charlton with immediate effect.

The Ivory Coast international joined the Addicks on loan for three months following the 1-1 draw at Blackburn Rovers on October 29th, but will now return to the Etihad Stadium earlier than planned.

Razak, 19, has featured twice since arriving in SE7, playing the full match in an impressive 2-0 victory at Blackpool and the first half of the 1-0 home defeat by Barnsley on Football for a Fiver day at The Valley.

The all-action midfielder was an unused substitute during the 1-1 draw at Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.
  • Options
    Well no mention of injury and I doubt Man City are desperate for him, so either:

a. He's had a fall out with SCP and SCP wants him gone
    b. He and Man City expected him to start and that doesn't look like happening now
    c. We can't afford to pay for him.
  • Options

Well no mention of injury and I doubt Man City are desperate for him, so either:

a. He's had a fall out with SCP and SCP wants him gone
    b. He and Man City expected him to start and that doesn't look like happening now
    c. We can't afford to pay for him.

I would plump for 'b'. I think City were hoping he would get some valuable game time but actually he hasn't featured as much as they expected.

• Options
    for me it's b) followed by a) followed by c)
  • Options
    Didn't we loan a keeper whose feet barely touched the ground at Sparrows before he was recalled? From Fulham?
  • Options
    http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1586179_season-preview-rising-starlet-abdul-razak-ready-to-step-up

"Razak had two loan spells last season. At Portsmouth he impressed manager Michael Appleton, who was disappointed when City recalled him early in November. Three months later he went to Brighton, had a brilliant home debut but then returned after a disagreement with manager Gus Poyet."

I think we can surmise from that that its most likely to be either/both of a) and b)
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Didn't we loan a keeper whose feet barely touched the ground at Sparrows before he was recalled? From Fulham?

Neil Etheridge
  • Options
    it cant be a) otherwise the loan would have been terminated, not man city recalling him.
  • Options
    Get rid... I have a 6th sense for these sort of things... He's poison ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    'Said tactical coach David Platt: “Abdul in his last couple of games put himself in contention for a game on Sunday. It benefits people to go out and play but it also benefits them to train with the first team so you always have to look at what is best for them.'
  • Options
    Any of the above seem plausible though 'A' seems most likely as he was an unused substitute at Wolves. I have heard rumours that he wasn't the best 'team' player at Brighton and given Slater's (or was it Jimenez's) strong ties with Man City, I am sure that he would have been used more, given his flair and skill, if he was commited to playing for Charlton.

Who knows?
  • Options
    A shame as he looked decent when I saw him play. Got to be a reason behind it though and probably best for all parties whatever it is.
  • Options

recalled by man city. it cant be cos they have a light squad!

You'd think not but in their last 2 games, they've had a 17 year old kid on the bench as their only midfield cover.

• Options
    Decent player so a shame in that respect but probs for the best if he is causing trouble.
  • Options
    Shame it wasn't Hulse.
  • Options

Any of the above seem plausible though 'A' seems most likely as he was an unused substitute at Wolves. I have heard rumours that he wasn't the best 'team' player at Brighton and given Slater's (or was it Jimenez's) strong ties with Man City, I am sure that he would have been used more, given his flair and skill, if he was commited to playing for Charlton.

Who knows?

but he was recalled. if he had a bust-up then charlton would have terminated the loan.
  • Options
    Silva is out, rodwell is out, Garcia is out, Milner is suspended, Toure looks knackered, it could be that he's recalled because they actually want him to play. Why do people just assume he's trouble, had a row with Powell and asked to go back?!
  • Options

Silva is out, rodwell is out, Garcia is out, Milner is suspended, Toure looks knackered, it could be that he's recalled because they actually want him to play. Why do people just assume he's trouble, had a row with Powell and asked to go back?!

Because he supposedly had trouble with Poyet, he's a teenager on bigger wages than any of us on the books of the current champions and he didn't score a hat-tick on his debut
  • Options
    Only saw him for 45mins v Barnsley, looked like a good player with a big attitude who shrugged his shoulders and moaned a lot. Not the sort of player you need to help you fight out some results. Not sad to see him go.