Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Abdul Razak (returns to Man City)

Comments

• Options
    CL rule #284: Any player who turns out to be a pit pants was not Chris Powell's signing.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

not really bothered - i'd much prefer to play Bover in midfield, who imho is a better player AND IS OURS.

Just come back from the U21s.He was poor,not ready for the first team.How many times have you seen him Golfie as you seem to have a view of him that doesn't match the last 5 or 6 games he has played.

I've only seen him play a couple of times - the cup games last season and the pre-season game v Welling. Just has something about him & a typical spanish player - comfortanle on the ball, likes to run with it and although quite slight he can keep hold of it.

I agree that I haven't seen him play recently and he may have gone backwards in the recent development / U21 matches - but i'll stick my neck out he'll be another one that in a few years time we will be saying "shame we didn't keep him" when he plays for another club ala Micheal Turner and others.

• Options

dickplumb said:

not really bothered - i'd much prefer to play Bover in midfield, who imho is a better player AND IS OURS.

Just come back from the U21s.He was poor,not ready for the first team.How many times have you seen him Golfie as you seem to have a view of him that doesn't match the last 5 or 6 games he has played.

I've only seen him play a couple of times - the cup games last season and the pre-season game v Welling. Just has something about him & a typical spanish player - comfortanle on the ball, likes to run with it and although quite slight he can keep hold of it.

I agree that I haven't seen him play recently and he may have gone backwards in the recent development / U21 matches - but i'll stick my neck out he'll be another one that in a few years time we will be saying "shame we didn't keep him" when he plays for another club ala Micheal Turner and others.

You maybe right Golfie,but he really doesn't tick any of the boxes.Is he fast enough- no
    Is he strong enough-no,Does he tackle well-no.He has got a little bit of ability but I can't see him making it in the Championship.He seems to like taking the ball and then laying it off usually going backwards.His first pass of the game went backwards and straight to one of their players who nearly scored.

By the way I always thought that Michael Turner would make it and was highly thought of by the youth team coaches at the time.But those were different days as we were in the Premiership.I remember he went to train and play with Inter Milan.
  • Options
    If Bover isn't going to make it then why bother keeping him ? Obviously SCP and Co are not quite as sure as some that he's not good enough.
  • Options
    Well the tone of all the comments in the media seems to be 'Injury hit City recall Razak" so it doesn't look to be anything more sinister than that. With QPR's vast number of strikers, at least that's not a problem we'll face with Hulse.

For a guy who's meant to be a combative central midfielder, it's not obvious why he should have been playing against Barnsley in the hole as the most attacking midfield player, as that's not his position, so perhaps it's not surprising he wasn't entirely convincing there.
  • Options
    Has anyone claimed that he was drink driving a moped round sparrows lane, FACT, yet?
  • Options

If Bover isn't going to make it then why bother keeping him ? Obviously SCP and Co are not quite as sure as some that he's not good enough.

I am just giving my honest opinion after watching him in ten games.We have a weak midfield and if Bover was that good,he would be pushing for a start.As he isn't it rather says it all.There are also other players in the U 21squad that I don't feel are good enough.Courtney Harris,James Ashton and other players in our first team squad Mambo,Clarke,Haynes.

Players in our Under18s with real promise,Poyet,Gerrard,Muldoon,Azeez,Pigott,Ajayi.

Just my opinion of course.

• Options
    edited October 2012

Not saying it's the case for Bover but we need enough players to have an u21 and u18 team... They'll be confident some are going to make it and hoping others will push on given time.
  • Options

Has anyone claimed that he was drink driving a moped round sparrows lane, FACT, yet?

No, sticking a screwdriver into a tractor ;-)
  • Options
    Abdul Razak ‏@Razak

BIG thank u to all @CAFCofficial players & supporters for making my short stay feel more than the 2apps. Due 2 injuries am back @MCFC #1luv
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

WSS said:

Powell can be, er, 'economical' with the truth sometimes.

Any examples of that?

colthe3rd said:

CL rule #284: Any player who turns out to be a pit pants was not Chris Powell's signing.

Except Frank Nouble who Powell said Dyer had told him not to sign, but he did anyway.
  • Options
    So no conspiracy? No falling out? No sarcasm from our captain? No 'chairmans signing'? Some people here will be disappointed about this
  • Options
    There u go no fall out no conspiracy

Shame he has gone
  • Options
    LOL SAM MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY
  • Options

Surely some players have the potential to make it but may not be considered to be ready yet. Why does it have to be one or the other?

• Options
    When their injuries get better do you think we will get him back
  • Options
    That'll be down to the Black lawyers
  • Options

Surely some players have the potential to make it but may not be considered to be ready yet. Why does it have to be one or the other?

Exactly, there is a difference between not being good enough/ready for the situation now and just not good enough full stop. If CP and co thought he was ready and able to play, they would play him. If they thought he was never going to make it, in all honesty they would probably already have got rid. As it is, we just have to play the old waiting game.
  • Options

Wasn't that the point I was making ?

• Options
    Unused sub for City last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sub for the richest club in the world ! I thought he was supposed to be sh1t ? ;0)
  • Options
    Heard he's been sent home after fighting with a fellow Ivory Coast team mate in Tanzania before thier World Cup qualifier.
  • Options
    Oops naughty boy
  • Options
    i remember jacko rather sarcastically saying he'll "miss" Razak's banter. seems like a bad egg
  • Options

i remember jacko rather sarcastically saying he'll "miss" Razak's banter. seems like a bad egg

Or he'll miss razak's banter.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Was def sarcastic
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

Kap10 said:

Was def sarcastic
    Ok.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

shirty5 said:

WSS said:

Powell can be, er, 'economical' with the truth sometimes.

Any examples of that?

colthe3rd said:

Except Frank Nouble who Powell said Dyer had told him not to sign, but he did anyway.
    Dyer was right. Another duff loanee striker from the 'Ammers was Bryan Small: anyone remember him? Utterly useless.

• Options
    Short term loanees from 'bigger' clubs rarely work out as they generally don't want to be here. Some are unfit, some are crap and some(who may be decent) just have a poor attitude.