Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Abdul Razak (returns to Man City)

Comments

• Options

Only saw him for 45mins v Barnsley, looked like a good player with a big attitude who shrugged his shoulders and moaned a lot. Not the sort of player you need to help you fight out some results. Not sad to see him go.

You could've said exactly the same about Alex Song but he was a good loan signing for us. We are very weak in central midfield in my opinion and he's obviously got a bit of talent. Took a great free kick against Barnsley and played 90 minutes in probably our best result of the season. I'm disappointed we've not seen a bit more of him.
  • Options

Only saw him for 45mins v Barnsley, looked like a good player with a big attitude who shrugged his shoulders and moaned a lot. Not the sort of player you need to help you fight out some results. Not sad to see him go.

Remember he flew all the way to Dakar for a match beforehand, and the rioting that ensued at that match would have been stressful for anyone, let alone a 19 year old who has only just made it into the national team.

I didn't see him as a player with a poor attitude, in fact it looked like he was tying to tell some of our players that they need to be more composed and play the ball about a bit, which we didn't do
  • Options
    personally i think he was a man city vanity purchase ...from what i saw of the 45 mins he played against barnsley ,he didnt work hard enough off the ball ,he gave the ball away too often and made the wrong choices ...a big !" i am pleased " from me ..hope it sends a message to the rest of the squad (with permanent contracts)that SCP has faith in them ...if he couldnt get in brightons side last year then i alwys doubted that he could get in ours this year
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    The article says he was recalled by City, not that the loan was terminated by CAFC. That's a big give away as to the situation I think, it's not like they need him in their squad so they must've got hacked off about him not playing.

I wouldn't be too bothered about it but it may affect City's decision to loan us players in the future.
  • Options
    Michael Slater's left, severed our ties with Man City. Only explanation.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    WSS said:

Michael Slater's left, severed our ties with Man City. Only explanation.

Is that speculation or fact?

• Options
    Shame, he is a really good player and we didn't have him long enough to see that. Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

personally i think he was a man city vanity purchase ...from what i saw of the 45 mins he played against barnsley ,he didnt work hard enough off the ball ,he gave the ball away too often and made the wrong choices ...a big !" i am pleased " from me ..hope it sends a message to the rest of the squad (with permanent contracts)that SCP has faith in them ...if he couldnt get in brightons side last year then i alwys doubted that he could get in ours this year

I didn't think he was that bad in the Barnsley game, it wasn't as if he was the weak link in an otherwise strong team. If anything, after the half time changes we got worse in the 2nd half.
  • Options
    @RichCawleySLP
    Chris Powell on Razak recall: I was hoping he would stay with us for the three months. But there is nothing we can do about it
  • Options
    Really Dissapointed with this news, got a bad feeling he could end up on loan to one of our rivals and do really well, as it sounds like it is due to him not being played but if that was CP decision i respect it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think they are short due to injuries so have recalled him. He is their player so nobody can complain. Not in our first team either so not a disaster although better to have him around as an option than not.
  • Options
    Shame the 45 minutes I did see against Barnsley he looked promising. I guess City called him back as he wasn't getting any game time. Honestly I wonder about loan deals and their value over the last few seasons we have a myriad of them buyt struggle to recall any that were really successful.
  • Options

Really Dissapointed with this news, got a bad feeling he could end up on loan to one of our rivals and do really well, as it sounds like it is due to him not being played but if that was CP decision i respect it.

This hits the nail on the head I suspect. The challenge with loan arrangements of this kind is precisely that the source Club is only really interested if their player is going to play regularly whilst, quite justifiably, the receiving Club can only accommodate that if the selection is on merit. This is easy with an Alex Song, for example, because it was obvious immediately that he was a significant improvement on what Pardew had available. Chris Powell clearly didn't feel this way about Razak.
  • Options
    Will SCP dip in to the loan market?
  • Options
    Maybee it was because slater came out as a man city fan and then was in press for wrong reasons and thet dont want to be associated with us now?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Covered end junior spotted him on Wolverhampton station after the match. He asked me why he wasn't on the coach & I said he must be heading back to Manchester. Didn't realise he would be staying there :-(
  • Options
    Hopefully we can get Omar Pouso in on loan to replace him
  • Options
    Strange one, Jacko twitter says "Guna miss Razaks banter...." Sarcasm? He's rumoured to have got the train home by himself too.
  • Options

Hopefully we can get Omar Pouso in on loan to replace him

Nice! He was due a game at some point, or maybe Jesper Blomqvist?

• Options
    Based purely on 45 mins v Barnsley I'm really not unhappy. He appeared to be strong with "good feet", capable of getting out of tight situations with a quick shuffle, yet got involved about three times in the half, dropping his shoulders and looking peed off when he felt a tream-mate had let him down. Perkins - the oppo player most consistently in the area he'd presumably been designated to operate - controlled the game, unhindered by our "all action midfielder" whom I understand was supposed to form the link between midfield and attack.

Will he one day play regularly for City? Possibly, if his attitude improves markedly, but then again they appear content to let overpaid prima-donnas play when they fancy, whilst being comfortably outplayed by better-knit sides in Europe. Personally I really don't care. For all his lack of experience Alex Song always appeared to have the hunger to match his obvious ability when playing for a smaller less glamorous club. Razak didn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not really bothered - i'd much prefer to play Bover in midfield, who imho is a better player AND IS OURS.
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:

Based purely on 45 mins v Barnsley I'm really not unhappy. He appeared to be strong with "good feet", capable of getting out of tight situations with a quick shuffle, yet got involved about three times in the half, dropping his shoulders and looking peed off when he felt a tream-mate had let him down. Perkins - the oppo player most consistently in the area he'd presumably been designated to operate - controlled the game, unhindered by our "all action midfielder" whom I understand was supposed to form the link between midfield and attack.

Will he one day play regularly for City? Possibly, if his attitude improves markedly, but then again they appear content to let overpaid prima-donnas play when they fancy, whilst being comfortably outplayed by better-knit sides in Europe. Personally I really don't care. For all his lack of experience Alex Song always appeared to have the hunger to match his obvious ability when playing for a smaller less glamorous club. Razak didn't.

Bloody hell, he only played 45 minutes at The Valley.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Paddy7 said:

So did Pouso!
  • Options

not really bothered - i'd much prefer to play Bover in midfield, who imho is a better player AND IS OURS.

Just come back from the U21s.He was poor,not ready for the first team.How many times have you seen him Golfie as you seem to have a view of him that doesn't match the last 5 or 6 games he has played.

• Options
    he's gone, move on, in SCP we trust
  • Options
    Against Barnsley I think he was supposed to keep Pekins quiet, which he didn't really. Perkins ran rings around all our midfirled. But you could see he was a talented player.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2012
    @johnnie_jackson Gonna miss Rasak's banter.....

Says it all really.
  • Options

The article says he was recalled by City, not that the loan was terminated by CAFC. That's a big give away as to the situation I think, it's not like they need him in their squad so they must've got hacked off about him not playing.

But Chris Powell is a very diplomatic guy. If there has been a falling out or if he didn't want to be here, it would look better for all concerned if CP had a word with Mancini or Platt and asked them to recall rather than wash any dirty linen in public.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Paddy7 said:

Yup, think I might've mentioned that Tom. Plenty enough to see how interested someone is sometimes. Not claiming to know him inside out.

• Options
    So CP has said its a shame he has to go back, our captain says he will miss his banter (which may be sarcasm, but may be true) and Man City are woefully short on midfielders right now, but because he wasn't a world beater in 45 minutes on his debut, he is a lazy, uninterested player on too much money who disrupted the squad, fell out with Powell and its a good thing he's gone?

Wow