Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holloway to Palace?

Comments

• Options

Has anyone seen that programme 999 what's your emergency its all set in blackpool a right load of fruitcakes up there! A bloke on there last night an alcoholic, has been taken to a&e 52 times this year and claims to have been an ex pro footballer and one of the ambulancemen googled him and he used to play for Leeds apparently!

Yeah I watched that last night. Some right loons. Last week there was one girl who had been stabbed by her mate. I think it was another mate who commented that 'it's just a laugh really'...
  • Options
    Richard Cawley‏@RichCawleySLP

#cpfc have made official approach for Blackpool boss Ian Holloway
  • Options
    hope he doesnt go palace i think he is a top top manager
  • Options
    He's does well for Blackpool and Plymouth but he did not do much with Leicester and QPR. Only time will tell if he does a good job at Palace.
  • Options

W

Why? Because he says the right things? IMO he's massively over rated
  • Options
    they are all my sons!!!
  • Options
    I'm sure all those Palace fans moaning about Dougie Greedman and how disgusting it is that Bolton took their manager will now expect Blackpool to give them Holloway no questions asked.
  • Options
    How professional of them to publicly confirm their approach for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh Bollocks! I really like Holloway and he's going to the Nigels that is tragic!
  • Options
    A sideways step at best, I really really hope this doesn't happen as the man is not only a legend but a good Manager.
  • Options
    Palace mate on facebook seems to think its a done deal.
  • Options
    Turned over a Holloway team away already this season, look forward to doing it again come Feb.
  • Options
    Watching sky sports news, these palace fans expecting him to lead them to the premiership. Muppets.
  • Options
    Every time this job becomes available I apply. Have never even had the decency to reply. I managed a Petts Wood under 14 team back in 96', apparently that's not good enough.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Every time this job becomes available I apply. Have never even had the decency to reply. I managed a Petts Wood under 14 team back in 96', apparently that's not good enough.

Sound overqualified to me.
  • Options
    I'd rather send Palace to Holloway !
  • Options
    I think it will happen, and whatever the outcome Crystal Palace will have a decent man in charge (as much as anybody in the murky world of football is decent). It will mean the two SE London clubs, and the Croydon club will all be managed by blokes with a decent bit if integrity. Holloway, Jackett and Powell are a good local trio of managers (if it happens).
  • Options
    masicat said:

I probably know some of the players you managed!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really hope not
  • Options
    seth plum said:

... Holloway, Jackett and Powell are a good local trio of managers (if it happens).

very true
  • Options

masicat said:

I probably know some of the players you managed!

Can only remember a few. Cumberbatch, Manning, Doyle, Clapham.
  • Options
    Seems Richard Cawley might have misinterpreted what he was told and Blackpool HAVEN'T yet given permission for Holloway to speak to Palace
  • Options
    By William Watt
    Published on Friday 2 November 2012 14:21

IAN Holloway took training today at Blackpool, despite major doubts over his future.

It was business as usual at the club’s Squires Gate training ground on Friday morning as Crystal Palace waited on a response to their official approach.

The London club made their move for the Pool boss late last night.

The Seasiders are expected to fight to keep their manager, and as of this morning, The Gazette understands chairman Karl Oyston had not granted permission for the Selhurst Park club to speak to Holloway.

Palace’s swoop comes as a huge shock to everyone at Bloomfield Road.

After vacant jobs at Blackburn, Ipswich and Burnley were all now filled, and with Palace unwilling to stump-up compensation for Holloway, it appeared certain he’d be staying at Blackpool.

However, the Eagles have had a change of heart and decided to gamble on a manager to replace Dougie Freedman, who joined Bolton last week.

Holloway spoke to his players before training today to ensure them he’d heard nothing about his future.

He wasn’t part of the party which travelled to Derby by coach this afternoon, but it’s not uncommon for him to make him own way to hotels before a game.

Palace chairman Steve Parish said: “We’ve made an official approach to Blackpool for Ian Holloway and now we just have to wait.

“We’re pretty confident but we’ll see – you never know anything in this game until it actually happens.

“We’ll do our best but I’d like to think he will give us the right impetus now to push on.

“We feel that where we are now we need a bit of experience.

“The players are in a certain place and it took Dougie nearly two years to get where we are now.

“Rather than just try to find another Dougie, we’re thinking let’s try and change up.”

Should Pool and Palace agree a suitable compensation package, Holloway will then be allowed to talk to the London club about personal terms.

But he won’t come cheap, they would have to stump-up a year’s salary in compensation to appoint the Blackpool boss, a figure which is set at around £400,000.

Should Oyston turn down Palace’s offer, it would take Holloway to walk-out on Bloomfield Road, if he wishes to do do.

In that case, Holloway would himself be liable to a huge claim against him from Blackpool FC.

The manager’s future has dominated conversation in the past week, with reports in Suffolk even claiming Holloway spoke to Ipswich about their manager’s job on Wednesday.

But speaking to The Gazette yesterday, before news of Palace’s approach broke, he said:

“Speculation proved to be exactly what it is,” added Holloway.

“I’m not going to say I’m definitely staying because I said that once when I was at Plymouth, and I’ll never ever say that again.

“You’ve got to look at yourself and look at your life and where the chairman wants to go.

“One day it might be two different things.

“Karl always gets his way, and so far his way has suited me.

“If I don’t get in the play-offs this year, and I don’t win the play-offs, I’ve failed haven’t I?

“That’s the pressure I’m putting on myself.”

• Options
    He's gone to Palace now I hear.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Heard he was in talks with Parish at The Dorchester last night.
  • Options
    On par with Jordan
  • Options
    No - Parish is a decent guy.
  • Options
    Associated with palace, need I say anymore