Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which team do you dislike and why?

Comments

• Options

Manchester United. Coming from Surrey most people naturally support them purely because they're the winners. You get mostly United, a few Arsenal and Chelsea, slightly fewer Liverpool and some Spurs. The vast majority are glory supporting United fans who not only follow a team for their success but also somehow think they can take the piss when Charlton lose or get relegated (twice, thanks lads). I didn't have a local team, but my dad's from near Charlton so I'm Charlton. For them it's just jumping on the winners' bandwagon. As a result I always used to get the dread going in knowing United had won and Charlton had probably got turned over by Bolton. On the off chance we won of course, the response - 'so what, you're still crap and we're top'. Add on Fergie time, suspicious ref decisions and Lord Ferg's terrifying control over officials and the media and they're a repellant team to me. Drove me mad that we could beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool but never United

Man U and Spurs.

Got a Manure 'Fan' at work, only time he has seen them was at the Valley, which is ironic seeing as he tries to take the piss when we lose. Insists on calling them 'United'. Informed me that he is getting Sky 3D so he can watch 'United' in 3D, I said he should go to the games they're all in 3D, childish I know, but made me feel better.

Spurs - 'cos they think they are a big club and they have the divine right to win everything.
  • Options
    In order:
    1. Spurs - big club, big club, blah blah, really rubbed our noses in it when we lost Scott Parker
    2. Man U - club before country (only marginally redeemed by Cantona..)
    3. Fulham - promoted up from obscurity by wealthy owner and we never seem to beat them
    4. to a lesser extent - Stoke - the season their physical style got them promotion (I didn't think they'd survive!)
  • Options
    Celtic
    Liverpool
    Tottenham

In no particular order.
  • Options
    There was a time when it was universally Man U for the habit of buying up quality players and sticking them in the stiffs.
    Different ball game nowadays and Chelsea seem to have taken it a new level with their recent behaviour. Even some of their most sensible fans are struggling to justify their actions. Has to be Chelsea for me.

West Ham a close second because they think they're a big club. A No3 wood is a big club!

• Options
    Rangers, cheats, plastic fans, financial meltdown, arrogance, failing to provide a proper test for Inverness
    Celtic, cheats, plastic fans
    Liverpool, whining, under achieving becoming irritating
    Spurs, horrible deluded supporters
    Arsenal, horrible deluded supporters
    Wolves, the Matt Holmes thing sill rankles
    Motherwell, constant spending while in administration
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Number one is Liverpool, due to the arse licking blanket coverage of them in the media during the 70s and 80s, and their hundreds of thousands of fans from nowhere near the place.

Followed by all teams who have more followers from outside their catchment area than within it, e.g. Man Utd, Celtic, Rangers, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Benfica etc.

Don't like losing to Palace or Millwall, but don't hate them. And don't hate any other club like ours, although Wolves and Birmingham have some charmless nerks following them...
  • Options
    Argentina and Scotland. At home its Arsenal, Newcastle and increasingly Tottenham.
  • Options
    Chelsea, Chelsea & Chelsea, oh & i almost forgot Chelsea.
  • Options
    MK Dons and Man Utd
  • Options
    Watford. I grew up there being the only Charlton fan for miles around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All due respect Matt, but hating your local team when you are the one who supports a team from elsewhere has never, ever made any sense to me whatsoever? Who do you expect the majority to support, and why would you be surprised that they don't like you following a team from miles away? I have an acquaintance from Norfolk who follows Liverpool, and hates Norwich. I just don't get it?
  • Options
    Plenty in this category. Liverpool because they won't accept that are now average, Scotland since Ally McCloud made his snide comments about England, Chelsea for their billy big bollocks ways and taking our best player when we were having our best season and lastly Arsenal because they have the most one eyed fans possibly in the world.
  • Options
    Chelsea
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Bristol City
  • Options
    iainment said:

Millwall
    Palace
    Chelsea
    Glasgow Rangers
    Bristol City
    Stoke
    Cardiff
    Birmingham City
    Wolves
    Wycombe
    Lazio
    Real Madrid
    and a few more but that'll do for now.

Wycombe? I know they beat us that awful evening in the LC QF under Uncle Les, but is that the only reason they make your list?

• Options
    Grimsby
    Scunny
    Hull
    Liverpool

Because they're all scum.
  • Options

Chelsea, Chelsea & Chelsea, oh & i almost forgot Chelsea.

You beat me to it. Exactly what I was going to say.
    Scum club which atrracts scum fans.

• Options
    The Rangers, Southampton and Chelsea

The two obvious one's come before obviously and hate Palace more than Millwall purely because The Palace supporters I know must have a degree in being irritating.
  • Options
    QPR

Hate their ground, hate the fact that they seem to buy a new team every season, really starting to hate Mark Hughes.
  • Options
    Man Utd were my first hate, and they will be my last.
    Used to hate Spurs, but have mellowed on that one.
  • Options
    Dirty, dirty Leeds. Thick, deluded northern monkies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I tend to have a dislike for the fans of other teams, rather than the team itself. So, my list would be:

Cardiff
    Portsmouth
    struggling to think of more (I think the original post excludes Millwall).
  • Options
    Man Utd - glory hunter supporters, I really would like to see Man Utd get relegated then I wonder how many Utd fans who will come from Manchester to shop in Bromley

Bristol City - fans are full of scum, remember the trouble they caused us 1993/94 FA cup.

MK Plastics - obvious reason

Tranmere - they play the most irritating football

Watford - Used to like them but since their Italian takeover and our match against them, I lost total respect of them. Diving Italians
  • Options
    Palace
    Millwall
    Chelsea
    Tottenham
    West Ham
  • Options
    Man U
  • Options
    Liverpool - their sh*tness doesn't detract from their sense of their own massiveness.
    Newcastle - ditto.
  • Options
    Stafford Rangers. Gits.
  • Options
    Newcastle - deluded, moronic fans who seem to think that going decades without winning a trophy makes you a massive club. Wrong. The Pardew Factor also.

Man United - I shouldn't know any Man United fans. I know dozens of Man United fans. None of them attend matches. Tossers.

• Options
    Millwall
    Palace

And then two products of modern football at it's very worst:

FC Copenhagen: You merge two clubs with a rich history (KB from 1876 - oldest football club on the continent) and B1903 (from 1903). Bingo.
    A horrible product of modern football was born in 1992.

Red Bull Salzburg: Originally Austria Salzburg, the team were renamed Red Bull Salzburg in 2005 and, more dramatically, the club's colours were changed from the traditional purple-and-white to red-and-blue. When fans pleaded with Red Bull to keep the team's old colours, they were offered one concession: the goalkeeper would wear purple socks at away games.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    wolves, (me nose broken by a big hard man when i was young)
    chelsea, ( enough said: Love Killers goal for the 3-2)
    spanners, (really ? You have to ask ?)
    Cowdenbeth, (See ESFC)
    looting & mugging (Its a DHFC thang!)
  • Options
    Celtic

Sporting wing of the IRA, and the majority of their fans are rabid republican anti British plastic paddy numpties. Disrupted Remembrance Sunday silences many a time with booing, sing IRA songs and hold aloft banners about "blood soaked poppies" despise them with a passion.